Bridgeston trade for Specialized Elite

instinct2

Apr 7, 2005
I'm finally going to trade in my old bridgestone RB1, I'm looking at spending a thousand dollars. I recently rode the Specialized Elite 2005 and absolutely fell in love with it, I have never riddent a bike that fits my frame so well. My question is should I hold off and try to save 6 to 7 hundred more for Comp? or just get the Elite this weekend so I can start ridding.

Does anyone have these two bikes? What do you think? I was told that the frame on these bikes were last years frame for another bike that cost over 2,000 dollars

NOO! :eek: Don't do it. :eek: :eek: :mad: The RB1 with Ritchey Logic Prestige is a cult classic... don't trade it in for a mass produced soul-free roadbike. Not to knock the Specialized, it's a great bike, but just in a different class. At least make sure you get what the RB1 is worth. MB1/0's are going for their selling prices or more (if original) in the early 90's. That's my 2 cents.

(A bit of trivia to boot: Grant Peterson, the USA head of Bridgstone bikes, and a brilliant man w/r/t cycling, went on to form Rivendell when Bridgestone Japan said bye-bye to Bridgestone USA.)

For more Bridgestone fun... http://www.sheldonbrown.com/bridgestone/

**** that man, i have a specialized elite and it is incredible. I ride it as my trainer and its the greatest bike for the money HANDS DOWN. I have the 04 elite and was going into this buying an 05 witch loosk better but i perferred the 04 bc its the exact same stuff, just different paint, for 100 bucks less
go with the allez elite

Where the hell can I sell my MB1 for near retail price? Full Suntour XC Pro, Accu-Trax Fork (straight bladed, not sure if its original, but paint matched original pain)......?

instinct2 said:
I'm finally going to trade in my old bridgestone RB1, I'm looking at spending a thousand dollars. I recently rode the Specialized Elite 2005 and absolutely fell in love with it, I have never riddent a bike that fits my frame so well. My question is should I hold off and try to save 6 to 7 hundred more for Comp? or just get the Elite this weekend so I can start ridding.

Does anyone have these two bikes? What do you think? I was told that the frame on these bikes were last years frame for another bike that cost over 2,000 dollars
The 2005 Specialized Allez Elite frame is the same one that was on the 2004 Allez Comp and Pro and the 2003 Allez Comp and Pro. It may also be the same frame that was on the 2003 S-works, but I'm not certain.

I don't have an Allez Elite or Comp but do have an '03 Allez Sport and another Specialized road bike. I've been pretty happy with their products.

If I were spending my money I'd get the '05 Elite over the '05 Comp as I don't think there is $600 - $700 worth of difference between the two models. Others will disagree. 105 components offer a very good bang for the buck. If my price range were around $2000 I'd spring for the Giant OCR 2 composite over anything else currently on the market.

Don't part with the Bridgestone.

Jesus Malone said:
Where the hell can I sell my MB1 for near retail price? Full Suntour XC Pro, Accu-Trax Fork (straight bladed, not sure if its original, but paint matched original pain)......?

Here's one that sold for 1k recently... would have been worth more if they hadn't installed funky fork/etc vs. original stuff. http://www.cyclingforums.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=675

There are lots of folks interested in these, should be easy to sell. But you've ridden it, why would you?

RC2 said:
Here's one that sold for 1k recently... would have been worth more if they hadn't installed funky fork/etc vs. original stuff. http://www.cyclingforums.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=675

There are lots of folks interested in these, should be easy to sell. But you've ridden it, why would you?
Know of any good comparisons or commentaries on the RB1 frame to current frames? I have an RB 1 from 94 and have contemplated just upgrading components or getting a new bike altogether.

I have the 04 elite and have 1000+ miles on it so far. For the money it is a great bike but, now i wish i had spent the extra $$ on the comp for the ultegra components instead of the shimano 105's. Learning what i have this year I may have spent afew more bucks for the Trek 5200.

instinct2 said:

are you still thinking of selling the mb1? in that case..do you have pictures and are you shipping to europe? what will the price be?
regs from europe
peter