Brighter news.

Peter B

Guest
Two local lads, who I don't know, both aged 67 have completed an end-to-end
in 11 days with only one rest day.
(According to yesterdays Leicester Mercury)

--
Regards,
Pete

Simon Mason wrote:
> "Peter B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Two local lads, who I don't know, both aged 67 have completed an
>> end-to-end in 11 days with only one rest day.
>> (According to yesterdays Leicester Mercury)

> In that case I've got another 22 years left to train for it.

Don't Simon. I have had to postpone my attempt twice and I want to do it
before I am 40, less than one summer left to achieve this.

"MSeries" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Simon Mason wrote:
> > "Peter B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >> Two local lads, who I don't know, both aged 67 have completed an
> >> end-to-end in 11 days with only one rest day.
> >> (According to yesterdays Leicester Mercury)

> > In that case I've got another 22 years left to train for it.

> Don't Simon. I have had to postpone my attempt twice and I want to do it
> before I am 40, less than one summer left to achieve this.

My ultimate goal was to do a 200 mile double century , which I did aged 41
--
Simon M.

> My ultimate goal was to do a 200 mile double century , which I did aged

41

I'd rather do a 10 mile double century instead - sounds a lot easier!

cheers,
clive

"Simon Mason" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "MSeries" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Simon Mason wrote:
> > > "Peter B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > In that case I've got another 22 years left to train for it.

> > Don't Simon. I have had to postpone my attempt twice and I want to do it
> > before I am 40, less than one summer left to achieve this.

> My ultimate goal was to do a 200 mile double century , which I did aged 41

11 days is good going. I (59) have just done it in 14 days plus one
day off, but with (too heavy) camping gear. I included bits of Aran
and Skye.- 75 miles average per day a bit heavy going. 60 would have
been comfortable, 50 a doddle with sight-seeing diversions possible.
I was passed by one group doing it B&B lightweight planning 8 and half
days but most others I met were 3 weeking or more.
Weather & midges were **** - everything soaked and pongy by last day,
- a cycling compost heap.

cheers

Jacob