Breakout Year

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by TritonRider, Jul 17, 2004.

  1. TritonRider

    TritonRider Guest

    Seems to me that we are seeing a fair amount of young talent really start
    living up to their promise. The youngsters who are showing well have track
    records that show a learning/power curve coming to fruition. No flash in the
    pan,"gee he's got good drugs this year" types. If you include Boonen this could
    really be a great new crop of riders. I am fairly excited about the future
    racers, just wish we had some Americans in the wings other than YMC, TJ
    Vangarderen, and Jesse Anthony.
    Bill C

    Tags:

  2. TM

    TM Guest

    > Seems to me that we are seeing a fair amount of young talent really start
    > living up to their promise. The youngsters who are showing well have track
    > records that show a learning/power curve coming to fruition. No flash in

    the
    > pan,"gee he's got good drugs this year" types. If you include Boonen this

    could
    > really be a great new crop of riders. I am fairly excited about the future
    > racers, just wish we had some Americans in the wings other than YMC, TJ
    > Vangarderen, and Jesse Anthony.
    > Bill C

    I was wondering about that. Is this occuring because the talent was not
    there before, or, were the earlier talents co-opted into support roles?

    What made me think of it was the raw talent that appears to be on Fassa
    Bortolo. If Petacchi had raced well, would Pozzato and Tosatto have been
    able to showcase themselves this year?