Bean Long said:I know you'll be there Aeek, but is anyone else in town for the road
race tomorrow? For some bizarre reason it starts in the middle of the
day and it's going to be 34 °C!! Ouch! Keep hydrated and take it easy,
some of those hills are killers. Might be a little hard to show up for
the crits on Sunday!!
I bailed at 44k heading out on Cotter Rd. I was flying through the
Coppins intersection, too much fun to abandon there.
That intersection wouldn't work in NSW, the marshalls need to control
the traffic - even though we actually have right of way.
Saving myself for the crits tommorrow, yes that's it, that's why I
abandonded. Nothing to do with being last on road being stalked by the
sag wagon. Then we picked up a fellow F grader who'd repassed me, and
followed the remaining F rider onto the finish. The oldest of us 4
finished!
Lost my micropump on the way out, heard it go but I was accelerating
down hill and back with the guys. Calculated the distance to look for
it and saw the land cruiser picking it up on the way back. Only then
did I think of the risk to others - luckily it ended in the middle of
the lane coming back up the hill. I've been hooking it into the saddle
bag strap, secure if I get it right but stupid since it easily fits
across a pocket. Now it has a meaniful scar from hitting the road.
Memories.
Had a great run back from the turn, two guys gave me their wheels and
I sat where I was told, never ridden echolon before - does 3rd help
the 1st two riders aerowise? Was able to help by yelling GO as the
next bunch's tail passed. Freshened after this, I was able to fly past
one of my clubs handicappers - oops. I was careful to explain this
when he caught me again and we discussed my club grading.
Glad I did it. Don't feel bad about bailing. Sore from shoulder to
feet.
The Elite Men's finish was awesome! As close as you can get and still
be easy to judge.
Damn, I just cleared my computer trying to access the stats. Tired.
Andre