Bridgestone RB2 Road Bike

DetectiveSteve

Nov 9, 2014
Hey guys, I have a vintage (vintage to me at least) Bridgestone RB2 Syngergy. I will post pictures for anybody who wants to give some advice to help me fix it up, I'd say a 54cm frame, front derailleur, rear derailleur and shifters are all Shimano 400EX, Brake levers are Shimano 300EX. The crank is a Sugino DAC; 53 x 40. Any help will be gladly appreciated.

Sounds very nice, Steve. RB-2s are special bikes that have a following. It's not as strong or cultish as for the RB-1, though.

I suggest a thorough cleaning, probably down to the the bare frame and bearings, if you're up to this task, and replacement of all old rubber (brake pads, tires, and tubes), and replacement of shift and brake cables and housings, replacement of the chain if it's worn, and some fresh handlebar wrap.

Then go ride it.

Sounds like a good deal, I'm a mechanic at our local shop so I'll see if I can get some old parts. What really needs to be done is the cassette and rear derailleur is just all whack so I'll have to adjust that. Not only does it need new tape it needs new grip on the shifters. Thanks for the ideas though!

For a bike that's 20+ years old and looks like it hasn't been touched in 10, it looks great.

That'd ride alright when it's fixed up, prob a good commuter.

You might want to lose the Biopace chainrings...or not. Supposedly they were poorly designed to amplify/re-time power output. They did not shift well given the technology of the day.

Otherwise you've got a nice old bike there. The frame will make a great commuter or day tourer. Search around the web...there's a forum for Bridgestone bikes and they enjoy a small, but dedicated, cult following.