breaking domestic news

"jim gravity" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> http://spokepost.com/diary/jones/?articleID=121&PHPSESSID=46248c076e7b7- ebb5594bec301d21f2f

I'd probably find that funnier if not for the fact that our 40+ squad has been referring to our 30+
group as either "the juniors" or "the espoires" for quite some time.

You have to admit, it is a sure-fire approach to rider development...all you have to do is keep guys
in the sport long enough, and they automatically rise into the masters ranks. Comparitively
speaking, it's much, much harder to turn a cat. V into a cat. I.

Andy Coggan

On 9/10/03 8:36 AM, in article [email protected], "jim gravity"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> http://spokepost.com/diary/jones/?articleID=121&PHPSESSID=46248c076e7b7- ebb5594bec301d21f2f

Published: 09/09/2003

Specialty Racing Team To go Master in 2005

The Specialy Racing Team (SRT), New Englands Premier Amateur cycling program for the last 8 years
has revealed its plan for the 2005 season. SRT has raced under many different names, most notably
Wheelworks/Canondale, and for the past season as Fiorda Fruita/Wheelworks. The team is planning on a
reorginization of its program which include its riders and management, and turning the teams focus
to competing as a masters team and having some u30's to develop them in to succesful masters racers.

I hope Henry pops off from a stroke when he reads this one.........(Hah hah!)

From: "[email protected]" [email protected] I hope Henry pops off from a stroke when he reads this
one.........(Hah hah!)

If he does this will be the quote that does it. He's more likely to die laughing though.

Mike Deetrick, a first year rider, had no idea what he was getting into when he signed his 10 year
contract earlier this year. Deetrick was under the impression that the team would be amateur and
eventually build a pro program around him. "I really enjoyed the team these past few months, but I
dont know If i can spend another 9 years with them" said a dissapointed Deetrick "i thought they
wanted to develop me into a pro not a master, I am not even sure If I will be able to gain the
weight neccesary to compete at the masters level"

Bill C

> From: "[email protected]" [email protected] I hope Henry pops off from a stroke when he
> reads this
one.........(Hah
> hah!)
>
> If he does this will be the quote that does it. He's more likely to
die
> laughing though.

One can always hope....