BREAKING NEWS: ASTANA & HIGH ROAD BANNED FROM GIRO !!!!

TheDarkLord said:
So, why exactly are they invited again? Have there been any negotiations to ensure that they would send a team to the Giro with an intention to win rather than use it as training?
High Road's plans were to send Rogers and Gerdemenn and if they had a chance to take overall victory, they would see out the Giro. If they didn't have a chance, they'd pull out in the third week. So High Road's intentions for the Giro are both. If they are in a position to win, they will want to win.

Grater said:
High Road's plans were to send Rogers and Gerdemenn and if they had a chance to take overall victory, they would see out the Giro. If they didn't have a chance, they'd pull out in the third week. So High Road's intentions for the Giro are both. If they are in a position to win, they will want to win.
grater Cav is doing the Giro.

And no San-Remo and no Tireno Adriatico for the suspected dopers and dubious DS !
Clearly they are paying the broken agreement between teams of last year.

Grater said:
Darn... I was hoping Rogers and Gerdy would be fresh at the TdF.

not surprise. RCS and ASO together. They angeee with Kazakhstan bici federation, real nature behind Astana-Breyneel doping.

Funny. RCS logic must now stop Menchov- Rabobank from Vuelta. He sad yesterday not defend his Vuelta and call Giro training for Tour..
biggrin.gif
Crazy, crazy
wink.gif

What is interesting is that no other team managers have come out in support of Astana or Bruyneel........ Riis must be laughing alll the way to the blood bank at the moment.....

whiteboytrash said:
What is interesting is that no other team managers have come out in support of Astana or Bruyneel........ Riis must be laughing alll the way to the blood bank at the moment.....
Probably JB would get some little and polite support in front of reporters but none in the anti-chambre!

whiteboytrash said:
Managers like Riis were smart enough to see which way the wind was blowing after OP. Bruyneel saw teams scrambling to get rid of their ties to doping as an opportunity. I am sure it ****** off a lot of other teams.

Bro Deal said:
Managers like Riis were smart enough to see which way the wind was blowing after OP. Bruyneel saw teams scrambling to get rid of their ties to doping as an opportunity. I am sure it ****** off a lot of other teams.
THAT is exactly the mentality that I detest so much about him. He went after Basso knowing full well that he doped. I know he gave him the "I looked into his eyes/soul" test, but if that is all it takes to sell the guy, I have some used condoms that are just as good as new that I would like to run by him.

Bro Deal said:
I think your powers of accurate analysis are right on that one, now that you mention it.

Gusev fractured his right collarbone in the resulting crash, and underwent surgery at the Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica to repair the break. The doctors inserted a plate and screws to stabilize the fracture and ensure a quick recovery.

Gusev, one of the team leaders for the classics, is expected to resume training in 10 days, and is hoping to return to competition within a month's time.

Thank god for this.... couldn't cope with a juiced up Gustev vying for the classics...... farking ****...