breathing difficulties

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Dan T, Apr 25, 2004.

  1. Dan T

    Dan T Guest

    Hi all, i've had problems with my breathing though my nose
    for all my life....... i usualy can only breath through one
    nostral at a time, ....generaly its the right one.....it
    mainly happens when i'm laying down.....its really really
    anoying. Recently things have got real bad and i'm finding
    it hard to breath through my nose almost all the time.... i
    was wondering if this could be my adenoids swollen?, from
    what i've read around on this net this would make
    sense...even though i am now 21. Does anyone know of any
    medication that is freely available over the counter that
    would reduce the swelling of my adenoids - if thats what it
    is?, or does anyone have any suggestions as to what else
    could be the problem.

    Any help much appreciated Dan
    Ps. yes i know i should go and see a dr about it some time.

    Tags:

  2. In message <[email protected]>, Dan T
    <[email protected]> writes
    >Hi all, i've had problems with my breathing though my nose
    >for all my life.......
    <Snip>
    > Recently things have got real bad and i'm finding it hard
    > to breath through my nose almost all the time.... i was
    > wondering if this could be my adenoids swollen?, from
    > what i've read around on this net this would make
    > sense...even though i am now 21.
    <Snip>

    >Dan
    >Ps. yes i know i should go and see a dr about it some time.

    I had similar problems as you have. Went on from teenage
    until 35 years. Went to the doc on many, many occasions -
    had all sorts prescribed but no use. At times I couldn't
    breath through either nostril and it was awful. Finally one
    young doctor referred me to the ENT at the local hospital.
    They tested for allergies but then found I had polyps at the
    top inside of my nose. Polyps are small soft tissue growths.
    I had a small op to remove them - in one afternoon, out of
    hospital next morning and I could breathe !! That was one of
    the most fantastic feelings. Still doing well to this day
    after 20 years or so of suffering. Good luck John
    --
    John Griffiths Baxenden U.K. http://www.johngriffiths.net

  3. L Kelly

    L Kelly Guest

    <Does anyone know of any medication that is freely available
    over the counter that would reduce the swelling of my
    adenoids - if thats what it is?, or does anyone have any
    suggestions as to what else could be the problem.>

    Can be allergy or also can some type of obstruction.
    Adenoids can not be seen easily because they are way in back
    of the throat so you have the right idea to see a doctor and
    rule out any condition that may be potentially dangerous to
    your health.

    Does spraying sterilized saline solution into your nostrils
    help? Commercial anti histamines can become habit forming.

    Yogis say it is normal to breathe out of alternating
    nostrils but have a specific formula for how much from which
    nostril. http://www.abc-of-
    yoga.com/pranayama/basic/viloma.asp

    If it's worse when you lie down, what do you use for a
    pillow? Pillows and bedclothes pick up fuzzies and give dust
    mites a great place to live and breed. Maybe a new pillow
    would help. Often foam pillows disintegrate after time and
    the particles can be breathed in. Use non allergenic pillows
    and comforters rather than blankets that might shed fuzz. LK

    http://www.icdc.com/~drkelly/chiropractorphiladelphia803.htm

    Know that it is not all just to live--not all just to be
    good, but good for something; that ye may fulfill that
    purpose for which ye have entered this experience. Edgar
    Cayce Reading 2030-1

  4. iiib

    iiib Guest

    just go see an ear nose and throat surgeon and let him
    rearrange things. it did a world of good for me.

    news:[email protected]...