Breaking News !!!! Cycling world in shock as Beloki retires !!

whiteboytrash

Mar 9, 2005
I blame Armstrong !
_____

MADRID (AFP) — Spanish cyclist Joseba Beloki, a three-time podium finisher on the Tour de France, announced his retirement on Friday.
The 34-year-old had been without a team since being implicated, along with dozens of other cyclists, in the 'Operation Puerto' doping affair which has dominated the sport's headlines over the past 18 months.

Beloki finished runner-up to Lance Armstrong in 2002, having finished third in 2000 and 2001.

But he is equally known for being the rider whose attack, during a descent on stage nine in the 2003 Tour, forced Armstrong to famously ride through a grassy field after the Spaniard had spilled onto the road.

Beloki suffered multiple fractures, and it was not until 2006 that he fully returned to the peloton with the Liberty team being run by Spaniard Manolo Saiz, having spent a few brief months with the Boulangere team in France.

The Operation Puerto affair erupted in May 2006, implicating Saiz and dozens of cyclists who were said to be clients of Dr Eufemiano Fuentes.

Fuentes was suspected of running a doping and blood doping service, and although the affair is still not over some top cyclists, including Italian Ivan Basso, have been sanctioned due to their links with Fuentes.

Due to the Liberty team's suspected links with Fuentes, the entire team was removed from the Tour de France prior to the start in 2006.

Beloki began his professional career in 1998 with Euskaltel, before moving on to Festina, ONCE, Brioches La Boulangere and Liberty.

He said he had no regrets about his career.

"I'm leaving with my head held high, and proud of what I've achieved," said the Spaniard.

"It's been 18 months since I last raced. And in that time I've fought tooth and nail to try and find a team, but it just didn't materialise."

whiteboytrash said:
But he is equally known for being the rider whose attack, during a descent on stage nine in the 2003 Tour, forced Armstrong to famously ride through a grassy field after the Spaniard had spilled onto the road.

This was an awesome attack. A shame it ended so badly for him.

I heard that even the Dutch failing to win the 2006 football (soccer) world cup was Armstrong's fault. My sister said she couldn't find her adress book, Armstrong took it away from her. Actually I had a difficult childhood myself. Armstrong was the reason.

whiteboytrash said:
I blame Armstrong !
_____

MADRID (AFP) — Spanish cyclist Joseba Beloki, a three-time podium finisher on the Tour de France, announced his retirement on Friday.
The 34-year-old had been without a team since being implicated, along with dozens of other cyclists, in the 'Operation Puerto' doping affair which has dominated the sport's headlines over the past 18 months.

Beloki finished runner-up to Lance Armstrong in 2002, having finished third in 2000 and 2001.

Beloki suffered multiple fractures, and it was not until 2006 that he fully returned to the peloton with the Liberty team being run by Spaniard Manolo Saiz, having spent a few brief months with the Boulangere team in France.

The Operation Puerto affair erupted in May 2006, implicating Saiz and dozens of cyclists who were said to be clients of Dr Eufemiano Fuentes.

Fuentes was suspected of running a doping and blood doping service, and although the affair is still not over some top cyclists, including Italian Ivan Basso, have been sanctioned due to their links with Fuentes.

Due to the Liberty team's suspected links with Fuentes, the entire team was removed from the Tour de France prior to the start in 2006.

Beloki began his professional career in 1998 with Euskaltel, before moving on to Festina, ONCE, Brioches La Boulangere and Liberty.

He said he had no regrets about his career.

"I'm leaving with my head held high, and proud of what I've achieved," said the Spaniard.

"It's been 18 months since I last raced. And in that time I've fought tooth and nail to try and find a team, but it just didn't materialise."

cyclingheroes said:
I heard that even the Dutch failing to win the 2006 football (soccer) world cup was Armstrong's fault. My sister said she couldn't find her adress book, Armstrong took it away from her. Actually I had a difficult childhood myself. Armstrong was the reason.
And I thought everything was G. Bush's fault...I guess it's just people from Texas...:p

poulidor said:
and Landis!
No...Landis was Armstrong's fault. Everything is within 6 degrees of separation of being Armstrong's fault. Even the French not supporting us in Iraq, which probably cost us the extra 10,000 troops that would have made it a ticker-tape parade in Baghdad, was Armstrong's fault. Whiteboytrash still posting on CF is Armstrong's fault. Daily Pentagon Forums is Armstrong's fault. Everything is Armstrong's fault. Even Crankyfeet wouldn't be here on this forum if it hadn't been for Armstrong.

Crankyfeet said:
No...Landis was Armstrong's fault. Everything is within 6 degrees of separation of being Armstrong's fault. Even the French not supporting us in Iraq, which probably cost us the extra 10,000 troops that would have made it a ticker-tape parade in Baghdad, was Armstrong's fault. Whiteboytrash still posting on CF is Armstrong's fault. Daily Pentagon Forums is Armstrong's fault. Everything is Armstrong's fault. Even Crankyfeet wouldn't be here on this forum if it hadn't been for Armstrong.
Cranky, you gotta hack DP forums, and change the name to Daily Pentagon Forums. If you achieve that, you become a internet god.

thunder said:
Cranky, you gotta hack DP forums, and change the name to Daily Pentagon Forums. If you achieve that, you become a internet god.
I'll have to take the red pill and get out of the Matrix and train for that task. Then re-enter the Matrix and attack Daily Pentagon Forums, a site run by "Agents". I will need superhuman marshal arts abilities to defeat Chris H and Rational Head before taking on Vaughn, leading Agent of the Machines.

But unlike Neo, once I get out of the Matrix, I'm going to spend most of my time screwing around with Trinity if I can find her.

Here is a picture of Vaughn with Chris H and Rational Head on each side.

Matrix_Agents.jpg

cyclingheroes said:
I asked my bike but he said cycling is not responsible. Its all Armstrongs fault.

Back on topic.... Beloki was nothing special..... just shows what a good dope program can do to a rider..... ie Armstrong.....

A topic started about Beloki....gets Armstrong's name mentioned a few dozen times......yawn

ad9898 said:
A topic started about Beloki....gets Armstrong's name mentioned a few dozen times......yawn

Ok favorite Beloki moment (apart from when Armstrong pushed him off his bike): attack on d'huez in 2003.... came to nothing but it looked good and he attacked when Armstrong was taking a drink from his bideon... apart from that I can't think of anymore !!!!!