**** Breaking News: Hamilton Tested Positive? ***

Discussion in 'Doping in Cycling' started by mareblu, Sep 20, 2004.

1. James Felstead

James Felstead New Member

2. Brian Cotgrove

Brian Cotgrove New Member

3. GuyStevens

GuyStevens New Member

Can someone give an outline of the appeal process open to Hamilton and the sort of timescales involved?

Am I right in saying it is down to the United States Anti-Doping Agency to impose any sanction? Have they commented on the case?

4. Brian Cotgrove

G'Day Guy Stevens, It would appear that all have gone to sleep on this one, I noticed that there were no replies to your question. :rolleyes: Unfortunately I cannot proffer an answer either, but fear not, someone out there in cyberspace will eventually come up with something. Usually Beastt is very quick to get stuck in when it comes to insinuation regarding the drug takers, of which there are far too many, unfortuntely? Maybe this will stir his Beastty nest, :D if so, watch out, he bites real hard, don't say you've not ben warned? I'm writing this from behind the couch, just incase he jumps out at me, that should give me a bit of protection.

This may not be an answer, but on the trusty TV last evening the problem of drugs in sport seems to be heading towards the uncontrolable giddy heights.

A researcher (doctor) in the USA (I was half asleep waiting for something else to be shown, so I did not pay full attention to where he was from but a university) and he is developing a "Gene" based Drug? or what ever therapy you want to call it, anyway he has come up with a new substance. He has tested it on mice and found that the Mice were they able to climb a ladder "lift weights atattched to their tails" with tape, of more then twice their body weight after recieving an injection of this very substance. They appeared to be muscle bound little suckers too, well, at least much bigger than the other mice in the experiment, with bulging shoulders and legs. Watch out Arnie? :eek:

Scary stuff to say the least, it is supposed to be completely undetectable with present testing protocol. The doctor said even then it would be undetectable even with smarter tests. He said he has been inundated by sports people who have said they want some. He also said that he informed them that it could cause cancer or have other detrimental health effects as it has done with the mice in the experiment. :(

However it did not deter them, as they still said they were prepared to give it a go for the advantage of setting new goals. No matter where you go it will always be that way, because of the certain members of our human race are always trying to gain an unfair advantage over others, by whatever means at their disposal. Sad isn't it? Well, I think it is, because there are so many other honest good folk who will never taint themselves this way. we live in a sick society, In the words of "Anthony Newly", "Stop the World I Wanna Get Off". :(

Apart from that mate, have a god day, wheel's a be seein' yer round! ;) TBC

5. mareblu

mareblu New Member

HEY YOU GUYS

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!![/SIZE]

6. Perro Loco

Perro Loco New Member

7. Virenque

Virenque New Member

8. gntlmn

gntlmn New Member

But looks like a good move for the sport of cycling.

9. gntlmn

gntlmn New Member

Terrible shame is to spend so much money on riffraff. I'm glad to see they're probably getting the boot. Serves them right.

10. Virenque

Virenque New Member

Of course! Only longer penalties are solution! E.g. one year and some money are nothing, while four years are nearly half of pro career! But without good tests and controls that`s still not enough.

11. HammerZ

HammerZ New Member

If that's the case you would have had to call it a day in 1998. 4 years is retarded.

12. Brian Cotgrove

HammerZ, please explain the ambiguous satement, maybe then we could all have an idea to which you refer!

Your post sounded retarded?

Keep the wheels in motion, and don't look back unless it's to see who you dropped on the last climb? TBC

13. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

And now of course Phonak has fired it's trainer and coach. It could be the team will dissolve soon. I understand the that owner is very dismayed over the amazing amount of aggravation in cycle racing.

14. Brunswick_kate

Brunswick_kate New Member

And who the hell could blame him for bailing? One confirmed doper, 2 under suspicion and one great huge pain in the arse for his troubles and money.

15. HammerZ

HammerZ New Member

Richard Virenque was thrown out of the 1998 tour with the linkage to the Festina doping scandals. He was back riding the tour again in 1999. So the person I was quoting would have had basically no career if they don't hire anyone for 4 years per the pro tour charter.

16. Brian Cotgrove

HammerZ, Thank you for that, I was under that impression, yes Richard Virenque was well and truly castigated for his involvement in the "Festina Affair" and it is well documented. With hindsight I'm sure he and many others would not have gone down that track, and although I'm in no way condoning their actions, you have to appreciate the pressure that can be and is applied to riders who are expected to perform?

Hopefully we will see things turn around for the better, with everything being done with the natural talent and sheer guts effort that should be the norm in every sport.

I personally look foreward to the days when there is never a shadow of a doubt with anyones performance, whether it be "Le Tour" or the Olympics. Seeing a man or woman athlete giving their all and producing world breaking records is something I'm sure we all aspire to.

On the subject of Richard Virenque, was that or was that not stiring sight, seeing him climb the way he did, when he was in top form. For my money he was excellent value despite his transgression in 1998. Yes I'm a fan of his and many others, too many in fact to name here and now, including the 6 times winner of "Le Tour".

Keep the wheels in motion, and don't look back, unlesss it's to see who you dropped on that last climb? TBC

17. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

I don't know him personally but he is a friend of a friend and I know he loves cycling. It is a big interest of his and that is why he has invested so much time and money into it.
    For the sake of us that love the sport I hope all the investors interest doesn't die due to doping scandals.

18. mareblu

mareblu New Member

Hey Perro Loco, what is the latest with Tyler. Do You know? on the Cycling news magazine there was a small article about him, nothing new really.....

ciao

19. mareblu

mareblu New Member

Did you guys finally find out more about Tyler? the last thing I read he was fighting or appealing ......is he on hold? :rolleyes:

20. Saucy

Saucy New Member

The only new thing I've heard about Tyler is that he has two new puppies, named Anchor and Tanker. Cute.

http://www.tylerhamilton.com/

I don't think there's anything new on his case. Isn't his hearing scheduled for this month?