Breakfast

Depends on what I'm eating. If it's just some fruit and maybe a simple carb, I can still go out and ride and not feel sluggish.

I've been trying intermittent fasting for almost a year now. No calories before 12. Just coffee, tea, and water. I had no problems whatsoever. As long as you eat the necessary amount of calories daily, you should be fine.

Most athletes eat a banana or two before and during exercise. You need a lot of carbs when you do 100+ miles of biking. I'd advise you to eat a couple of bananas, a glass of milk and plenty of water in between. This would not only keep you light, but also give you the much-required energy you need while romping it away.

My favorite breakfast smoothie/meal is an oatmeal banana smoothie. The way you make it is that you put 1/2 cup of oatmeal, 1/2 a banana, a teaspoon of honey and 1/2 cup of milk. You can add ice if you want it to be cooler. It is fulfilling, easy to make, and fast! Best of all it is very healthy.I have read places where people switch the milk for water.

Oatmeal in a smoothie? :wacko: How is the texture? Do you grind it till it's not gritty at all?

If my workout for that morning will be relatively easy I usually go with just black coffee!. (Yeah! Harness the power of intermittent fasting! :) ) If I'm going for an easy long run or ride, I would have a little it of fat with my coffee... usually some coconut oil and a handful of almonds. I eat most of my carbs in the evening and it works best for me.