Bread and Jam, Jam and Bread

Melba's Jammin'

Guest
We're dining this evening with Rob's former TA and her new esposo. I
wanted to give them a small gift so a couple days ago I made a batch of
Cherry Berry Jam, using cherries and black raspberries. Today I made a
batch of Black Raspberry Jam. About 14 half pint jars between the two
batches, I'm guessing.

Burned my hand with a jam ploop (a very tiny blister, aggravating
nonethless) but I'll live. The bread to accompany the jams is rising as
we speak.

Maybe.

I did a really stupid thing and may pay for it.

Set the dough for the second rise in the oven with a pan of water;
turned the oven on -- and FORGOT ABOUT IT FOR 10 MINUTES. ****! I had
a layer of crusty dough over some hot raw dough. I picked off the
'baked' stuff and shaped a loaf . I lost the equivalent of one loaf.
we'll see what transpires. I may get lucky; may not.

Light a candle.
--
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com, updated 1-27-2006, The Best Dead Spread Yet

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> We're dining this evening with Rob's former TA and her new esposo. I
> wanted to give them a small gift so a couple days ago I made a batch of
> Cherry Berry Jam, using cherries and black raspberries. Today I made a
> batch of Black Raspberry Jam. About 14 half pint jars between the two
> batches, I'm guessing.
>
> Burned my hand with a jam ploop (a very tiny blister, aggravating
> nonethless) but I'll live. The bread to accompany the jams is rising as
> we speak.
>
> Maybe.
>
> I did a really stupid thing and may pay for it.
>
> Set the dough for the second rise in the oven with a pan of water;
> turned the oven on -- and FORGOT ABOUT IT FOR 10 MINUTES. ****! I had
> a layer of crusty dough over some hot raw dough. I picked off the
> 'baked' stuff and shaped a loaf . I lost the equivalent of one loaf.
> we'll see what transpires. I may get lucky; may not.
>
> Light a candle.

Your wish is my command.
Cheers
Cathy(xyz) - lighting a candle...

On Fri 03 Feb 2006 03:27:34p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Melba's
Jammin'?

> We're dining this evening with Rob's former TA and her new esposo. I
> wanted to give them a small gift so a couple days ago I made a batch of
> Cherry Berry Jam, using cherries and black raspberries. Today I made a
> batch of Black Raspberry Jam. About 14 half pint jars between the two
> batches, I'm guessing.
>
> Burned my hand with a jam ploop (a very tiny blister, aggravating
> nonethless) but I'll live. The bread to accompany the jams is rising as
> we speak.
>
> Maybe.
>
> I did a really stupid thing and may pay for it.
>
> Set the dough for the second rise in the oven with a pan of water;
> turned the oven on -- and FORGOT ABOUT IT FOR 10 MINUTES. ****! I had
> a layer of crusty dough over some hot raw dough. I picked off the
> 'baked' stuff and shaped a loaf . I lost the equivalent of one loaf.
> we'll see what transpires. I may get lucky; may not.
>
> Light a candle.

You've already had enough heat!

--
Wayne Boatwright o¿o