breathing difficulties

Dan T

Guest
Hi all, i've had problems with my breathing though my nose
for all my life....... i usualy can only breath through one
nostral at a time, ....generaly its the right one.....it
mainly happens when i'm laying down.....its really really
anoying. Recently things have got real bad and i'm finding
it hard to breath through my nose almost all the time.... i
was wondering if this could be my adenoids swollen?, from
what i've read around on this net this would make
sense...even though i am now 21. Does anyone know of any
medication that is freely available over the counter that
would reduce the swelling of my adenoids - if thats what it
is?, or does anyone have any suggestions as to what else
could be the problem.

Any help much appreciated Dan
Ps. yes i know i should go and see a dr about it some time.

In message <[email protected]>, Dan T
<[email protected]> writes
>Hi all, i've had problems with my breathing though my nose
>for all my life.......
<Snip>
> Recently things have got real bad and i'm finding it hard
> to breath through my nose almost all the time.... i was
> wondering if this could be my adenoids swollen?, from
> what i've read around on this net this would make
> sense...even though i am now 21.
<Snip>

>Dan
>Ps. yes i know i should go and see a dr about it some time.

I had similar problems as you have. Went on from teenage
until 35 years. Went to the doc on many, many occasions -
had all sorts prescribed but no use. At times I couldn't
breath through either nostril and it was awful. Finally one
young doctor referred me to the ENT at the local hospital.
They tested for allergies but then found I had polyps at the
top inside of my nose. Polyps are small soft tissue growths.
I had a small op to remove them - in one afternoon, out of
hospital next morning and I could breathe !! That was one of
the most fantastic feelings. Still doing well to this day
after 20 years or so of suffering. Good luck John
--
John Griffiths Baxenden U.K. http://www.johngriffiths.net

<Does anyone know of any medication that is freely available
over the counter that would reduce the swelling of my
adenoids - if thats what it is?, or does anyone have any
suggestions as to what else could be the problem.>

Can be allergy or also can some type of obstruction.
Adenoids can not be seen easily because they are way in back
of the throat so you have the right idea to see a doctor and
rule out any condition that may be potentially dangerous to
your health.

Does spraying sterilized saline solution into your nostrils
help? Commercial anti histamines can become habit forming.

Yogis say it is normal to breathe out of alternating
nostrils but have a specific formula for how much from which
nostril. http://www.abc-of-
yoga.com/pranayama/basic/viloma.asp

If it's worse when you lie down, what do you use for a
pillow? Pillows and bedclothes pick up fuzzies and give dust
mites a great place to live and breed. Maybe a new pillow
would help. Often foam pillows disintegrate after time and
the particles can be breathed in. Use non allergenic pillows
and comforters rather than blankets that might shed fuzz. LK

http://www.icdc.com/~drkelly/chiropractorphiladelphia803.htm

Know that it is not all just to live--not all just to be
good, but good for something; that ye may fulfill that
purpose for which ye have entered this experience. Edgar
Cayce Reading 2030-1

just go see an ear nose and throat surgeon and let him
rearrange things. it did a world of good for me.

news:[email protected]...