Bread and Jam, Jam and Bread

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Melba's Jammin', Feb 3, 2006.

  1. We're dining this evening with Rob's former TA and her new esposo. I
    wanted to give them a small gift so a couple days ago I made a batch of
    Cherry Berry Jam, using cherries and black raspberries. Today I made a
    batch of Black Raspberry Jam. About 14 half pint jars between the two
    batches, I'm guessing.

    Burned my hand with a jam ploop (a very tiny blister, aggravating
    nonethless) but I'll live. The bread to accompany the jams is rising as
    we speak.

    Maybe.

    I did a really stupid thing and may pay for it.

    Set the dough for the second rise in the oven with a pan of water;
    turned the oven on -- and FORGOT ABOUT IT FOR 10 MINUTES. Crap! I had
    a layer of crusty dough over some hot raw dough. I picked off the
    'baked' stuff and shaped a loaf . I lost the equivalent of one loaf.
    we'll see what transpires. I may get lucky; may not.

    Light a candle.
    --
    http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 1-27-2006, The Best Dead Spread Yet

    Tags:

  2. cathyxyz

    cathyxyz Guest

    Melba's Jammin' wrote:
    > We're dining this evening with Rob's former TA and her new esposo. I
    > wanted to give them a small gift so a couple days ago I made a batch of
    > Cherry Berry Jam, using cherries and black raspberries. Today I made a
    > batch of Black Raspberry Jam. About 14 half pint jars between the two
    > batches, I'm guessing.
    >
    > Burned my hand with a jam ploop (a very tiny blister, aggravating
    > nonethless) but I'll live. The bread to accompany the jams is rising as
    > we speak.
    >
    > Maybe.
    >
    > I did a really stupid thing and may pay for it.
    >
    > Set the dough for the second rise in the oven with a pan of water;
    > turned the oven on -- and FORGOT ABOUT IT FOR 10 MINUTES. Crap! I had
    > a layer of crusty dough over some hot raw dough. I picked off the
    > 'baked' stuff and shaped a loaf . I lost the equivalent of one loaf.
    > we'll see what transpires. I may get lucky; may not.
    >
    > Light a candle.

    Your wish is my command.
    Cheers
    Cathy(xyz) - lighting a candle...

  3. On Fri 03 Feb 2006 03:27:34p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Melba's
    Jammin'?

    > We're dining this evening with Rob's former TA and her new esposo. I
    > wanted to give them a small gift so a couple days ago I made a batch of
    > Cherry Berry Jam, using cherries and black raspberries. Today I made a
    > batch of Black Raspberry Jam. About 14 half pint jars between the two
    > batches, I'm guessing.
    >
    > Burned my hand with a jam ploop (a very tiny blister, aggravating
    > nonethless) but I'll live. The bread to accompany the jams is rising as
    > we speak.
    >
    > Maybe.
    >
    > I did a really stupid thing and may pay for it.
    >
    > Set the dough for the second rise in the oven with a pan of water;
    > turned the oven on -- and FORGOT ABOUT IT FOR 10 MINUTES. Crap! I had
    > a layer of crusty dough over some hot raw dough. I picked off the
    > 'baked' stuff and shaped a loaf . I lost the equivalent of one loaf.
    > we'll see what transpires. I may get lucky; may not.
    >
    > Light a candle.

    You've already had enough heat!

    --
    Wayne Boatwright o¿o