Bring back any good memories?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by ireman_1, Aug 27, 2004.

  1. ireman_1

    ireman_1 New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2003

  2. supabonbon

    supabonbon Guest

    ireman_1 <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Too cool for school:
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/5fz99
    >
    > Anyone willing to tell my wife I "need" this thing?
    >
    > K.

    Absolutely! Who can resist the suicide shifter? You'll be beating kids
    down the big hill in your neighborhood with aplomb.

    /s

  3. Phil Squire

    Phil Squire Guest

    "ireman_1" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Too cool for school:
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/5fz99
    >
    > Anyone willing to tell my wife I "need" this thing?

    Excellent, tell her it's a guy thing and if she has to ask she'll never
    understand. Worked for me and I got 17" wheels on our new car, up from 15. A
    wheel IS NOT just a wheel.

    Or look at some thing 5 times the price and then go for this, so youll
    "save" a fortune! :) I got an Orange Sub 5 pro "instead of" a GSX1100 ;-)

    Phli
    > K.
    >

    > --
    > ireman_1

  4. I don't know your wife but if I did I would tell
    her no. But you should get the Schwiin Sting Ray and I'll tell your wife
    that.

    I MTB 2004

  5. ireman_1

    ireman_1 New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2003
    >QUOTE=Phil Squire]"ireman_1" wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >>
    >> Too cool for school:
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/5fz99
    >>
    >> Anyone willing to tell my wife I "need" this thing?
    >>

    >Excellent, tell her it's a guy thing and if she has to ask she'll never
    >understand. Worked for me and I got 17" wheels on our new car, up from >15. A
    >wheel IS NOT just a wheel.
    >
    >Or look at some thing 5 times the price and then go for this, so youll
    >"save" a fortune! :) I got an Orange Sub 5 pro "instead of" a GSX1100 ;-)
    >
    >Phli
    >> K.
    >>

    >> --
    >> ireman_1

    That's a good idea, but she's hip to that after 10 years of me going to that well, as it were. I think I might be losing this one, but I will not give up. I just got tattooed two weeks ago and have an appointment to get another one soon enough so I'm not defending the high ground right now (if you know what I mean). If I have any chance of getting this I may have to go to the old standard of buying her something *she* wants/has wanted for a while at the same time as buying this bike. It pains me to even think that way, but...

    K. (ride report to follow?)

  6. ireman_1

    ireman_1 New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2003

    I can't hate you for thinking like that. My first bike was a stingray. She might *actually* go for that though since she has an old schwinn beach cruiser with tons (literally?) of chrome and one speed. We could (almost) do that couples matching things (?). I already have a "modified" old school cruiser thing so this is proving to be a hard sell.

    "I realize I have a Kruizer honey, but this is a "Chopper"; it's a completely different bike. You know like how I have an FS *and* a hardtail, right?"

    K.