Brisbane centuries

aeon16

New Member
Aug 3, 2003
Hello all.

Brisbanites! I call on you!

Who's done a century here? If so, how long did it take you, where did you start from, finish, etc?

aeon16 <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Hello all.
>
> Brisbanites! I call on you!
>
> Who's done a century here? If so, how long did it take you, where did you start from, finish, etc?

I'm a member of Hamilton Pine Rivers Wheelers (www.hamiltonwheelers.com) They run one every year
usually in July. Starts and finishes in Petrie and goes north to Caboolture and Landsborough. It
takes around 6 hours.

Bruce Dickson

Everyone wants to climb on a 900 gram frameset, but nobody wants to descend on one. Ernesto Colnago

In 2000 I rode 30Km from home at Kingston (Logan) to South Bank (Brisbane) (rested half hour till
next bit), rode the 50km BQ Bike Week ride, (rested half hour or so) then rode home. Average speed
while riding was probably about 15 or 17km/h.

In 1998 I rode from home to Thunder birdpark Tamborine Mountain, (rested hour or so) and home again
(100km total in 6 hours rding time).

"aeon16" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Hello all.
>
> Brisbanites! I call on you!
>
> Who's done a century here? If so, how long did it take you, where did you start from, finish, etc?

> Who's done a century here? If so, how long did it take you, where did you start from, finish, etc?

Hey,

The BBTA does 100k+ rides fairly often(but not regularly). Ive been on a few of them, it generally seems to take about 6 or so hours to complete, depends on how fast you ride really. :) Ive been known to take 7 or 8 hours to do it, but just over 5 is my fastest time. Im no racer..yet :)