Breaking News!

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Mike O'Brien, Mar 26, 2003.

  1. Mike O'Brien

    Mike O'Brien Guest

    CNN/Reuters: News reports have filtered out early this morning that US forces have swooped on an
    Iraqi Primary School and detained 6th Grade teacher Mohammed Al-Hazar. Sources indicate that, when
    arrested, Al-Hazar was in possession of a ruler, a protractor, a set square and a calculator.

    US President George W Bush argued that this was clear and overwhelming evidence that Iraq indeed
    possessed weapons of maths instruction...

    Regards,

    Mike O'Brien

    When two elephants fight it is the grass that suffers...

    ---

  2. Funny joke, Mike. Tell it to the Iraqi's being shot by Baath thugs or herded at gunpoint in front of
    Baath thugs to serve as machine gun shields. Or to the Iraqi thugs who stocked 3,000 anti-nerve gas
    ampules and poison gas protective suits in a Basra hospital.

    I'm not laughing, though. Gator Bob Siegel EasyRacers Ti Rush "Mike O'Brien"
    > CNN/Reuters: News reports have filtered out early this morning that US forces have swooped on an
    > Iraqi Primary School and detained 6th Grade teacher Mohammed Al-Hazar. Sources indicate that, when
    > arrested, Al-Hazar was in possession of a ruler, a protractor, a set square and a calculator.
    >
    > US President George W Bush argued that this was clear and overwhelming evidence that Iraq indeed
    > possessed weapons of maths instruction...
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Mike O'Brien
    >
    > When two elephants fight it is the grass that suffers...
    >

    > ---

  3. Mike O'Brien

    Mike O'Brien Guest

    and you don't believe a little might help these days?

    Regards,

    Mike O'Brien

    top posting sun-of-a-gun

    "Robert Siegel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:6bnga.51444$S%[email protected]...
    > Funny joke, Mike. Tell it to the Iraqi's being shot by Baath thugs or herded at gunpoint in front
    > of Baath thugs to serve as machine gun
    shields.
    > Or to the Iraqi thugs who stocked 3,000 anti-nerve gas ampules and poison gas protective suits in
    > a Basra hospital.
    >
    > I'm not laughing, though. Gator Bob Siegel EasyRacers Ti Rush "Mike O'Brien"
    > > CNN/Reuters: News reports have filtered out early this morning that US forces have swooped on an
    > > Iraqi Primary School and detained 6th Grade teacher Mohammed Al-Hazar. Sources indicate that,
    > > when arrested,
    Al-Hazar
    > > was in possession of a ruler, a protractor, a set square and a
    calculator.

    > > US President George W Bush argued that this was clear and overwhelming evidence that Iraq indeed
    > > possessed weapons of maths instruction...
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > >
    > > Mike O'Brien
    > >
    > > When two elephants fight it is the grass that suffers...
    > >

    > > ---
    > > (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.463 / Virus Database: 262 - Release Date: 3/17/2003

    ---

  4. Good one Mike, a cheap laugh is better than no laugh at all Denny in Sayre, Pa "Bent but not broken"
    "Mike O'Brien" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > CNN/Reuters: News reports have filtered out early this morning that US forces have swooped on an
    > Iraqi Primary School and detained 6th Grade teacher Mohammed Al-Hazar. Sources indicate that, when
    > arrested, Al-Hazar was in possession of a ruler, a protractor, a set square and a calculator.
    >
    > US President George W Bush argued that this was clear and overwhelming evidence that Iraq indeed
    > possessed weapons of maths instruction...
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Mike O'Brien
    >
    > When two elephants fight it is the grass that suffers...
    >

    > ---

  5. Tony

    Tony Guest

    On Wed, 26 Mar 2003 17:05:09 GMT, "Mike O'Brien" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >CNN/Reuters: News reports have filtered out early this morning that US forces have swooped on an
    >Iraqi Primary School and detained 6th Grade teacher Mohammed Al-Hazar. Sources indicate that, when
    >arrested, Al-Hazar was in possession of a ruler, a protractor, a set square and a calculator.

    Funny you should mention this...

    I was just now watching a story on Sky News. Royal Marines in the southern Iraqi city of Umm Qasr
    discovered a cache of 500 grenades, several RPG (rocket-propelled grenade) launchers, and Iraqi Army
    uniforms and helmets...

    in a primary school.

    I kid you not.

  6. Baronn1

    Baronn1 Guest

    Hey Mike, your mom's dead! Oops, you don't think that's funny? Sorry. Did you hear the one about the
    Iraqi hospital that contained weapons, munitions, and 300 chemical weapons suits? It's a scream!
    Know what'd be funny, Mike? Instead of telling jokes ridiculing the President, why don't you join a
    peace protest, and lie down in front of traffic somewhere? Maybe someone will run you over. Now,
    that'd be funny...

    "Tony" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > On Wed, 26 Mar 2003 17:05:09 GMT, "Mike O'Brien" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >CNN/Reuters: News reports have filtered out early this morning that US forces have swooped on an
    > >Iraqi Primary School and detained 6th Grade teacher Mohammed Al-Hazar. Sources indicate that,
    > >when arrested, Al-Hazar was in possession of a ruler, a protractor, a set square and a
    calculator.

    > Funny you should mention this...
    >
    > I was just now watching a story on Sky News. Royal Marines in the southern Iraqi city of Umm Qasr
    > discovered a cache of 500 grenades, several RPG (rocket-propelled grenade) launchers, and Iraqi
    > Army uniforms and helmets...
    >
    > in a primary school.
    >
    > I kid you not.

  7. Gebuh

    Gebuh Guest

    seriousness of subject aside-

    not to worry Mike, I thought it was funny. gebuh

  8. Mike O'Brien

    Mike O'Brien Guest

    "baronn1" <[email protected]> wrote

    > Hey Mike, your mom's dead! Oops, you don't think that's funny? Sorry.
    Did
    > you hear the one about the Iraqi hospital that contained weapons,
    munitions,
    > and 300 chemical weapons suits? It's a scream! Know what'd be funny, Mike? Instead of telling
    > jokes ridiculing the President, why don't you join a peace protest, and lie down in front of
    > traffic somewhere? Maybe someone will run you over. Now, that'd be funny...

    You got all that from a joke? Lighten up. You know nothing of my beliefs--political or otherwise.
    BTW, my mother passed away last week and you are right--it wasn't funny.

    Regards,

    Mike O'Brien

    When two elephants fight it is the grass that suffers...

    ---

  9. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    baronn1 wrote:
    > ... Know what'd be funny, Mike? Instead of telling jokes ridiculing the President, why don't you
    > join a peace protest, and lie down in front of traffic somewhere? Maybe someone will run you
    > over....

    Like an Israeli Army bulldozer razing the houses of innocent Palestinians in the occupied
    territories in violation of international law and basic human decency?

    Tom Sherman - Curmudgeon Quad Cities USA (Illinois side)

  10. Mike O'Brien

    Mike O'Brien Guest

    "GEBUH" <[email protected]> wrote

    > seriousness of subject aside-

    > not to worry Mike, I thought it was funny. gebuh

    So did I. Evidently they didn't read my signature...

    Regards,

    Mike O'Brien

    When two elephants fight it is the grass that suffers...

    ---

  11. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    Mike O'Brien wrote:

    > "GEBUH" <[email protected]> wrote
    >
    > > seriousness of subject aside-
    >
    > > not to worry Mike, I thought it was funny. gebuh
    >
    > So did I. Evidently they didn't read my signature...

    I fail to see any humor in, "Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system
    (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.465 / Virus Database: 263 - Release Date: 3/25/2003" but that
    may just mean I am humor impaired.

  12. Mike O'Brien

    Mike O'Brien Guest

    "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote > I fail to see any humor in, "Outgoing mail is
    certified Virus Free.
    > - Release Date: 3/25/2003" but that may just mean I am humor impaired.

    Cute. I was referring to:

    When two elephants fight it is the grass that suffers...

    Regards,

    Mike O'Brien

    When two elephants fight it is the grass that suffers...

    ---

  13. Mlb

    Mlb Guest

    "baronn1" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > Hey Mike, your mom's dead! Oops, you don't think that's funny? Sorry. Did you hear the one about
    > the Iraqi hospital that contained weapons, munitions, and 300 chemical weapons suits? It's a
    > scream! Know what'd be funny, Mike? Instead of telling jokes ridiculing the President, why don't
    > you join a peace protest, and lie down in front of traffic somewhere? Maybe someone will run you
    > over. Now, that'd be funny...

    Yep, YOUR response is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOmuch more
    appropriate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  14. baronn1 wrote:
    > Hey Mike, your mom's dead! Oops, you don't think that's funny? Sorry. Did you hear the one about
    > the Iraqi hospital that contained weapons, munitions, and 300 chemical weapons suits? It's a
    > scream! Know what'd be funny, Mike? Instead of telling jokes ridiculing the President, why don't
    > you join a peace protest, and lie down in front of traffic somewhere? Maybe someone will run you
    > over. Now, that'd be funny...
    >

    > "Tony" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >
    >>On Wed, 26 Mar 2003 17:05:09 GMT, "Mike O'Brien" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>

    >>>CNN/Reuters: News reports have filtered out early this morning that US forces have swooped on an
    >>>Iraqi Primary School and detained 6th Grade teacher Mohammed Al-Hazar. Sources indicate that,
    >>>when arrested, Al-Hazar was in possession of a ruler, a protractor, a set square and a
    >
    > calculator.
    >
    >>Funny you should mention this...
    >>
    >>I was just now watching a story on Sky News. Royal Marines in the southern Iraqi city of Umm Qasr
    >>discovered a cache of 500 grenades, several RPG (rocket-propelled grenade) launchers, and Iraqi
    >>Army uniforms and helmets...
    >>
    >>in a primary school.
    >>
    >>I kid you not.

    So a person can't have a play on words without you turning it into a political issue. There was
    nothing in what he said that was pro or anti war. I think you owe Mike an apology.

  15. Edward Dolan

    Edward Dolan Guest

    > baronn1 wrote:
    > > ... Know what'd be funny, Mike? Instead of telling jokes ridiculing the President, why don't you
    > > join a peace protest, and lie down in front of traffic somewhere? Maybe someone will run you
    > > over....
    >
    > Like an Israeli Army bulldozer razing the houses of innocent Palestinians in the occupied
    > territories in violation of international law and basic human decency?
    >
    > Tom Sherman - Curmudgeon Quad Cities USA (Illinois side)

    What innocent Palestinian would that be, and what occupied territory would that be, and what
    violation of what international law would that be? As for basic human decency, you wouldn't know
    what that was if it jumped up and bit you in the elbow. Why didn't you mention that idiot American
    girl who managed to get herself run over by the bulldozer while you were at it, or did that one slip
    by you? So you are anti-Israel and a Jew hater. So what else is new?

    Ed Dolan - Minnesota

  16. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    Edward Dolan wrote:

    > Tom Sherman <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > baronn1 wrote:
    > > > ... Know what'd be funny, Mike? Instead of telling jokes ridiculing the President, why don't
    > > > you join a peace protest, and lie down in front of traffic somewhere? Maybe someone will run
    > > > you over....
    > >
    > > Like an Israeli Army bulldozer razing the houses of innocent Palestinians in the occupied
    > > territories in violation of international law and basic human decency?
    > >
    > > Tom Sherman - Curmudgeon Quad Cities USA (Illinois side)
    >
    > What innocent Palestinian would that be, and what occupied territory would that be, and what
    > violation of what international law would that be? As for basic human decency, you wouldn't know
    > what that was if it jumped up and bit you in the elbow. Why didn't you mention that idiot American
    > girl who managed to get herself run over by the bulldozer while you were at it, or did that one
    > slip by you? So you are anti-Israel and a Jew hater. So what else is new?
    >
    > Ed Dolan - Minnesota

    Apparently Mr. Dolan has no good arguments of his own, so he resorts to a personal attack.

    Tom Sherman - Curmudgeon Quad Cities USA (Illinois side)

  17. "Tom Sherman" skrev

    > Apparently Mr. Dolan has no good arguments of his own, so he resorts to a personal attack.

    And he forgot to call you anti-bulldozer or bulldozerhater. ;o)

    M.

  18. Ed Dolan asked

    > what occupied territory would that be

    It would be the territory occupied by Israel since 1973 in spite of repeated UN resolutions
    requesting that they withdraw. The words "standard" and "double" spring to mind, though not
    necessarily in that order. See also "Northern Cyprus, occupation of"

    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

  19. R.White

    R.White Guest

    "Mike O'Brien" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > BTW, my mother passed away last week and you are right--it wasn't funny.

    Hmm, and yet you still found time to post during your time of grief. Did she die the day you posted
    "Erin go braughless"?

    On Usenet, everyone's mother died last week.

  20. "baronn1" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hey Mike, your mom's dead! Oops, you don't think that's funny? Sorry.
    Did
    > you hear the one about the Iraqi hospital that contained weapons,
    munitions,
    > and 300 chemical weapons suits? It's a scream! Know what'd be funny, Mike? Instead of telling
    > jokes ridiculing the President, why don't you join a peace protest, and lie down in front of
    > traffic somewhere? Maybe someone will run you over. Now, that'd be funny...

    Good thing you obviously never had to deal with the typical humor in a military unit. Or at many
    funerals. Besides, its you that read it as ridiculing the president of the U.S. when most probably
    saw it as a play on words.

    I liked it, but it wasn't up with super calloused fragile mystic with extra halitosis. With due
    apologies as I realize that made fun of Ghandi just before his death...

    --
    Curtis L. Russell Odenton, MD (USA) Just someone on two wheels...