Brian Trdina has two guns!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Bruce Johnston" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Faking it nowadays will get you killed. Today, you can bet that carloads of thugs or gangs have
> guns and plenty of them!! Fresno was like Beruit!

The rule is simple Bruce, NEVER fake it. Once you look like you have a gun you've raised the stakes.
If someone sees you and you're empty you've just run out of luck. I think that we both know what
good martial arts is against even a little guy with a gun. I was never much to try my luck against
the reaction time of someone's finger and never will be.

I learned some martial arts and learned a technique that is so unbelievable that most people don't
even believe it exists until it is pulled on them. Touching you in the right spot, with so little
force that it is little more than someone pointing a finger at you, can cause you to lose your
entire equalibrium for a couple of seconds. If the person this is done to is standing still at the
time he can probably maintain his balance but his hands droop and he can't see through the spinning.
If he is moving at the time it is harder to hit the right spot but if you hit it he'll go down head
first. Don't try it though because I think that it might cause some pretty nasty brain damage in
some people. I've only practiced it a couple of times and used it twice and never followed up.
Losing their vision and balance for a couple of seconds usually showed them that they really didn't
want to fight me after all.

"BBC3" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
>
> Not sure about London, but here in the USA the majority of gun deaths
> (56.5%) are suicides.

The CDC statistics are very questionable to say the least. Note that it only shows 103 suicides
caused by motor vehicles. It has been suggested by psychiatric sources that perhaps the majority of
single vehicle accidents are suicides or attempted suicides.

> I'll stick to pepper spray for protection while on my bike. Weight = just a few ounces, protection
> = extreme deterrent. I have also never heard of someone being put on death row or serving a life
> sentence for spraying somebody with pepper/mace spray. Pepper mace is safe for both parties -- the
> attackee and the attacker. At the end of the day both walk away unharmed and at least one of them
> has learned a valuable lesson.

Here's the point Bill. Your choice is your choice. I happen to think that pepper spray is completely
unnecessary but other's think differently. Pretending that somehow weapons are the cause of danger
to normal citizens in the USA is a nothing but a ploy of the Liberals who feel that blame for
misconduct can only be laid on devices and never on people unless it's a Republican President.

The overwhelming majority of firearm deaths in the USA are criminally related and amoung the
criminals themselves.

Another group are suicides and I don't know about you but I'd prefer that someone shoots themselves
to them doing a head-on collision with a truck on the freeway.

In the USA people can do pretty much anything they like. Don't use the actions of gangland members
against gangland members to rule the way you think about guns used by everyone else.

On 30 Jan 2003, Lance Indurain wrote:

> Kyle Legate <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>
> > I have never fired a gun, but how is that supposed to (in)validate my opinion? You have never
> > been to the middle east, yet I'm sure you have an opinion on the illegal war that is about to
> > tear it apart.
>
> ...illegal because it's just about oil, right? Or because Noam Chomsky, Susan Sontag / Sarandon,
> et al say it's illegal?
>
Illegal because it hasn't gone through congress.

... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . [email protected] Kyle Legate [email protected]

Tower of Tongues:Thursday PM:10:30-11:30 EDT:http://cfmu.mcmaster.ca moon
musick:ritual:IDM:experimental(electronica):minimalism:glitch
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ...

On 30 Jan 2003, Tom Kunich wrote:

> news:<[email protected]>...
> > On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Tom Kunich wrote:
> >
> > > "BBC3" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:8UYZ9.1021$G83.290@sccrnsc04...
> > > >
> > > > Sadly, guns are seldom discharged in self defense, except by police officers. Typically guns
> > > > kill the owner or someone the owner knows.
> > >
> > > I guess we shouldn't be surprised about this sort of misinformation from BBC3.
> > >
> > Where are your statistics to refute his claim?
>
> Perhaps you ought to just read the thread which already contains the correct statistics. I know
> that it is difficult for you to avoid your usual knee jerk reaction and simply tell me that I'm
> wrong, but when someone publishes a link and you purposely ignore it you look like what you are.
>
From the stats that heather posted, here's the breakdown:

stranger: 14% undetermined relationship: 33.8% total: 47.8%

spouse: 7.1% other family: 7.8% bf/gf: 4.3% other acquaintance: 33% total: 52.2%

Seems to prove Bill's assertion that _typically_ shootings involve people who know each other. If we
assume that 50% of undetermined relationship also know each other that raises the percentage to
69.1%, further strengthening Bill's claim. So once again you show to all that you can't interpret
the simplest data that is right in front of you.

... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . [email protected] Kyle Legate [email protected]

I think he is talking about Di mak or something like that. I never fooled around that stuff. I just
practiced Japanese and Korean arts mostly, some chinese arts too but I always thought arts like Di
Mak were suspect. But then again I can't really say.

Bruce
----------------------------
"Ewoud Dronkert" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> On 30 Jan 2003 12:17:11 -0800, Tom Kunich wrote:
> >I learned some martial arts and learned a technique that is so unbelievable that most people
> >don't even believe it exists until it is pulled on them. [...] Losing their vision and balance
> >for a couple of seconds usually showed them that they really didn't want to fight me after all.
>
> A poke in the eye, is it?

To the One-Earthers the only legal authority is the UN. They just about orgasmed when Libia was
named to head the Human Rights Commission. That showed that we have some real diversity there.

You will hear them all talk about how the USA's government is outlaw but never a bad word against
Osama Bin Laden.

"Lance Indurain" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
news:<[email protected]> ...
>
> > I have never fired a gun, but how is that supposed to (in)validate
my
> > opinion? You have never been to the middle east, yet I'm sure you
have an
> > opinion on the illegal war that is about to tear it apart.
>
> ...illegal because it's just about oil, right? Or because Noam Chomsky, Susan Sontag / Sarandon,
> et al say it's illegal?

"Kyle Legate" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> Illegal because it hasn't gone through congress.
>

I agree with you.

The War Powers Act is ********.

"Ewoud Dronkert" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> On 30 Jan 2003 12:17:11 -0800, Tom Kunich wrote:
> >I learned some martial arts and learned a technique that is so unbelievable that most people
> >don't even believe it exists until it
is
> >pulled on them. [...] Losing their vision and balance for a couple of seconds usually showed them
> >that they really didn't want to fight me after all.
>
> A poke in the eye, is it?

Let me tell you a story. We had this pretty strong guy, Bobsy, in our squadron. One of the guys in
the stockroom was a black belt in Karate and was proud as hell of it. Bobsy was down there and this
guy was telling us how powerful you became with Karate. Bobsy's fist came across the counter in a
blur contact the guy square in the chest and he was laid flat on his back. He was shook up but not
hurt because Bobsy's hand was 10 cm across. He came up saying, "You could never have done that if I
was ready." Bobsy said, "Are you ready?" The guy didn't even complete saying "Yeah!" before he was
laying in exactly the same position on the floor.

Bobsy looked at him and said, "Nothing beats the all-American punch."

And that was all we heard from that guy about Karate even though he made third degree in a
couple of weeks.

Before anyone buys a gun for concealed carry, they should read 'The Concealed Carry Handbook." The
most interesting chapter is where the author details the legal troubles experienced by individuals
who employed guns to save their own lives and/or the lives of loved ones. Every one of them spent
thousands of dollars defending themselves from DAs who think its their job to harass people who were
forced to protect themselves from predators, frivolous 'wrongful death' lawsuits from the criminals'
family, and other legal nightmares. Although each of them eventually won, the time, the money,
energy and stress spent exonerating themselves was truly remarkable.

But, as they say in Texas, better to be judged by twelve than carried by six...

"Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] (G. Focker) wrote in message
> > Tom Kunich is probably closer to right with the stats (yeah Tom, that killed me)than me, I'm
> > basing my opinion on where I work, what I've seen / done and so on, not national stats
> > collected by others, so I'll be the first to admit that my view is from only one angle, and a
> > jaded one at that.
>
> The point is that anyone that uses a gun to protect themselves these days WILL NOT call the police
> unless it is absolutely necessary. Why is that? Because many police and a majority of the DA's
> will try to prosecute them on any possible grounds.
>
> For instance, a friend of mine owned a gas station in Oakland, CA, and went in late at night to
> pick up the receipts at closing time. As he entered the station he noted that his employee was not
> in the office and the door to the station was open. He walked around back thinking to find the
> employee turning off the air or something and there he found his employee laying in a pool of
> blood. As he pulled out his .45 (Oakland doesn't allow licenses to carry on ANY grounds but he had
> an Alameda County license to carry) a large man started running at him carrying a water pipe. He
> barely got the gun up in time and shot what turned out to be a student from the local high school
> in the leg, dropping him in his tracks as .45's are wont to do. The police made out a report and
> the DA began filing all sorts of charges against him which he had to defend against despite the
> evidence of an employee that was assaulted and seriously injured by this thug. He was then sued by
> the parents of the thug who claimed that he was a football star who would never be able to run
> again. So trying to protect his own life and that of an employee with a fractured skull he ended
> up losing his gas station to the legal costs to defend himself in court.

I have Kyle in the kill file so I miss his postings but his lines come through in other postings
once in awhile.

I wonder if he cares to address the fact that with all of that marvelous health care and really
intelligent gun control, the suicide rate in Canada is over twice that of the USA.

If Kyle doesn't want a gun that is his business and he's certainly welcome to it. But he talks from
a position of ignorance about guns and suggests far reaching laws that effect other people. In the
USA we have the protection of the Constitution and this year gun control will be put to the test
probably for the final time. I don't see how the Justices will be able to overthrow an Ammendment to
the Constitution which the founders thought so basic and important that it was the second thing that
they put in.

"Brian Trdina" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:%[email protected]...
>
> "Kyle Legate" <[email protected]>
>
> > I never invoke the liberals. Why do you capitalize that word? Is
it
> > because you think them important because you think they stole all
your
> > money?
>
> Nice dodge.
>
> C'mon, Kyle. Go ahead and admit that you've never actually been
around much
> less fired a gun. Its not that hard, dude.
>
> The truth will set you free.

"Tom Kunich" wrote:
> I have Kyle in the kill file so I miss his postings but his lines come through in other postings
> once in awhile.

This is one of the funniest posts I have seen here in RBR in a long time. It just never occurred to
me that Kunich would put someone in a kill file.

As for the suicide rate in Canada (assuming it is indeed higher), they certainly get less sun up
there and that could be a contributing factor, but I think the biggest factor is the lower average
number of good cycling days up there in the cold dark North. That freakin kill file comment is still
killin me.

--
Bill

"Kyle Legate" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> Keep waiting. Others have jumped in with reasoned arguements, and I don't feel the need to add to
> them. You do seem to harbour anomosity against people who believe differently from you on this
> issue. Why don't you go out and shoot something, it might make you feel better.

Kyle, you truly are a remarkable. First you claim some expertise regarding the effeciveness of guns
for self defense, then you later admit that you've never actually fired a gun. When I point it out
(in a non threatening fashion, I might add), your response is 'why don't you go out and shoot
something' - 1 sentence after accusing ME of harboring animosity...!

"Brian Trdina" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
> "Kyle Legate" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > Illegal because it hasn't gone through congress.
> I agree with you. The War Powers Act is ********.

And probably to Kyle's amazement I too concur. The President should NEVER have the power to wage war
without the consultation and consent of the Congress. The f**king lilly livered politicans on both
sides of the aisle pushed this whole thing through the shoe box so that they wouldn't be blamed for
it. It is absolutely disgraceful!

In article <[email protected]>, "BBC3"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> "Tom Kunich" wrote:
> > I have Kyle in the kill file so I miss his postings but his lines come through in other postings
> > once in awhile.
>
> This is one of the funniest posts I have seen here in RBR in a long time. It just never occurred
> to me that Kunich would put someone in a kill file.
>
> As for the suicide rate in Canada (assuming it is indeed higher), they certainly get less sun up
> there and that could be a contributing factor, but I think the biggest factor is the lower average
> number of good cycling days up there in the cold dark North. That freakin kill file comment is
> still killin me.
>
> --
> Bill

The kill file statement is made even funnier by the fact that he includes someone he quite
obviously loves to try to argue with... Everybody funny, now he funny too.

--
tanx, Howard

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, k?

For some people, quantity IS quality...

(Tom Kunich) wrote
> The point is that anyone that uses a gun to protect themselves these days WILL NOT call the police
> unless it is absolutely necessary.

And where did I suggest they should

> Why is that? Because many police and a majority of the DA's will try to prosecute them on any
> possible grounds.

A) Police don't prosecute defendants, only the attorney's do that.

B) Even I go before a jury when I shoot someone, even if I'm protecting you when I shoot someone,
that's the system. It's not perfect, but that's hardly the cops fault.

> For instance, a friend of mine owned a gas station in Oakland, CA,.... yadda yadda yadda.....

Sounds like your friend did what anyone would do and almost good job of it too, the outcome sucks,
that's the cops fault how???

> He was then sued by the parents of the thug who claimed that he was a football star who would
> never be able to run again. he ended up losing his gas station to the legal costs to defend
> himself in court.

Welcome to my world genius...... you don't think I go threw the same thing, only I do it for
ungreatful people like you who call me part of the problem. But all I can do about it is vote, the
same as you .

> Gee, I'd sure be right there to call the cops if I just chased away some thug by brandishing a
> gun. And I'd bet that you would do exactly the same thing.

Again tommy, where did you get that from what I told Heather?

> So, no, your stats are only from those cases where there was a bad outcome and don't contain any
> of the cases where a homeowner brandished a gun and frightened away a burglar or whatever. And
> yes, that makes your police stats quite inaccurate and there are plenty of studies to show that.
> And a couple of books as well.

How on earth do you know the background of me or on what I base the things I told Heather about? If
you actually read my post, I said I based my opinions on my experiences which I freely admitted
where biased. You know nothing about my background tommy, or my experience.

> Oh, BTW, before he lost the station his new employee was assaulted with intent to murder again.
> The employee was big enough and fast enough to save his own life and capture the thug - who turned
> out to be a member and the lead to the solution of the Zebra Murders.

I feel for your friend, sounds like he got a raw deal and that sucks, But again that's a legislative
problem that even the cop has to deal with. But yeah, if you carry a gun and shoot somebody, yeah I
feel you got to call it in, I would and I'll take my chances in court because it's the system right
now. If I'm a homeowner and I point my gun at a would be burglar and he boogies, well, NO, I
probably wouldn't call nor would I expect anyone else to.

> As I said before, although I own guns I never carry them because I'm big enough to take care of
> myself. But many people aren't.

POTFM!!!!!! No one is as good as you tommy boy!

> I expect that if Dan Connelly wanted to carry a pistol on him if he regularly carried large sums
> of money that it wouldn't be any of my business.
I expect the same thing.............

>The implication of the Liberals that anyone that carries a gun is up to no good is nothing but
>propaganda.

I agree pumpkin

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, Tom Kunich wrote:

> I wonder if he cares to address the fact that with all of that marvelous health care and really
> intelligent gun control, the suicide rate in Canada is over twice that of the USA.
>
References please. Mine say differently: http://www.statcan.ca/english/Pgdb/health01.htm Canadian
suicide rate in 1997: 12.3 per 100 000 population

http://www.nami.org/update/suicide.html American suicide rate in 1995: 11.1 per 100 000 population

http://www.tcrs211.org/suicide/statsusa.htm American suicide rate (date not given): 12 per 100 000
population.

I didn't even need a calculator to prove you wrong this time. Just 2 minutes on google.

> If Kyle doesn't want a gun that is his business and he's certainly welcome to it. But he talks
> from a position of ignorance about guns and suggests far reaching laws that effect other people.
>
I have not once suggested laws with respect to gun ownership. I hope that one day you'll grow up and
stop lying to yourself and others.

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, BBC3 wrote:

> "Tom Kunich" wrote:
> > I have Kyle in the kill file so I miss his postings but his lines come through in other postings
> > once in awhile.
>
> This is one of the funniest posts I have seen here in RBR in a long time. It just never occurred
> to me that Kunich would put someone in a kill file.
>
> As for the suicide rate in Canada (assuming it is indeed higher), they certainly get less sun up
> there and that could be a contributing factor, but I think the biggest factor is the lower average
> number of good cycling days up there in the cold dark North. That freakin kill file comment is
> still killin me.
>
Seasonal Affective Disorder is certainly a concern for some. As is the isolation of the north. I
would wager that a significant number of suicides also arise from our native population, which is
undergoing a serious crisis at the moment across the country. And yes the killfile comment is
hilarious, especially since Kunich replies to many of my posts directly, thus demonstrating that I
am not in his killfile.

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, Tom Kunich wrote:

> "Brian Trdina" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Kyle Legate" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > Illegal because it hasn't gone through congress.
> > I agree with you. The War Powers Act is ********.
>
> And probably to Kyle's amazement I too concur.
>
Wow, did the sun just go black?

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, Brian Trdina wrote:

> "Kyle Legate" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> > Keep waiting. Others have jumped in with reasoned arguements, and I don't feel the need to add
> > to them. You do seem to harbour anomosity against people who believe differently from you on
> > this issue. Why don't you go out and shoot something, it might make you feel better.
>
> Kyle, you truly are a remarkable. First you claim some expertise regarding the effeciveness of
> guns for self defense, then you later admit that you've never actually fired a gun.
>
I did not claim expertise, I merely questioned their efficacy. You then assigned me my expertise. If
you want to see what expertise looks like, re-read Focker's post.

> When I point it out (in a non threatening fashion, I might add), your response is 'why don't you
> go out and shoot something' - 1 sentence after accusing ME of harboring animosity...!
>
You should make your chain less available for pulling, then.

Kyle Legate <[email protected]> wrote in message
> On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, BBC3 wrote:
>
> > "Tom Kunich" wrote:
> > > I have Kyle in the kill file so I miss his postings but his lines come through in other
> > > postings once in awhile.
> >
> > This is one of the funniest posts I have seen here in RBR in a long time. It just never occurred
> > to me that Kunich would put someone in a kill file.
> >
> > As for the suicide rate in Canada (assuming it is indeed higher), they certainly get less sun up
> > there and that could be a contributing factor, but I think the biggest factor is the lower
> > average number of good cycling days up there in the cold dark North. That freakin kill file
> > comment is still killin me.
> >
> Seasonal Affective Disorder is certainly a concern for some. As is the isolation of the north. I
> would wager that a significant number of suicides also arise from our native population, which is
> undergoing a serious crisis at the moment across the country. And yes the killfile comment is
> hilarious, especially since Kunich replies to many of my posts directly, thus demonstrating that I
> am not in his killfile.

You could have simply looked at the headers and noted that when I reply to you directly I am not at
my home site and rely on DejaNews which doesn't have that convenient "killfile" feature.

Let's face it Kyle, less than 1% of your postings are anything other than a troll. Your knee-jerk
reactionaryism is tiresome and you add nothing to the conversation in most cases since your entire
point of posting is to make sarcastic uninformative replies to other's postings.

Let's review this thread - Kyle hasn't any experience with guns but he knows that gun control laws
should be stricter and more strictly enforced. He complains that suicide rates using handguns are
high in the USA. Not a thing about how Canada's gun control laws are much more strict than the USA
and the suicide rate in Canada is double the USA and the rates of suicide with handguns is half that
of the USA. Any nitwit knowing the facts would think that when someone wishes to commit suicide they
will find a way. In the USA a gun is more readily available than in Canada so instead of offing
themselves with a knife or jumping off of a bridge they simply shoot themselves. If I had to live in
a country with people like Kyle Legate in it I'd probably seriously consider suicide as well.

Kyle you complain about other people because you don't have any real thoughts yourself and are
trying to use sarcasm as a substitute for thought. It doesn't fool me in the least. Stick to stuff
you know like the time of day. Though even that may be a reach for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.