breastfeeding & WW

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Lyndsay Clement, Feb 28, 2004.

  1. Hi I have just started ww, day three , Im just wondering the leader said I need to eat 32 points a
    day because Im feeding an infant at the moment and thats what they reccomend .. this is an awful lot
    !!! and I I dont want to eat that much as I know I couldnt lose weight like that . does this sound
    right to any of you ? any advice appreciate d Lyndsay

    Tags:

  2. Krys

    Krys Guest

    I know that's the standard WW advice.

    When I joined WW I was still breasfeeding my daughter regularly, and got the same advice. Which I
    ignored. She wasn't far off a year old - not a new born, and also on solids - and I was planning on
    stopping when she was a year old anyway. I did however take it one step at a time. Had not eating
    those points affected my milk supply at all, then I would have eaten them cheerfully. It probably
    depends on you and your body, and how old the infant is, how much it (sorry - you didn't specify
    it's gender) is feeding, how established feeding is and so on.

    --
    krys

    UK 157/130.2/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...kinda making progress...

    "lyndsay clement" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi I have just started ww, day three , Im just wondering the leader said I
    need
    > to eat 32 points a day because Im feeding an infant at the moment and
    thats
    > what they reccomend .. this is an awful lot !!! and I I dont want to eat that much as I know I
    > couldnt lose weight like that . does this sound
    right
    > to any of you ? any advice appreciate d Lyndsay

  3. Mette

    Mette Guest

    "krys" <[email protected]> skrev i en meddelelse
    news:[email protected]...
    > I know that's the standard WW advice.
    >
    > When I joined WW I was still breasfeeding my daughter regularly, and got
    the
    > same advice. Which I ignored. She wasn't far off a year old - not a new born, and also on solids -
    > and I was planning on stopping when she was a year old anyway. I did however take it one step at a
    > time. Had not
    eating
    > those points affected my milk supply at all, then I would have eaten them cheerfully. It probably
    > depends on you and your body, and how old the infant is, how much it (sorry - you didn't specify
    > it's gender) is
    feeding,
    > how established feeding is and so on.

    Hi:eek:) Breastfeeding exclusively burns off 500 cals a day, that is why you can eat 10 points more. I
    bf'ed when I started but ateonly 5 points more and still lost 2 lbs a week:eek:)

  4. It was more than 25 years ago when I breastfed my twins and I wasn't on a diet. So take those three
    facts into consideration when reading my experience. I ate during that time than I thought was
    humanly possible and drank a beer every night. I lost weight. Breastfeeding boosts your metabolism
    in the process of converting your food into nutrition for your infant. Just as when you were
    pregnant, your body feeds your baby first.

    Prairie Roots On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 14:34:28 +0800, "lyndsay clement" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hi I have just started ww, day three , Im just wondering the leader said I need to eat 32 points a
    >day because Im feeding an infant at the moment and thats what they reccomend .. this is an awful
    >lot !!! and I I dont want to eat that much as I know I couldnt lose weight like that . does this
    >sound right to any of you ? any advice appreciate d Lyndsay

  5. Chris

    Chris Guest

    "lyndsay clement" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Hi I have just started ww, day three , Im just wondering the leader said I need to eat 32 points a
    > day because Im feeding an infant at the moment and thats what they reccomend .. this is an awful
    > lot !!! and I I dont want to eat that much as I know I couldnt lose weight like that
    > . does this sound right to any of you ? any advice appreciate d Lyndsay

    Breastfeeding moms need more points. You not only need nutrition for you but your baby as well,
    hence the extra points. The plan is designed for weight loss even in nursing moms so go with the
    reccomendations. If you find you aren't losing, meet with your leader AND YOUR DOCTOR to modify the
    plan while you are breastfeeding.

    --
    Started Weight Watchers together February 2002: Chris
    332.4/187.8/185 Lifetime since 12/13/03

  6. When I eat under my target I gain, if you eat under you will put your body
    in starvation mode, and as odd as it sounds your leader is right, your
    points will drop soon enough, and if you are a milk drinker you can easily
    eat/drink those points, help yourself and your baby, good luck and welcome,
    Lee
    lyndsay clement <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi I have just started ww, day three , Im just wondering the leader said I
    need
    > to eat 32 points a day because Im feeding an infant at the moment and
    thats
    > what they reccomend .. this is an awful lot !!! and I I dont want to eat that much as I know I
    > couldnt lose weight like that . does this sound
    right
    > to any of you ? any advice appreciate d Lyndsay

  7. Frood

    Frood Guest

    Breastfeeding is uses as many calories as mountain climbing! Be happy you can eat! ;-)

    --
    Wendy http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/quilt1.htm de-fang email address to reply