Breaking JON PAGE news

jerry in vermont

Guest
Surprise, its me!!

I felt obliged to post since I kinda slagged on Cervelo not getting JP
his bikes, just last night.

Well, I spoke with JP and Cori today, and they got a box full of
frames. Carbon frames, that is. Black gold, Texas tea.

Anyhow. He said they are so light he thinks he will break it the first
time out. He only has enough parts to build one without cannabalizing
the mi-posters, so he is gonna do that and try to break it.

Cervelo has a pretty good breakage reputation, I hear, so maybe these
are just sick light. He did say they have a sloping TT and they are so
tiny he is not sure he can put his arm through it. May have to come up
with a reto-fit handle design, like luggage, or on an M16. That would
be cool.

Hope to post photos of these long awaited mysterious bikeys soon.

jerry in vermont wrote:
> [New JP CX frames] they have a sloping TT

Doh!

--
E. Dronkert

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> jerry in vermont wrote:
> > [New JP CX frames] they have a sloping TT

> Doh!

i was told they use the "same" main triangle as the R2.5 and a
different rear triangle.

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> jerry in vermont wrote:
> > [New JP CX frames] they have a sloping TT

> Doh!
>
> --
> E. Dronkert

he didnt sound happy about it...

"jerry in vermont" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
>> jerry in vermont wrote:
>> > [New JP CX frames] they have a sloping TT

>> Doh!
>>
>> --
>> E. Dronkert

> he didnt sound happy about it...

he doesn't get paid to be happy.
e-RICHIE©T

jerry in vermont wrote:
> He said they are so light he thinks he will break it the first
> time out.

> Cervelo has a pretty good breakage reputation, I hear, so maybe these
> are just sick light.

By "pretty good breakage reputation" I hope you mean that they DON'T
break.

Tell him not to do any wheelies for a while, just in case. ;)

-RJ

On 4 Jan 2006 16:01:16 -0800, "ronaldo_jeremiah"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>By "pretty good breakage reputation" I hope you mean that they DON'T
>break.

Or simply very good at replacing all the frames that break (sort of
like Trek when they had the cranksets rotate in the composite frames).
Or like my son at handling all the details at the accident scene when
he had his fourth accident in three years.

Damn I was happy when he went to his own policy. Then, of course, he
stopped having accidents...

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

In article <[email protected]>,
"Richard Sachs" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "jerry in vermont" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> >>
> >> Doh!
> >>
> >> --
> >> E. Dronkert

> > he didnt sound happy about it...
> >

> he doesn't get paid to be happy.
> e-RICHIE©T

HaHa...very true!

> > he didnt sound happy about it...
> >

> he doesn't get paid to be happy.
> e-RICHIE©T

written like a man who wont make a straight bladed fork....

sorry, couldn't resist that one Reechard.

jerry in vermont wrote:

> > > he didnt sound happy about it...
> > >

> > he doesn't get paid to be happy.
> > e-RICHIE©T

> written like a man who wont make a straight bladed fork....
>
> sorry, couldn't resist that one Reechard.

Reechard doesn't build ugly bikes, so no straight forks. Pretty simple
really ;-)
Bill C

Bill C wrote:

> > > he doesn't get paid to be happy.
> > > e-RICHIE©T

> > written like a man who wont make a straight bladed fork....
> >
> > sorry, couldn't resist that one Reechard.

> Reechard doesn't build ugly bikes, so no straight forks. Pretty simple
> really ;-)
> Bill C

there was an inside joke in there.

"jerry in vermont" <[email protected]> wrote:

> > he didnt sound happy about it...

> he doesn't get paid to be happy.
> e-RICHIE©T

written like a man who wont make a straight bladed fork....
sorry, couldn't resist that one Reechard.

i don't because i don't HAVE to!
e-RICHIE©T®

"Bill C" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

jerry in vermont wrote:

> > > he didnt sound happy about it...
> > >

> > he doesn't get paid to be happy.
> > e-RICHIE©T

> written like a man who wont make a straight bladed fork....
>
> sorry, couldn't resist that one Reechard.

Reechard doesn't build ugly bikes, so no straight forks. Pretty simple
really ;-)
Bill C

it's simple, but not easy.
e-RICHIE©T®

jerry in vermont wrote:
> Bill C wrote:

> > > written like a man who wont make a straight bladed fork....
> > >
> > > sorry, couldn't resist that one Reechard.

> > Reechard doesn't build ugly bikes, so no straight forks. Pretty simple
> > really ;-)
> > Bill C

> there was an inside joke in there.

I figured there was, but couldn't resist. I can resist anything but
temptation.
Bill C

Me wrote:
> On 1/4/06 2:43 PM, in article [email protected],
> "Ewoud Dronkert" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>jerry in vermont wrote:
>>
>>>[New JP CX frames] they have a sloping TT

>>Doh!

> Sloping top tube = anti NAD buster

Written like a man who actually has nads to worry about.