breakfast

Ganfas

Jun 27, 2006
Hi
What should I eat at breakfast, before going to train? I think it's not good to go with an empety stomach but i'm don't really know what to eat.

Toast, banana, honey raisins, coffee, (lowest heartrate)

Museli, Yoghurt, coffee,

Toast, cheese, tomato, poached egg, (swimming days),

toast, Avacado, coffee,

toast, pate, coffee,

just to name a few.. :)

If I'm going to work out directly after eating, I like a package of Quaker (sorry for the endorsement) low sugar oatmeal. It sits well and I feel like I get steady energy from it. Toast is great to, but I don't have the stomach for it right before exercise. Doesn't mean you don't though!
Good luck

Ganfas said:
Hi
What should I eat at breakfast, before going to train? I think it's not good to go with an empety stomach but i'm don't really know what to eat.
i eat breakfast after early morning training.
by eating before, your body focusses a fair amount of blood to your stomach and digestive system. this blood could be better used supplying oxygen to your limbs to make your training more productive.
think of breakfast as 'refuelling' after your training session.
i do, however, take on liquids for hydration reasons before training.

then again, you don't mention the time span between when you eat and then train, which could be another factor.

a good rule of thumb though, is no dairy. it'll curdle in your stomach, and if you're doing sustained high intensity workout then you're likely to see it again... ;)