Brisbane Fixed Ride 1 - Sun 13/11/05

Andrew

Guest
Can't let those Melbourne fixxers have all the fun.

Myself and two others are meeting at the QUT end of the Goodwill bridge at
7am this Sunday (13/11) for the inaugural BFR.

Route will follow the river from QUT to UQ, then to Indooroopilly, across
the bridge and through Oxley, Graceville, Yerongpilly, Fairfield, and at
Dutton Park either around West End on the river or shortcutting back to the
Goodwill bridge if we bit off more than we could chew. Muffin stop location
is as yet unknown, suggestions welcome.

Proposed route can be seen below in green, blue is as yet undecided, and
it's all subject to change on the day if conditions (weather, hills,
hangovers) dictate.
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/7404/maproutesm5jx.jpg

We're geared at 42x16, 42x17 and 39x16, ~65-70". It's a social ride so the
pace won't be frantic.

Post, email (ahblake at gmail dot com) or call/sms 0410 345679 if you're
keen to join the fun. Keep an eye out for a white Peugeot, green Raleigh or
yellow Apollo, or the only bikes in the area sans gears.

Andrew.

Andrew said:
[...]

Good work Andrew, good to see FR1 - BNE underway.

I'll have to skip this one!

PiledHigher wrote:
> Andrew Wrote:
>
>>Can't let those Melbourne fixxers have all the fun.
>>
>>Myself and two others are meeting at the QUT end of the Goodwill bridge
>>at
>>7am this Sunday (13/11) for the inaugural BFR.
>>
>>Route will follow the river from QUT to UQ, then to Indooroopilly,
>>across
>>the bridge and through Oxley, Graceville, Yerongpilly, Fairfield, and
>>at
>>Dutton Park either around West End on the river or shortcutting back to
>>the
>>Goodwill bridge if we bit off more than we could chew. Muffin stop
>>location
>>is as yet unknown, suggestions welcome.
>>
>>Proposed route can be seen below in green, blue is as yet undecided,
>>and
>>it's all subject to change on the day if conditions (weather, hills,
>>hangovers) dictate.
>>http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/7404/maproutesm5jx.jpg
>>
>>We're geared at 42x16, 42x17 and 39x16, ~65-70". It's a social ride so
>>the
>>pace won't be frantic.
>>
>>Post, email (ahblake at gmail dot com) or call/sms 0410 345679 if
>>you're
>>keen to join the fun. Keep an eye out for a white Peugeot, green
>>Raleigh or
>>yellow Apollo, or the only bikes in the area sans gears.
>>
>>Andrew.

> Good work Andrew, good to see FR1 - BNE underway.
>
> I'll have to skip this one!

gawd you're soft!

--
Nick

NoZX6R said:
PiledHigher wrote:
> Andrew Wrote:
>
>>Can't let those Melbourne fixxers have all the fun.
>>
>>Myself and two others are meeting at the QUT end of the Goodwill bridge
>>at
>>7am this Sunday (13/11) for the inaugural BFR.
>>
>>Route will follow the river from QUT to UQ, then to Indooroopilly,
>>across
>>the bridge and through Oxley, Graceville, Yerongpilly, Fairfield, and
>>at
>>Dutton Park either around West End on the river or shortcutting back to
>>the
>>Goodwill bridge if we bit off more than we could chew. Muffin stop
>>location
>>is as yet unknown, suggestions welcome.
>>
>>Proposed route can be seen below in green, blue is as yet undecided,
>>and
>>it's all subject to change on the day if conditions (weather, hills,
>>hangovers) dictate.
>>http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/7404/maproutesm5jx.jpg
>>
>>We're geared at 42x16, 42x17 and 39x16, ~65-70". It's a social ride so
>>the
>>pace won't be frantic.
>>
>>Post, email (ahblake at gmail dot com) or call/sms 0410 345679 if
>>you're
>>keen to join the fun. Keep an eye out for a white Peugeot, green
>>Raleigh or
>>yellow Apollo, or the only bikes in the area sans gears.
>>
>>Andrew.

> Good work Andrew, good to see FR1 - BNE underway.
>
> I'll have to skip this one!

gawd you're soft!

--
Nick

Sorry, should I say, I'm coming and the sleep in!!!

PiledHigher wrote:
> NoZX6R Wrote:
>
>>PiledHigher wrote:

>>bridge

>>and

>>so

>>>Good work Andrew, good to see FR1 - BNE underway.
>>>
>>>I'll have to skip this one!
>>>

>>gawd you're soft!
>>
>>--
>>Nick

> Sorry, should I say, I'm coming and the sleep in!!!

ok well just make sure you're on time. I hear they're pretty strict
about start times ;)

--
Nick