General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

brazilian cooking

Started by Aspiring Cook · · Last activity · 3 posts · 1,639 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
8 March 2004
Last activity
15 March 2004
Original author
Aspiring Cook
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,639
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. i got turned on to brazilian food for the first time
    recently, particularly the meat dishes. now i'd like to know
    which cookbook is recommended for brazilian cooking. any
    suggestions appreciated.

  2. aspiring cook said:

    i got turned on to brazilian food for the first time
    recently, particularly the meat dishes. now i'd like to
    know which cookbook is recommended for brazilian cooking.
    any suggestions appreciated.

    What dishes? A few years ago I sent 2 weeks on business in
    Rio and didn't have a meal better than mediocre all the
    time i was there. The food tended to be very bland. When I
    asked about the food the people there said that up near the
    Amazon the food was better. I've spent time in both Chile
    and Venezuela and liked the food in both of these places
    very much.

    I would like to think that I just had bad luck picking
    restaurants in Rio. Has anyone had better luck?

    JakeInHartsel

  3. Glenn Jacobs said:

    On 7 Mar 2004 16:16:52 -0800, aspiring cook wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    i got turned on to brazilian food for the first time
    recently, particularly the meat dishes. now i'd like to
    know which cookbook is recommended for brazilian cooking.
    any suggestions appreciated.

    Quoted message said:

    What dishes? A few years ago I sent 2 weeks on business in
    Rio and didn't have a meal better than mediocre all the
    time i was there. The food tended to be very bland. When I
    asked about the food the people there said that up near the
    Amazon the food was better. I've spent time in both Chile
    and Venezuela and liked the food in both of these places
    very much.

    Quoted message said:

    I would like to think that I just had bad luck picking
    restaurants in Rio. Has anyone had better luck?

    Quoted message said:

    JakeInHartsel

    Well, it has been twenty or more years since I have been in
    Brazil, and I had never been in Rio.

    Brazil is a very big country. In the few years I spent in
    Sao Paulo, I encountered several local cuisines.

    There are a couple of things which distinguish Brazil.

    In Sao Paulo, at least, on Wednesdays and Saturdays,
    one enjoys *fejoida*. That is a stew of the last few
    days (much like US restaurants offer a soup being
    "cream of yesterday"😉, served on rice, and surrounded
    by slices of orange.

    And then there was cachaca, the principal ingredient of a
    caiperinha.
    --
    J.Otto Tennant [email hidden] Forsan et haec olim meminisse
    juvabit. Charter Member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.