Brian Trdina has two guns!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyle Legate <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, Tom Kunich wrote:
>
> > I wonder if he cares to address the fact that with all of that marvelous health care and really
> > intelligent gun control, the suicide rate in Canada is over twice that of the USA.
>
> I didn't even need a calculator to prove you wrong this time. Just 2 minutes on google.

At suicide information canada:

Our average rate of suicide in Canada (1993-1997) is 13 per 100,000. A little known fact is that
Canada's suicide rate has been consistently higher than the United States. The average suicide rate
for the US during the same period is 12 per 100,000.

Indeed I made a mistake in the numbers since at other sites there is difficulty reading the
statistics because they aren't summerized but are in columns of race, age and sex.

That, however, doesn't blunt my position that suicide rates in Canada aren't effected by gun laws.

"BBC3" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> "Tom Kunich" wrote:
> > I have Kyle in the kill file so I miss his postings but his lines come through in other postings
> > once in awhile.
>
> As for the suicide rate in Canada (assuming it is indeed higher), they certainly get less sun up
> there and that could be a contributing factor, but I think the biggest factor is the lower average
> number of good cycling days up there in the cold dark North.

There is that Liberal leaning again. It isn't that people want to commit suicide or what their
reasons good or bad may be - it's that there isn't enough sun. It's someone else's fault!

Kyle Legate <[email protected]> wrote in message

I could
> never understand Americans' fascination with guns, and neither can most Canadian's I think. I know
> of no public shooting ranges in my area, nor any place where someone could safely engage in 'cheap
> plinking'.

Well Kyle, about 90% of the land mass in your country is regarded by your friendly neighboors and
protectors (that would the United States) as some of the most prime hunting territory in the world.
From the great whitetail buck hunting in Saskatchewan, to the Carbibou migrations of northern
Quebec, to the great whitetail populations on Anticosti Island, Canada has some of the greatest
trophy hunting and fishing opportunities in the world. It is a huge part of your heritage, culture
and present-day economy. Look it up, I am not making it up. In fact, I'm booking a trip next year
myself. So yes, there are quite a few Canadians who "plink."

Your comments are typical of an urban dweller trying to impart more "advanced culture" on a rural,
agrarian society that frankly does not want it. I deal with your type all the time, mainly folks who
live in NYC and do not think civilization exists west of the hudson.

Driving a Subaru Outback emblazoned with Earth First! stickers, dousing yourself with Patchouli oil,
dating a hirsute chick who wears clogs and has an ambidextrous haircut, and reading the rantings of
Julia "Butterfly" Hill does not qualify you or your type to export your sanctimony.

"Brian Trdina" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<DTGZ9.1648

> I'm pretty confident that one of the low points in your life was the time that I made you watch a
> whole episode of 'American Shooter.'
>
> That was a classic episode, too. Remeber Bob Lunden popping the balloon with the snub-nosed .38 at
> 200 yards? That's great stuff!

Yes! I love that episode. What about when he does the quick-draw ****? Back to back American Shooter
episodes make ball-numbing trainer sessions tolerable: "Shoot straight, and keep it in the 10 ring!"
So does the Playboy channel. Thanks.

On 31 Jan 2003, Tom Kunich wrote:

> You could have simply looked at the headers and noted that when I reply to you directly I am not
> at my home site and rely on DejaNews which doesn't have that convenient "killfile" feature.
>
If you have me in your killfile at home, why do you bother replying to me at all? It would save you
from looking like an ass again and again.

> Let's face it Kyle, less than 1% of your postings are anything other than a troll. Your knee-jerk
> reactionaryism is tiresome and you add nothing to the conversation in most cases since your entire
> point of posting is to make sarcastic uninformative replies to other's postings.
>
Twice in the last two days I have either provided statistics you were too lazy to find yourself, or
interpreted statistics that you were clearly unable to understand on your own. There was no sarcasm,
there was no "reactionaryism" (which isn't a word by the way).

> Let's review this thread - Kyle hasn't any experience with guns but he knows that gun control laws
> should be stricter and more strictly enforced. He complains that suicide rates using handguns are
> high in the USA. Not a thing about how Canada's gun control laws are much more strict than the USA
> and the suicide rate in Canada is double the USA and the rates of suicide with handguns is half
> that of the USA.
>
If are going to review my contributions to this thread, it would help if you actually review my
contributions to this thread. I said none of the things that you have attributed to me.
Typical. Also typical is the fact that you have clearly ignored the suicide statistics I posted
just this morning.

> If I had to live in a country with people like Kyle Legate in it I'd probably seriously consider
> suicide as well.
>
Please do us a favour and let this statement sink into your head: The world is full of people like
me. You cannot escape it.

> Kyle you complain about other people because you don't have any real thoughts yourself and are
> trying to use sarcasm as a substitute for thought.
>
I have more thoughts before rising out of bed in the morning than you do in an entire year, Tom. And
that was written without the slightest hint of sarcasm.

... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . [email protected] Kyle Legate [email protected]

Tower of Tongues:Thursday PM:10:30-11:30 EDT:http://cfmu.mcmaster.ca moon
musick:ritual:IDM:experimental(electronica):minimalism:glitch
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ...

"Kyle Legate" <[email protected]>

>I did not claim expertise, I merely questioned their efficacy. <

Dickweed,

You proclaimed the following:

"If you are thinking of protecting yourself with a gun from another person with a gun, you will be
shot dead reaching for it."

There was no 'mere questioning' in your assertion, just feigned knowledge.

Nice try at a re-write, though...

"Lance Indurain" <[email protected]>

> Yes! I love that episode. What about when he does the quick-draw ****? Back to back American
> Shooter episodes make ball-numbing trainer sessions tolerable: "Shoot straight, and keep it in the
> 10 ring!" So does the Playboy channel. Thanks.

Bob Lundon rocks, man. I always get psyched to see the shot of the week. Its always such a let down
when, in stead of Bob, they have that dude who does trick shots with his bow. I mean, its kinda cool
when he has his wife throw up the aspirin and he shoots it out of the air, but that stupid
faux-safari outfit that the guy wears is so goddamn queer.

If that dude and Bob got into a fight, Bob would kick that dude's ass in about 2 seconds. Beer
belly and all.

Let me see if I can pound this into the rock - NO IT AIN'T THE COPS FAULT. But it is still true
nonetheless and that means that the Cop statistics about guns and self defence are completely
skewed. People use to statistics as if they could prove something with them. Whenever you quote them
you should note that they are in fact seriously skewed to the loser side.

"G. Focker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> (Tom Kunich) wrote
> > The point is that anyone that uses a gun to protect themselves
these
> > days WILL NOT call the police unless it is absolutely necessary.
>
> And where did I suggest they should
>
> > Why is that? Because many police and a majority of the DA's will
try to
> > prosecute them on any possible grounds.
>
> A) Police don't prosecute defendants, only the attorney's do that.
>
> B) Even I go before a jury when I shoot someone, even if I'm protecting you when I shoot someone,
> that's the system. It's not perfect, but that's hardly the cops fault.
>
> > For instance, a friend of mine owned a gas station in Oakland,
CA,.... yadda yadda yadda.....
>
> Sounds like your friend did what anyone would do and almost good job of it too, the outcome sucks,
> that's the cops fault how???
>
> > He was then sued by the parents of the thug who claimed that he
was a football
> > star who would never be able to run again. he ended up losing his gas station to the legal costs
> > to defend himself in
court.
>
> Welcome to my world genius...... you don't think I go threw the same thing, only I do it for
> ungreatful people like you who call me part
of
> the problem. But all I can do about it is vote, the same as you .
>
> > Gee, I'd sure be right there to call the cops if I just chased
away
> > some thug by brandishing a gun. And I'd bet that you would do
exactly
> > the same thing.
>
> Again tommy, where did you get that from what I told Heather?
>
> > So, no, your stats are only from those cases where there was a bad outcome and don't contain any
> > of the cases where a homeowner brandished a gun and frightened away a burglar or whatever. And
yes,
> > that makes your police stats quite inaccurate and there are plenty
of
> > studies to show that. And a couple of books as well.
>
> How on earth do you know the background of me or on what I base the things I told Heather about?
> If you actually read my post, I said I based my opinions on my experiences which I freely admitted
> where biased. You know nothing about my background tommy, or my
experience.
>
> > Oh, BTW, before he lost the station his new employee was assaulted with intent to murder again.
> > The employee was big enough and fast enough to save his own life and capture the thug - who
> > turned out
to
> > be a member and the lead to the solution of the Zebra Murders.
>
> I feel for your friend, sounds like he got a raw deal and that
sucks,
> But again that's a legislative problem that even the cop has to deal with. But yeah, if you carry
> a gun and shoot somebody, yeah I feel
you
> got to call it in, I would and I'll take my chances in court because it's the system right now. If
> I'm a homeowner and I point my gun at
a
> would be burglar and he boogies, well, NO, I probably wouldn't call nor would I expect anyone
> else to.
>
> > As I said before, although I own guns I never carry them because
I'm
> > big enough to take care of myself. But many people aren't.
>
> POTFM!!!!!! No one is as good as you tommy boy!
>
> > I expect that if Dan Connelly wanted to carry a pistol on him if
he
> > regularly carried large sums of money that it wouldn't be any of
my
> > business.
> I expect the same thing.............
>
> >The implication of the Liberals that anyone that carries a gun is up to no good is nothing but
> >propaganda.
>
> I agree pumpkin

"Tom Kunich" wrote
> But it is still true nonetheless and that means that the Cop statistics about guns and self
> defence are completely skewed. People use to statistics as if they could prove something with
> them. Whenever you quote them you should note that they are in fact seriously skewed to the
> loser side.

I should really know better but........ Let me see if I can pound this into YOUR rock, read the
above and remember, you used the stats dipshit, I used personal experience which I freely admitted
was based on only what I had seen in my work so it was only one sided but it was honest, you fired
back with not one but two sources of stats.. Now your stats aren't skewed? Of course not, because
tommy knows everything about everything and has met someone whos involved in everything. tommy, you
truely are a real american hero, I really hope I meet you one day, really I do. Maybe at a
race...... Oh that's right you don't actually race, you just spend your day posting to
rec.bicycles.RACING because you know so much about that too .......

FOCKER

"Jack M" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "Lance Indurain" <[email protected]>

>
> Bob Lundon rocks, man. I always get psyched to see the shot of the week. Its always such a let
> down when, in stead of Bob, they have that dude who does trick shots with his bow. I mean, its
> kinda cool when he has his wife throw up the aspirin and he shoots it out of the air, but that
> stupid faux-safari outfit that the guy wears is so goddamn queer.
>
> If that dude and Bob got into a fight, Bob would kick that dude's ass in about 2 seconds. Beer
> belly and all.

Yea, the bow is cool, but Bob is a badas...what a life. Some old plug redneck gets paid to shoot on
TV. HE must practice a ton, though.

That guy who shoots the Benelli is pretty good too, that shotgun with the inertia system is really
nice, I might get one for next season. The Italians are great at designing cars, shotguns, bikes,
and alternative forms of governments on a whim.

On Sat, 1 Feb 2003, Jack M wrote:

> "Kyle Legate" <[email protected]>
>
> >I did not claim expertise, I merely questioned their efficacy. <
>
> Dickweed,
>
Wow, I haven't heard that since fourth grade.

> "If you are thinking of protecting yourself with a gun from another person with a gun, you will be
> shot dead reaching for it."
>
> There was no 'mere questioning' in your assertion, just feigned knowledge.
>
This position was also asserted by at least one other person in this thread, who does have life
experience with guns. Maybe you should focus your attention on smaller threads.

... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . [email protected] Kyle Legate [email protected]

Tower of Tongues:Thursday PM:10:30-11:30 EDT:http://cfmu.mcmaster.ca moon
musick:ritual:IDM:experimental(electronica):minimalism:glitch
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ...

"Lance Indurain" <[email protected]>

> Yea, the bow is cool, but Bob is a badas...what a life. Some old plug redneck gets paid to shoot
> on TV. HE must practice a ton, though.
>
> That guy who shoots the Benelli is pretty good too, that shotgun with the inertia system is really
> nice, I might get one for next season.

Dude, I remember looking at the prices of inertia-system benelli's about 4-5 months ago. As I
recall, you're not going to be able to touch one for under 12 bills.

The again, if you buy one, you'll probably have it forever and be able to give it to your grandkids
- not like a bike that gets used for a few seasons and replaced.

"Tom Kunich" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> To the One-Earthers the only legal authority is the UN. They just about orgasmed when Libia was
> named to head the Human Rights Commission. That showed that we have some real diversity there.
>
> You will hear them all talk about how the USA's government is outlaw but never a bad word against
> Osama Bin Laden.
>
Yup. Funny how you never hear about Amnesty International pleading the case of imprisoned and
tortured dissidents in Iraq, or NOW! lamenting the brutal oppresion of women under islamic
fundamentalist regimes. We bombed a nation back to the 1940s from 15,000 feet to aid a
heroin-smuggling, marxist-sympathizing psuedo-paramilitary organization (The KLA) with ties to
terrorism but you never hear a peep about the illegalities of that little incursion...do you? The UN
is and always will be a sham. When was the last time they had an intervention that was remotely a
success? Belgian paratroopers in the Congo?

"Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message

>
> BTW, using that pseudonym, Lott reviewed his own book for Amazon.com and gave it (surprise) five
> stars. The review includes this testimonial: "...Lott writes very well. I have loaned out my copy
> a dozen times." Alas, only 22 out of 31 people found the review helpful. That must have hurt.
>
> Here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/cm/member-reviews/-/A2YEJJ5M2WQK4J/1/re
> f=cm_cr_auth/t/002-1732204-4828000

...but someone like Michael A. Bellesiles has much more credibility, right? OR no, I forgot...soon
to be "Documentary of the Year" winner Michael Moore.

Status
Not open for further replies.