Brick lane market in London

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Sam, May 20, 2003.

  1. Sam

    Sam Guest

    is a good place to pick up used bicycles. Does anyone know if there is anything like it in NYC?

    Cheers, Sam.

    Tags:

  2. Matt O'Toole

    Matt O'Toole Guest

    "Sam" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > is a good place to pick up used bicycles. Does anyone know
    if there is
    > anything like it in NYC?

    Just put in an order with one of the local "freelance dealers"...

    :)

    Matt O.

  3. Walter Mitty

    Walter Mitty Guest

    "Matt O'Toole" <[email protected]> mistakenly thought that the internet community might be
    interested in his ill considered point of view when in
    news:[email protected] he conjectured that:

    > "Sam" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >
    >> is a good place to pick up used bicycles. Does anyone know
    > if there is
    >> anything like it in NYC?
    >
    > Just put in an order with one of the local "freelance dealers"...
    >
    >:)

    Don't joke. I can't believe how many businesses make a little supplementary income by selling on
    "hot bikes" here in Hamburg.

    It's Disgraceful. You can buy a bike for the price of a hit.

    --
    Walter Mitty.

  4. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Tue, 20 May 2003 17:22:07 +0200, Walter Mitty <[email protected]> wrote:

    >It's Disgraceful. You can buy a bike for the price of a hit.

    Damn, your hitmen must be cheap!

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.

  5. Bernie

    Bernie Guest

    "Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote:

    > On Tue, 20 May 2003 17:22:07 +0200, Walter Mitty <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >It's Disgraceful. You can buy a bike for the price of a hit.
    >
    > Damn, your hitmen must be cheap!
    >
    > Guy
    > ===
    > ** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://www.chapmancentral.com (BT ADSL and
    > dynamic DNS permitting)
    > NOTE: BT Openworld have now blocked port 25 (without notice), so old mail addresses may no longer
    > work. Apologies.

    Um... is that a hit of smack, or a "we had to have him whacked" kind of hit? Just doing the
    arithmetic... Bernie

  6. "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > On Tue, 20 May 2003 17:22:07 +0200, Walter Mitty <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >It's Disgraceful. You can buy a bike for the price of a hit.
    >
    > Damn, your hitmen must be cheap!

    due to competition from DIY sorts...

    -Luigi

  7. Sam

    Sam Guest

    > "Sam" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >
    > > is a good place to pick up used bicycles. Does anyone know
    > if there is
    > > anything like it in NYC?
    >
    > Just put in an order with one of the local "freelance dealers"...
    >
    > :)
    >
    > Matt O.

    OK. How do I get in touch with them? Where can I find them?

  8. On 9 Jun 2003 16:35:19 -0700 in rec.bicycles.misc, [email protected] (Sam) wrote:

    > > Just put in an order with one of the local "freelance dealers"...
    > >
    > > :)
    > >
    > > Matt O.
    >
    > OK. How do I get in touch with them? Where can I find them?

    he means bicycle thieves. you wouldn't want to get in touch with most of those slimeballs.

  9. On Tue, 20 May 2003 17:22:07 +0200, Walter Mitty <[email protected]> wrote:

    >It's Disgraceful. You can buy a bike for the price of a hit.

    This Is Not A Coincidence.

    How much does a hit cost nowadays, anyway?

    Jasper