breakfast on a bike

Ben Pfaff wrote:
> Yesterday I saw a fellow riding a bike with one hand dedicated to
> holding a cereal bowl. The other hand was holding the spoon.
> He'd ride along no-hands eating cereal, steering and braking with
> the spoon hand as necessary. It wasn't a paper bowl or a plastic
> spoon, either, from the looks of it.
>
> No way am I well enough coordinated to do that, nor do I think I
> ever will be.

But at least you can carry your coffee with no problem, see
"http://bicyclecoffeesystems.com"

oilfreeandhappy wrote:
> I ride for long periods of time freehanded. Mostly to loosen up the
> shoulders and arms. But this isn't in heavy traffic. And usually if a
> car is coming, I start steering, just so they don't worry about me
> getting out of control.
> Jim Gagnepain
> http://home.comcast.net/~oil_free_and_happy/

I think most of us on here do that when not in race mode. After about 10
miles it becomes nice to sit up and get blood flowing again. But eating
cereal with 2 hands would really take some concentration. Sort of off
topic, does anyone else zone out and actually speed up when sitting up?
Maybe it is just me, but?????
Bill

"Don Freeman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Mike Jacoubowsky" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>> There exists footage of a Vancouver woman eating breakfast, changing
>>> her clothes and, IIRC, applying make-up all while riding her bike,
>>> mostly hands-free.

>> How does one change clothes on a bike? Difficult enough to put on a
>> windbreaker without stopping.
>>

> .
> Hell, I'm trying to picture the pantyhose going on. Now that would
> definitely cause a few more accidents then just her own.
>
> --
> -Don
> Ever had one of those days where you just felt like:
> http://cosmoslair.com/BadDay.html ?

What's worst, getting cited for mooning, or cited for obstruction?
-tom

SMS <[email protected]> writes:

> Ben Pfaff wrote:
> > Yesterday I saw a fellow riding a bike with one hand dedicated to
> > holding a cereal bowl. The other hand was holding the spoon.
> > He'd ride along no-hands eating cereal, steering and braking with
> > the spoon hand as necessary. It wasn't a paper bowl or a plastic
> > spoon, either, from the looks of it.
> > No way am I well enough coordinated to do that, nor do I think I
> > ever will be.

> But at least you can carry your coffee with no problem, see
> "http://bicyclecoffeesystems.com"

But he still doesn't list the OXO travel cup, which works very well in
my bottle cages, and is very close to leakfree.
https://www.oxo.com/ibeCCtpSctDspRte.jsp?section=10091

73, doug