Breastmilk for adults

Todd Gastaldo

Guest
In 2002, 15 adults received donor milk...

"HUMAN MILK MAY BE A LIFESAVING THERAPY..."

"Donor milk has been used to successfully treat a number of medical
conditions in infants. This article highlights 3 such success stories
describing the use of human milk in cases of velocardiofacial syndrome,
very-low-birth weight, and failure to thrive. In 2002, more than 300 infants
and young children ***and 15 adults*** received donor milk from 6 milk banks
in
the United States and I milk bank in Canada. Donor milk is often used to
ensure optimal outcomes in full term or preterm infants until their own
mother's milk volume is sufficient to meet their needs. However, human milk
may be a lifesaving therapy for infants and young children with unusual
medical conditions."
--Tully et al.^^^ J Hum Lact. 2004 Feb;20(1):75-7. PubMed abstract
(***emphasis added***)

^^^Tully MR, Lockhart-Borman L, Updegrove K. Lactation Services, University
of North Carolina Healthcare, Chapel Hill, USA.

"...Milk bank[ing] mandates pasteurization and freezing of the donors' milk.
Most of the nutritional and immunological advantages of human milk are
preserved ..."
Riskin and Bader^^^. Harefuah. 2003 Mar;142(3):217-22, 237, 236. PubMed
abstract

^^^Riskin A, Bader D. Department of Neonatology, Bnai Zion Medical Center,
Haifa, Israel.

Breastfeeding IS immunization. (See LITTLE KNOWN FACT below.)

Vaccination is NOT immunization.

Vaccination is ATTEMPTED immunization, i.e., some vaccinated children are
NOT IMMUNIZED by their vaccinations.

LITTLE KNOWN FACT: Breastfeeding women scan their environments for
pathogens and manufacture IMMUNIZATIONS which they "inject" with their
breasts daily.

WHY aren't MDs telling the world that breastfeeding women are IMMUNIZERS -
esp. since breastfeeding
reportedly makes MD-needle-vaccinations work better?!

Why are ostensibly "pro-immunization" MDs missing this GOLDEN opportunity to
make the immunization rate *and* the vaccination rate skyrocket!?

Ask yourselves...

What woman is going to fail to at least ATTEMPT to breastfeed after being
explicitly informed that she can immunize her baby daily and that her
breastfeedings possibly make MD-needle vaccinations work better?

The relatively few women who can't or won't breastfeed should consider
breastmilk from breastmilk banks before going to formula; and breastfeeding
women who aren't already pumping should consider pumping and donating any
amount of this precious fluid that they don't use.

If we make the immunization (breastfeeding) rate and the vaccination rate
skyrocket, there will be PLENTY of milk banked for the few women who have
difficulty breastfeeding...

AND there will be more breastmilk to help adults...

Thanks for reading, everyone.

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo
[email protected]

PS Pass the word...

Key IMMUNIZATION controversy is being SQUELCHED because parents aren't
being told that massive numbers of immunizations are being DENIED simply
because relevant cultural authorities (MDs) aren't telling the world that
women are natural IMMUNIZERS.

VACCINATION controversy is also being squelched: State laws must be
changed: MDs are endangering *vaccinated* children - by pretending that
vaccination equals immunization and by failing to report serious adverse
events following vaccination...

See Vaccination is ATTEMPTED immunization (Attn: Mitch Haas, DC at WSCC)

See also: Interviewing pediatricians (re: immunizations and vaccinations)

Todd Gastaldo writes:

> In 2002, 15 adults received donor milk...

That's not many out of over 300 million people.

Breastmilk is quite high in lactose, as I recall, and most adults are at
least slightly lactose-intolerant, so drinking significant quantities of
human milk may produce tummy upsets. It's not clear from your post
exactly what the benefit of breastmilk would be for adults over cow's
milk, and breastmilk is in very short supply and is not tightly
controlled for quality and consistency.

Todd Gastaldo writes:

> True. But how many of those 300 million people have heard that breastmilk
> contains IMMUNIZATIONS?

Breastmilk does not contain immunizations; it contains antibodies, IIRC,
which are not the same thing.

> But lactose-intolerant persons could be informed of the risks - and
> they may not *need* "significant quantities" to produce a therapeutic
> effect - whatever that therapeutic effect might be.

I doubt that there is much of a therapeutic effect. Human milk has
essentially the same ingredients as all other mammalian milks; the basic
ingredients are always the same across all species, with the only
differences being in proportions and some trace ingredients.

> I had assumed that the immunizations and other immune factors in breastmilk
> would work as well in adults as in babies.

They probably would, but adults usually have their own antibodies
already.

> Is human milk "lifesaving"?

In adults? I don't think so.

> Cow's milk is EXCELLENT for baby cows - but adult cows normally don't drink
> it.

Replace "cow" with "human being," and the statement is still true.

> Similarly with humans - so maybe adult humans shouldn't drink human milk?

Maybe. But in that case they probably shouldn't drink cow's milk,
either.

I think the main reason people drink cow's milk is that it is much more
plentiful and easy to cultivate.

> Something tells me though that humans should not be drinking **so much**
> cow's milk.
>
> I do like my cafe mochas though! : )

I've been drinking cow's milk all my life, and I haven't seen any harm
from it.