Brisbane Cyclists injured

monsterman wrote:
> *http://tinyurl.com/eqrlr*
>
> On the TV coverage I saw predominantly "Team Fresh" jerseys and some
> familiar faces from the Livingwell Gym at Carindale. I hope the
> injured heal quickly, and I really hope and pray that Tamyka and her
> partner Steven were not involved or injured. TV said the driver
> involved stopped and rendered assistance.
>

> --
> monsterman

I think we should give a few minutes silence for the man struck by a
cyclist in Melbourne. I'm sure you will share my outrage at the
"traffic infringement notice" issued to the cyclist who killed the man.

Man struck by cyclist dies

August 28, 2006 - 1:06PM

An elderly man has died in hospital after being struck by a cyclist in
Melbourne's south on the weekend.

The 77-year-old Mentone man was crossing Beach Road at a traffic light
near the intersection of Naples Road in Mentone at 8.30am on Saturday.

At the time, the "Hell Ride" - a weekly communal ride involving
cyclists in groups of 100 or more - was taking place along Beach Road.

A spokeswoman from Victoria Police said the elderly man had signalled
his intention to cross the road as cyclists approached, but he was
struck down and received serious head injuries.

The man was taken to the Alfred hospital, but died yesterday.

Police said a 30-year-old man from St Kilda East would be issued with a
penalty notice for allegedly failing to obey a traffic light. The
penalty carries a $210 fine.

Police will prepare a report for the Coroner.

theage.com.au

In aus.bicycle on 28 Aug 2006 04:17:11 -0700
[email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:

> I think we should give a few minutes silence for the man struck by a
> cyclist in Melbourne. I'm sure you will share my outrage at the
> "traffic infringement notice" issued to the cyclist who killed the man.

As in he should have got more for killing someone?

I agree - after all if it had been a red light running car killing a
cyclist, hear the howls!

Zebee

Zebee Johnstone wrote:
> In aus.bicycle on 28 Aug 2006 04:17:11 -0700
> [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>I think we should give a few minutes silence for the man struck by a
>>cyclist in Melbourne. I'm sure you will share my outrage at the
>>"traffic infringement notice" issued to the cyclist who killed the man.

> As in he should have got more for killing someone?
>
> I agree - after all if it had been a red light running car killing a
> cyclist, hear the howls!
>
> Zebee

I read it that way Zebee. I really doubt the other possibility entered
his mind. It didn;t mine until I read your post :)

Dave

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> monsterman wrote:
>> *http://tinyurl.com/eqrlr*
>>
>> On the TV coverage I saw predominantly "Team Fresh" jerseys and some
>> familiar faces from the Livingwell Gym at Carindale. I hope the
>> injured heal quickly, and I really hope and pray that Tamyka and her
>> partner Steven were not involved or injured. TV said the driver
>> involved stopped and rendered assistance.
>>

>> --
>> monsterman

> I think we should give a few minutes silence for the man struck by a
> cyclist in Melbourne. I'm sure you will share my outrage at the
> "traffic infringement notice" issued to the cyclist who killed the man.

You'll find we agree...there's a whole thread devoted to this incident.