Bringing biking and beer together, at last!

swarm

Feb 8, 2011
A couple buddies and I have decided that it is time to bring together the two greatest things in the world- biking and beer! We've designed a seat clamp that has an integrated bottle opener. We want to know what you guys think. We have 2 designs- Nectar is a fixed collar: And Elixir is a quick release: But it looks like it is sideways, what about a village of spillage? Not a problem. You would normally be off to the side of your bike when popping the top, and will naturally tilt the bike to the side, so you are actually rotating the bottle down like so: If you guys like them, check out our Kickstarter project here.

lol, I think it's pretty cool, just not sure how often i'll have COLD beers with me while im on my bike

Real beer doesn't have to be cold...

Interesting idea, but I wouldn't order one. I pretty much always have a way to open beer bottles on my person, and if worst comes to worst, I can open one with my teeth (there's a trick to it so that you don't damage your teeth, plus I have very strong teeth). Not to mention, the bike I just ordered has an integral seat post clamp.

Jason

Not that I do but if I am going to carry beer with me out on the trails I would only bring cans. No danger of smashing them and you can crush them down to bring back home for disposal.

Originally Posted by davereo .

Not that I do but if I am going to carry beer with me out on the trails I would only bring cans. No danger of smashing them and you can crush them down to bring back home for disposal.

another good point. I will add that I can see the hipster crowd here in NYC putting one of these on their bike and stopping to buy a bottle of Doc Browns real cane soda or whatever that hipster **** is and popping the bottle open. I can also see this handy if your bike is kept in your garage and you are just hanging out and you have your bike next to you.

At the end of the day, you need a seatpost clamp and if these are competitively priced, why not get one? can't hurt