Brisbane: Nundah crits this saturday

adam85

Guest
Just a note for you guys who were thinking of doing the saturday arvo crit
this Saturday (August 6th) at Nundah. Start time is 1.30pm for Cat 3 and
Cat 4, and 2.15pm for Cat 2 and Cat 1.

Adam

Adam, what sort of average speeds does Cat 4 riders do for the crit.

I just want to see if I would be able to match them, but I don't want to
make a fool of myself.
If I remember I was doing maybe around 2 minute laps at Nundah track, and it
always has a bugger of a headwind.
"adam85" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Just a note for you guys who were thinking of doing the saturday arvo crit
> this Saturday (August 6th) at Nundah. Start time is 1.30pm for Cat 3 and
> Cat 4, and 2.15pm for Cat 2 and Cat 1.
>
> Adam

"Ben" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Adam, what sort of average speeds does Cat 4 riders do for the crit.
>
> I just want to see if I would be able to match them, but I don't want to
> make a fool of myself.
> If I remember I was doing maybe around 2 minute laps at Nundah track, and
> it
> always has a bugger of a headwind.

You're in luck, Cat 4 is a handicap so just tell the handicapper what sort
or average
you think you can do (get there at least 15min before the start) and he will
slot you
in somewhere so you have a good chance. As you're new you might get placed a
bit further back, just in case you're stretching the truth a bit with how
fast you are :)
Have fun!

Adam

"Ben" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Adam, what sort of average speeds does Cat 4 riders do for the crit.
>
> I just want to see if I would be able to match them, but I don't want to
> make a fool of myself.
> If I remember I was doing maybe around 2 minute laps at Nundah track, and
> it
> always has a bugger of a headwind.

Sorry, I meant to also to answer your question! Avg speeds across all riders
would
vary from perhaps 27-35kph (at a rough guess)

Adam

Whats it cost to enter, and also how long will the cat 4 race be ?
"adam85" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Ben" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Adam, what sort of average speeds does Cat 4 riders do for the crit.
> >
> > I just want to see if I would be able to match them, but I don't want to
> > make a fool of myself.
> > If I remember I was doing maybe around 2 minute laps at Nundah track,

and
> > it
> > always has a bugger of a headwind.

> Sorry, I meant to also to answer your question! Avg speeds across all

riders
> would
> vary from perhaps 27-35kph (at a rough guess)
>
> Adam

"Ben" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Whats it cost to enter, and also how long will the cat 4 race be ?

Bit hazy on the details sorry Ben, it's $6 or $8 to enter and around either
30 or 40 minutes. Cat 2 is 50, Cat 1 1hr. Do you have a licence already? If
not you'll need a day licence which is around $25.

Adam

Paulie and I can't make it to Nundah this Saturday as we have to attend an engagement party (*grumble*) in the afternoon. They had better be serving *lots* of alcohol.

Also, Ben you should come to Murarrie this weekend, then Nundah next weekend! I'm racing Cat 2 at Murarrie. Last week was my first race and I got dropped in the first lap and the proceeded to get lapped 5 times. I hereby invite you to get dropped and slog it out with me!

LotteBum *never getting married or engaged or any of that sh!t*

Is Nundah on again next weekend ??
news:[email protected]...

Ben said:
Is Nundah on again next weekend ??

Nope. Lotte's talking out of her bot-bot :) See this site:
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/vonberky/

Adam

adam85 wrote:

> Just a note for you guys who were thinking of doing the saturday arvo crit
> this Saturday (August 6th) at Nundah. Start time is 1.30pm for Cat 3 and
> Cat 4, and 2.15pm for Cat 2 and Cat 1.
>
> Adam

Oooh that's a worry! There's no elite... so I take it I'm Cat 3 for this
one? Or is it much faster than Murarrie, and I'm Cat 4?

If you feel like racing in my Cat, I'll be your leadout girl. (And
unlike Lotte and Paulie, no BJ required.)

Tam

Ben wrote:

> Is Nundah on again next weekend ??

not according to any websites

Yes - now I'm confused??

If I race Cat 2 at Murrarie, am I racing Cat 2 at Nundah or Cat 3
(given that there is no Elite category...)

Abby (who has no idea...)

Tamyka Bell said:
adam85 wrote:

> Just a note for you guys who were thinking of doing the saturday arvo crit
> this Saturday (August 6th) at Nundah. Start time is 1.30pm for Cat 3 and
> Cat 4, and 2.15pm for Cat 2 and Cat 1.
>
> Adam

Oooh that's a worry! There's no elite... so I take it I'm Cat 3 for this
one? Or is it much faster than Murarrie, and I'm Cat 4?

If you feel like racing in my Cat, I'll be your leadout girl. (And
unlike Lotte and Paulie, no BJ required.)

Tam

Hard to say Tam, I've only seen you race the once at Murrarie, but I reckon you'd be strong Cat 3, or struggle a bit in Cat 2. Then again many of the stronger riders will be at Cunningham. Go for the win in Cat 3 I reckon!

adam85 wrote:

> Hard to say Tam, I've only seen you race the once at Murrarie, but I
> reckon you'd be strong Cat 3, or struggle a bit in Cat 2. Then again
> many of the stronger riders will be at Cunningham. Go for the win in
> Cat 3 I reckon!

I'll be at Cunningham (hopefully I'm a 'stronger rider' tomorrow), it's
a shame the day you decide to do one of our races I won't be there but
maybe next time. Have fun.

Bruce.

"Bruce Dickson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> adam85 wrote:
>

>> Hard to say Tam, I've only seen you race the once at Murrarie, but I
>> reckon you'd be strong Cat 3, or struggle a bit in Cat 2. Then again
>> many of the stronger riders will be at Cunningham. Go for the win in
>> Cat 3 I reckon!

> I'll be at Cunningham (hopefully I'm a 'stronger rider' tomorrow), it's
> a shame the day you decide to do one of our races I won't be there but
> maybe next time. Have fun.
>
> Bruce.

Fastest Time last Saturday Bruce? Congratulations.

retrograded wrote:
> "Bruce Dickson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > adam85 wrote:
> >

> >> Hard to say Tam, I've only seen you race the once at Murrarie, but I
> >> reckon you'd be strong Cat 3, or struggle a bit in Cat 2. Then again
> >> many of the stronger riders will be at Cunningham. Go for the win in
> >> Cat 3 I reckon!

> > I'll be at Cunningham (hopefully I'm a 'stronger rider' tomorrow), it's
> > a shame the day you decide to do one of our races I won't be there but
> > maybe next time. Have fun.
> >
> > Bruce.
> >

> Fastest Time last Saturday Bruce? Congratulations.

Yeah, Thanks. Won some tyres which was good. Came close to catching the
front runners who were the group who'd started only 2 mins ahead but
not quite there. Ahh handicaps.

Bruce.