Brisbane Area

Tripped

Feb 5, 2006
Hey!
I'm Mike, and i'm 16, new rider, young too, i was wondering if anyone would want to ride etc. cause i don't know anyone in the cycling scene and i'm really shy about going into groups and clubs lol i ride around indro, oxley, i live in redbank um, yea i wouldn't mind riding deep into brissy but i dont know many bike lanes that way

Depends on how much you've ridden on the road before, and what you're riding. If you're riding a road bike, you'll probably find your local bike shop will have rides, or failing that have a look at some of the other groups (eg. Victor Cycles) that ride out of Milton / Southbank.

I'm not sure what their attitude is like - I ride with a training squad, but just try a few different ones until you find a group that is cool. Your age might be an issue from a liability point of view, but that should be easily worked around.

Another option is the bikeways around Brisbane - there are a heap of them - but the surface is usually concrete which means the dodgy joins are a bit tough on roadbikes at any reasonable speed.

If you're riding a mountain bike, apparently Daisy Hill is pretty cool, but I haven't been out there yet.