Brian Trdina has two guns thread superseded

Carl Sundquist

Guest
According to Google, the Trdina thread had 432 posts (Jan 27-Mar 6 plus 3 more in July) , while
Peace Themed Jerseys has 445 in about 2 days.

The last post to the Two Guns thread was by Bob Schwartz, "BThtg!!! topped out at 429. The original
troll consisted of only three words, giving it great beauty in its simplicity."

The economy of Emma's words have been eclipsed by the vehemence and fervor of the Peace
Jersey thread.

>From: "Carl Sundquist" [email protected]

>The economy of Emma's words have been eclipsed by the vehemence and fervor of the Peace
>Jersey thread.

I vote for an asterisk on the "peace jersey" thread. It was cross posted and an awful lot of the
posters aren't rbr people so the total is badly skewed. Bill C

In article <[email protected]>,
"Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote:

> According to Google, the Trdina thread had 432 posts (Jan 27-Mar 6 plus 3 more in July) , while
> Peace Themed Jerseys has 445 in about 2 days.
>
> The last post to the Two Guns thread was by Bob Schwartz, "BThtg!!! topped out at 429. The
> original troll consisted of only three words, giving it great beauty in its simplicity."
>
> The economy of Emma's words have been eclipsed by the vehemence and fervor of the Peace
> Jersey thread.

One thing about the Two Guns thread is that it wasn't cross-threaded (I'm going on memory there,
so I might be wrong on that). The cross-post on the Peace Jersey thread definitely adds a bunch
of voices to the mix.

--
tanx, Howard

"Girls won't touch me 'cuz I got a misdirection..."
Pere Ubu

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

Carl Sundquist wrote:
> According to Google ... Peace Themed Jerseys has 445 in about 2 days.

How do you get 445?

There are in Google 2 separated threads PTJ , currently at 225 + 236. Both the cross-posting and the
timing diminish this accomplishment.

The beauty of BThtg is indeed beyond this. Also check the first reply to Emma there...

TritonRider <[email protected]> wrote:
> >From: "Carl Sundquist" [email protected]

> >The economy of Emma's words have been eclipsed by the vehemence and fervor of the Peace Jersey
> >thread.

> I vote for an asterisk on the "peace jersey" thread. It was cross posted and
> an awful lot of the posters aren't rbr people so the total is badly skewed.

BTHTG was kinda cheating since it used the hot topic of guns, but the elegance of the original troll
made up for that. Peace Jersey is cheating since it plays off too many hot-button political issues,
(flamebait, as opposed to trolling) but it does get points for being subtle enough to draw everyone
in. That is, if you started by cross-posting a random political flame, a few people would flame you
and the rest would ignore you.

I think Peace Jersey should be DQed, but fortunately the original poster has made this academic by
posting to the thread again, ruining his troll index = (total #posts) / (#posts by OP).

Ben Which is more likely to get you run off the road, a peace jersey or an old "FAGOR" jersey?

Van Hoorebeeck Bart <[email protected]> wrote:
> There are in Google 2 separated threads PTJ , currently at 225 + 236. Both the cross-posting and
> the timing diminish this accomplishment.

> The beauty of BThtg is indeed beyond this. Also check the first reply to Emma there...

I'm getting a thread count of 483 in my newsreader which follows references and which includes stuff
like "WOW!!! I HIT A NERVE". As I look at google I see two threads of 321 and 351 posts.

I wonder if Google's method of counting subject lines has a bug.

It's still good work though, if not quite up to the elegance of BThtg.

Bob Schwartz [email protected]