Brighter news.

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Peter B, Jun 16, 2004.

  1. Peter B

    Peter B Guest

    Two local lads, who I don't know, both aged 67 have completed an end-to-end
    in 11 days with only one rest day.
    (According to yesterdays Leicester Mercury)

    --
    Regards,
    Pete

    Tags:

  2. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

    "Peter B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Two local lads, who I don't know, both aged 67 have completed an

    end-to-end
    > in 11 days with only one rest day.
    > (According to yesterdays Leicester Mercury)

    In that case I've got another 22 years left to train for it.

    --
    Simon Mason
    Anlaby

  3. MSeries

    MSeries Guest

    Simon Mason wrote:
    > "Peter B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> Two local lads, who I don't know, both aged 67 have completed an
    >> end-to-end in 11 days with only one rest day.
    >> (According to yesterdays Leicester Mercury)

    > In that case I've got another 22 years left to train for it.

    Don't Simon. I have had to postpone my attempt twice and I want to do it
    before I am 40, less than one summer left to achieve this.

  4. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

    "MSeries" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Simon Mason wrote:
    > > "Peter B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]
    > >> Two local lads, who I don't know, both aged 67 have completed an
    > >> end-to-end in 11 days with only one rest day.
    > >> (According to yesterdays Leicester Mercury)

    > > In that case I've got another 22 years left to train for it.

    > Don't Simon. I have had to postpone my attempt twice and I want to do it
    > before I am 40, less than one summer left to achieve this.

    My ultimate goal was to do a 200 mile double century , which I did aged 41
    --
    Simon M.

  5. Clive George

    Clive George Guest

    > My ultimate goal was to do a 200 mile double century , which I did aged

    41

    I'd rather do a 10 mile double century instead - sounds a lot easier!

    cheers,
    clive

  6. jacob

    jacob Guest

    "Simon Mason" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "MSeries" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Simon Mason wrote:
    > > > "Peter B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]
    > > >
    > > > In that case I've got another 22 years left to train for it.

    > > Don't Simon. I have had to postpone my attempt twice and I want to do it
    > > before I am 40, less than one summer left to achieve this.

    > My ultimate goal was to do a 200 mile double century , which I did aged 41

    11 days is good going. I (59) have just done it in 14 days plus one
    day off, but with (too heavy) camping gear. I included bits of Aran
    and Skye.- 75 miles average per day a bit heavy going. 60 would have
    been comfortable, 50 a doddle with sight-seeing diversions possible.
    I was passed by one group doing it B&B lightweight planning 8 and half
    days but most others I met were 3 weeking or more.
    Weather & midges were crap - everything soaked and pongy by last day,
    - a cycling compost heap.

    cheers

    Jacob