Breaking His Wrists During A Bike Jump - OUCH!

In article <a8b3348c-f72e-44d4-b651-a4fcbfd40ede@k37g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
C J Viral <[email protected]> writes:
> This dude hits the dirt hard! He uses his hands to break the fall, but
> he hits the ground with such force that he breaks both of his wrists:
> http://notsafeforkids.com/?page_id=132

Are you trying to start another h*lm*t thread or sumpthin'?

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:

On Apr 7, 3:30 am, [email protected] (Tom Keats) wrote:
> In article <a8b3348c-f72e-44d4-b651-a4fcbfd40...@k37g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
> C J Viral <[email protected]> writes:
>
> > This dude hits the dirt hard! He uses his hands to break the fall, but
> > he hits the ground with such force that he breaks both of his wrists:
> >http://notsafeforkids.com/?page_id=132

> Are you trying to start another h*lm*t thread or sumpthin'?
>
> cheers,
> Tom
>
> --
> Nothing is safe from me.
> I'm really at:
> tkeats curlicue vcn dot bc dot ca

Nah...just amused by this kind of stuff.

In article <69a3bb06-82a3-4957-9b92-46f52d83aaac@b64g2000hsa.googlegroups.com>,
C J Viral <[email protected]> writes:
> On Apr 7, 3:30 am, [email protected] (Tom Keats) wrote:
>> In article <a8b3348c-f72e-44d4-b651-a4fcbfd40...@k37g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
>> C J Viral <[email protected]> writes:
>>
>> > This dude hits the dirt hard! He uses his hands to break the fall, but
>> > he hits the ground with such force that he breaks both of his wrists:
>> >http://notsafeforkids.com/?page_id=132

>> Are you trying to start another h*lm*t thread or sumpthin'?
>>
>> cheers,
>> Tom
>>
>> --
>> Nothing is safe from me.
>> I'm really at:
>> tkeats curlicue vcn dot bc dot ca

> Nah...just amused by this kind of stuff.

Anyways, I'm impressed by how difficult it is to
wrack one's self by riding a bicycle. Sure, there
are stoopid, Eval Knieval things to do, but just
bringing one's self to attempt those stoopid things
is difficult.

Unless it involves homemade ramps made of springy
1/4" plywood and plastic 5-gallon buckets liberated
from a construction site. The officious, Thou-Shalt-Not
nannies can legislatively foist all kinds of safety
equipment upon us, but they can't stop us from occasionally
busting our wrists & clavicles in the pursuit of a li'l fun.

Wheeee! Ouch!

My last near-faceplant was while test-riding a road bike
I'd built up out of 3 discarded bikes. Being used to flat
handlebars, I accidentally got my floppy shirt sleeve
caught up in the drop bar-mounted front brake lever.
One pedal stroke, and down I went. Next thing I knew,
I was doing impromptu push-ups in the back lane.
Boy, the ground sure comes up fast at ya.

cheers,
Tom

--

"C J Viral" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> This dude hits the dirt hard! He uses his hands to break the fall, but
> he hits the ground with such force that he breaks both of his wrists:
> http://notsafeforkids.com/?page_id=132

Har har. That'll keep him from jerking off for a while.

In article <[email protected]>,
"aeiouy" <[email protected]> writes:

> "C J Viral" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> This dude hits the dirt hard! He uses his hands to break the fall, but
>> he hits the ground with such force that he breaks both of his wrists:
>> http://notsafeforkids.com/?page_id=132

> Har har. That'll keep him from jerking off for a while.

Not necessarily.

cheers,
Tom