Brisbane: Nundah crits this saturday

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by adam85, Aug 4, 2005.

  1. adam85

    adam85 Guest

    Just a note for you guys who were thinking of doing the saturday arvo crit
    this Saturday (August 6th) at Nundah. Start time is 1.30pm for Cat 3 and
    Cat 4, and 2.15pm for Cat 2 and Cat 1.

    Adam

    Tags:

  2. Ben

    Ben Guest

    Adam, what sort of average speeds does Cat 4 riders do for the crit.

    I just want to see if I would be able to match them, but I don't want to
    make a fool of myself.
    If I remember I was doing maybe around 2 minute laps at Nundah track, and it
    always has a bugger of a headwind.
    "adam85" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Just a note for you guys who were thinking of doing the saturday arvo crit
    > this Saturday (August 6th) at Nundah. Start time is 1.30pm for Cat 3 and
    > Cat 4, and 2.15pm for Cat 2 and Cat 1.
    >
    > Adam

  3. adam85

    adam85 Guest

    "Ben" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Adam, what sort of average speeds does Cat 4 riders do for the crit.
    >
    > I just want to see if I would be able to match them, but I don't want to
    > make a fool of myself.
    > If I remember I was doing maybe around 2 minute laps at Nundah track, and
    > it
    > always has a bugger of a headwind.

    You're in luck, Cat 4 is a handicap so just tell the handicapper what sort
    or average
    you think you can do (get there at least 15min before the start) and he will
    slot you
    in somewhere so you have a good chance. As you're new you might get placed a
    bit further back, just in case you're stretching the truth a bit with how
    fast you are :)
    Have fun!

    Adam

  4. adam85

    adam85 Guest

    "Ben" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Adam, what sort of average speeds does Cat 4 riders do for the crit.
    >
    > I just want to see if I would be able to match them, but I don't want to
    > make a fool of myself.
    > If I remember I was doing maybe around 2 minute laps at Nundah track, and
    > it
    > always has a bugger of a headwind.

    Sorry, I meant to also to answer your question! Avg speeds across all riders
    would
    vary from perhaps 27-35kph (at a rough guess)

    Adam

  5. Ben

    Ben Guest

    Whats it cost to enter, and also how long will the cat 4 race be ?
    "adam85" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Ben" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Adam, what sort of average speeds does Cat 4 riders do for the crit.
    > >
    > > I just want to see if I would be able to match them, but I don't want to
    > > make a fool of myself.
    > > If I remember I was doing maybe around 2 minute laps at Nundah track,

    and
    > > it
    > > always has a bugger of a headwind.

    > Sorry, I meant to also to answer your question! Avg speeds across all

    riders
    > would
    > vary from perhaps 27-35kph (at a rough guess)
    >
    > Adam

  6. adam85

    adam85 Guest

    "Ben" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Whats it cost to enter, and also how long will the cat 4 race be ?

    Bit hazy on the details sorry Ben, it's $6 or $8 to enter and around either
    30 or 40 minutes. Cat 2 is 50, Cat 1 1hr. Do you have a licence already? If
    not you'll need a day licence which is around $25.

    Adam

  7. LotteBum

    LotteBum New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2004
    Messages:
    1,138
    Paulie and I can't make it to Nundah this Saturday as we have to attend an engagement party (*grumble*) in the afternoon. They had better be serving *lots* of alcohol.

    Also, Ben you should come to Murarrie this weekend, then Nundah next weekend! I'm racing Cat 2 at Murarrie. Last week was my first race and I got dropped in the first lap and the proceeded to get lapped 5 times. I hereby invite you to get dropped and slog it out with me!

    LotteBum *never getting married or engaged or any of that sh!t*

  8. Ben

    Ben Guest

    Is Nundah on again next weekend ??
    "LotteBum" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Paulie and I can't make it to Nundah this Saturday as we have to attend
    > an engagement party (*grumble*) in the afternoon. They had better be
    > serving *lots* of alcohol.
    >
    > Also, Ben you should come to Murarrie this weekend, then Nundah next
    > weekend! I'm racing Cat 2 at Murarrie. Last week was my first race
    > and I got dropped in the first lap and the proceeded to get lapped 5
    > times. I hereby invite you to get dropped and slog it out with me!
    >
    > LotteBum *never getting married or engaged or any of that sh!t*
    >

    > --
    > LotteBum

  9. adam85

    adam85 New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2004

  10. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    adam85 wrote:

    > Just a note for you guys who were thinking of doing the saturday arvo crit
    > this Saturday (August 6th) at Nundah. Start time is 1.30pm for Cat 3 and
    > Cat 4, and 2.15pm for Cat 2 and Cat 1.
    >
    > Adam

    Oooh that's a worry! There's no elite... so I take it I'm Cat 3 for this
    one? Or is it much faster than Murarrie, and I'm Cat 4?

    If you feel like racing in my Cat, I'll be your leadout girl. (And
    unlike Lotte and Paulie, no BJ required.)

    Tam

  11. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    Ben wrote:

    > Is Nundah on again next weekend ??

    not according to any websites

  12. Yes - now I'm confused??

    If I race Cat 2 at Murrarie, am I racing Cat 2 at Nundah or Cat 3
    (given that there is no Elite category...)

    Abby (who has no idea...)

  13. adam85

    adam85 New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2004
    Hard to say Tam, I've only seen you race the once at Murrarie, but I reckon you'd be strong Cat 3, or struggle a bit in Cat 2. Then again many of the stronger riders will be at Cunningham. Go for the win in Cat 3 I reckon!

  14. adam85 wrote:

    > Hard to say Tam, I've only seen you race the once at Murrarie, but I
    > reckon you'd be strong Cat 3, or struggle a bit in Cat 2. Then again
    > many of the stronger riders will be at Cunningham. Go for the win in
    > Cat 3 I reckon!

    I'll be at Cunningham (hopefully I'm a 'stronger rider' tomorrow), it's
    a shame the day you decide to do one of our races I won't be there but
    maybe next time. Have fun.

    Bruce.

  15. retrograded

    retrograded Guest

    "Bruce Dickson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > adam85 wrote:
    >

    >> Hard to say Tam, I've only seen you race the once at Murrarie, but I
    >> reckon you'd be strong Cat 3, or struggle a bit in Cat 2. Then again
    >> many of the stronger riders will be at Cunningham. Go for the win in
    >> Cat 3 I reckon!

    > I'll be at Cunningham (hopefully I'm a 'stronger rider' tomorrow), it's
    > a shame the day you decide to do one of our races I won't be there but
    > maybe next time. Have fun.
    >
    > Bruce.

    Fastest Time last Saturday Bruce? Congratulations.

  16. retrograded wrote:
    > "Bruce Dickson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > >
    > > adam85 wrote:
    > >

    > >> Hard to say Tam, I've only seen you race the once at Murrarie, but I
    > >> reckon you'd be strong Cat 3, or struggle a bit in Cat 2. Then again
    > >> many of the stronger riders will be at Cunningham. Go for the win in
    > >> Cat 3 I reckon!

    > > I'll be at Cunningham (hopefully I'm a 'stronger rider' tomorrow), it's
    > > a shame the day you decide to do one of our races I won't be there but
    > > maybe next time. Have fun.
    > >
    > > Bruce.
    > >

    > Fastest Time last Saturday Bruce? Congratulations.

    Yeah, Thanks. Won some tyres which was good. Came close to catching the
    front runners who were the group who'd started only 2 mins ahead but
    not quite there. Ahh handicaps.

    Bruce.