Brian Maxwell dead at 51 (PowerBar)

Turbo

Guest
I just found out a few minutes ago that Brian Maxwell,
founder of PowerBar died yesterday at a post office. He had
a heart attack. He was 51. That sucks.

I was probably one of the first people to ever have a
PowerBar. The year was 1986. I was 15 years old. I lived in
Solana Beach, California and I used to bike by Scott
Tinley's (I hope you all know who he is) shop "Tinley"...
I'm sorry, "Tinley for Perfection" or "Tinley by
Perfection", I can't even remember the name of his shop
anymore, but anyway, the point is, Scott got some PowerBars
and so I thought, "Hey, let's try them.". So, I've been
eating them ever since. Even to this day I have a PowerBar
everyday, except usually Saturdays and Sundays. I take one
with me to work and it helps tide me over until lunchtime.

So that's 18 years of me eating PowerBars.

Anyways, I don't know what to say. My condolences go out to
his family and friends. I thought you people on this
newsgroup might like to know about this.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/cpress/20040320/ca-
_pr_on_sp/obit_brian_maxwell_1

Sincerely,

Turbo

My advise to you is quit eating Powerbars and start eating
bananas. Powerbars are processed garbage. It is ok now and
again, but you are just asking for problems if you are
eating processed **** like that every day. Start eating
bananas or something natural and preferably organic.

Enjoy, Curt

"Turbo" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> I just found out a few minutes ago that Brian Maxwell,
> founder of PowerBar died yesterday at a post office. He
> had a heart attack. He was 51. That sucks.
>
> I was probably one of the first people to ever have a
> PowerBar. The year
was
> 1986. I was 15 years old. I lived in Solana Beach,
> California and I used
> bike by Scott Tinley's (I hope you all know who he is)
> shop "Tinley"...
I'm
> sorry, "Tinley for Perfection" or "Tinley by Perfection",
> I can't even remember the name of his shop anymore, but
> anyway, the point is, Scott got some PowerBars and so I
> thought, "Hey, let's try them.". So, I've been eating them
> ever since. Even to this day I have a PowerBar everyday,
except
> usually Saturdays and Sundays. I take one with me to work
> and it helps
tide
> me over until lunchtime.
>
> So that's 18 years of me eating PowerBars.
>
> Anyways, I don't know what to say. My condolences go out
> to his family and friends. I thought you people on this
> newsgroup might like to know about this.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/cpress/20040320/ca-
_pr_on_sp/obit_brian_maxwell_1

> Sincerely,
>
> Turbo

"Turbo" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<Yba7c.14578$0h.13100@okepread04>...
> I just found out a few minutes ago that Brian Maxwell,
> founder of PowerBar died yesterday at a post office. He
> had a heart attack. He was 51. That sucks.

<<snip>>

> Anyways, I don't know what to say. My condolences go out
> to his family and friends. I thought you people on this
> newsgroup might like to know about this.

<<snip>>

Thanks for passing this along, Turbo. Sometimes, the
products and services we bump up against become faceless. It
is good to get some personal background.

I am sure Brian Maxwell will be missed.

rsquared