Brisbane BR - Ekka day ride? (wed 17th aug)



adam85

New Member
Mar 2, 2004
486
0
0
As it's a public holiday for most in brisso next wednesday,
I was thinking of a long easy ride and a nice lunch somewhere.
Maybe up or down the coast with a train ride as a bail out
option.

Perhaps down to Logan Village,Mount Tamborine and down
to Nerang train station and back via the V1 bikeway.

Or Mt Mee, Maleny to Nambour and back on the train.

Or even a big MTB ride?

Anyone interested?
 
T

Tamyka Bell

Guest
LotteBum wrote:
>
> I'm interested! The Tamborine option sounds particularly inviting.
>
> --
> LotteBum


I'm planning on the MTB option. As much as I'd love to just hit out on
the roadie, I'm away for the next three weekends and I need to get
training in before the Epic. Gilly's coming along, and Kurt... yeah
Gilly is the Pearl Izumi guy Lotte met on Saturday.

Tam
 

LotteBum

New Member
Nov 2, 2004
1,138
2
0
42
Tam wrote:

I'm planning on the MTB option. As much as I'd love to just hit out on
the roadie, I'm away for the next three weekends and I need to get
training in before the Epic.

Cool, I'm up for that. Adam, are you up for this??

LotteBum
 

MikeyOz

New Member
Aug 12, 2003
942
0
0
52
adam85 said:
As it's a public holiday for most in brisso next wednesday,
I was thinking of a long easy ride and a nice lunch somewhere.
Maybe up or down the coast with a train ride as a bail out
option.

Perhaps down to Logan Village,Mount Tamborine and down
to Nerang train station and back via the V1 bikeway.

Or Mt Mee, Maleny to Nambour and back on the train.

Or even a big MTB ride?

Anyone interested?
Mt Tamborine is awesome, I did a ride 2 couple of years back up in brisbane, from Nundah through Logan following all the way to Mt Tamborine then over to the Nerang train station..!! was an awesome ride, the stretch to Nerang from Mt Tamborine is pretty yucky, I got a flat tyre just as I rolled into the Nerang train station, going around a corner and almost nose dived... that is an awesome ride.... one of the few things I miss about Brisbane, long rides in beautiful winter sunshine....

its really starting to warm up in melbourne, I think we hit 13 today!
 

LotteBum

New Member
Nov 2, 2004
1,138
2
0
42
MikeyOz wrote:

its really starting to warm up in melbourne, I think we hit 13 today!

HUH?!?!?!?!

We're in the fuggin coldest time of year here.

13 degree days and I'd jump ship, I swear.

Lotte
 

Paulie-AU

New Member
Mar 22, 2005
275
0
0
LotteBum said:
I'm interested! The Tamborine option sounds particularly inviting.
You just want to do it cause you have cracked 100kmh between Tambo and nerang.

Big MTB ride would be good. But where??
 

adam85

New Member
Mar 2, 2004
486
0
0
LotteBum said:
Tam wrote:

I'm planning on the MTB option. As much as I'd love to just hit out on
the roadie, I'm away for the next three weekends and I need to get
training in before the Epic.

Cool, I'm up for that. Adam, are you up for this??

LotteBum

Yeah OK sounds good. I've got to get the km's in as well. Suggestions as to where? I did Gap Creek Reserve to Mt Nebo and back the other week, but you could go from Mt Nebo down the Goat Track and across to Bunyaville, or back to the Gap via the State Forest at Ferny Hills. I'm easy, but I may not have a car so northside would be better for me.

Adam
 

LotteBum

New Member
Nov 2, 2004
1,138
2
0
42
Adam85 wrote:

I'm easy, but I may not have a car so northside would be better for me.

You call that easy?!?!?!?

I'll have a look at my 'Where to Mountainbike in South East Qld' book tonight and I'll do up a couple of proposals.

You guys are so difficult to please!!!

Lotte-Angry-Bum
 

Paulie-AU

New Member
Mar 22, 2005
275
0
0
adam85 said:
Yeah OK sounds good. I've got to get the km's in as well. Suggestions as to where? I did Gap Creek Reserve to Mt Nebo and back the other week, but you could go from Mt Nebo down the Goat Track and across to Bunyaville, or back to the Gap via the State Forest at Ferny Hills. I'm easy, but I may not have a car so northside would be better for me.

Adam
Well I am thinking of riding my jump bike (cause I feel like a thrash) so any ride is bound to wear me out if it covers a bit of distance. Personally I am biased towards daisy cause there is heaps of fun stuff littered throughout the forest.

We could fit in a big ride and do all of the fun (hard) tracks like stupidly happy, nirvana and the rest. But it might be a little technical.
 

LotteBum

New Member
Nov 2, 2004
1,138
2
0
42
I would agree that Daisy is probably the best place in terms of technicality - I personally find Cootha/Gap Creek quite challenging and I'm sure Tam wouldn't be up for it yet. I don't think it would be a good idea to scare her either.

Having said that, if you don't have a car on the day, Adam, we'll find a way to get you there.
 

adam85

New Member
Mar 2, 2004
486
0
0
LotteBum said:
I would agree that Daisy is probably the best place in terms of technicality - I personally find Cootha/Gap Creek quite challenging and I'm sure Tam wouldn't be up for it yet. I don't think it would be a good idea to scare her either.

Having said that, if you don't have a car on the day, Adam, we'll find a way to get you there.

Ok cool, I can probably get a lift down down that way and back again in the afternoon if we start a bit later in the day as my wife works down that way.

BTW what's wrong with Gap Creek->Nebo? It's not technical just a fair bit of
climbing (the way I've been anyway). Some good bits of singletrack (I think one is called Vietnam) then mostly firetrails. Although we did do one killer
down hill when we went out towards Lake Manchester that was all grapefruit
sized rocks and slippery shale shiiite. I had to walk that bit or go over the
bars all the time. I rode my mate's Intense duallie the other day, it felt
like a magic carpet ride compared to my cannondale hardtail! Very noice...

Adam
 

LotteBum

New Member
Nov 2, 2004
1,138
2
0
42
Hey Tam, I think we might have to fit in some secret training before next Wednesday if we want to flog Adam....

LotteBum
 

LotteBum

New Member
Nov 2, 2004
1,138
2
0
42
Adam85 wrote:

Don't worry - I'm a complete gumby on the descents.

Oh good!

I forgot to look in that book last night. Will look tonight. I'll actually have time to do it tonight...

I must say that I'm dead scared of Gap Creek and would probably be more keen if it wasn't for the fact that the ride is smack bang in the middle of my holiday. If it was a normal week I wouldn't care, but I don't want to hobble around feeling sorry for myself when I don't have to be at work (I do it at work anyway).

Lotte
 
T

Tamyka Bell

Guest
LotteBum wrote:
>
> Hey Tam, I think we might have to fit in some secret training before
> next Wednesday if we want to flog Adam....
>
> LotteBum
>
> --
> LotteBum


Ssssshhh, Lotte, it's a seeee-klet!

Tam