Brisbane Rides.....

On 2006-01-25, SuzieB (aka Bruce)

> Tamyka Bell Wrote:
>>

>> If you're gorgeous, you have to join Team Fresh, that's the rules
>> (http://www.freshsports.com.au/ and yes, my boyfriend is in that
>> team).
>>
>> Tam

> Wow, just checked out the webpage for Team Fresh and I'm almost
> wishing I lived in Brisbane - they sound like a fun lot. :)

And dragging the mouse across the top of the screen can be hours of
fun!

Wheee! Mexican wave letters!

--
TimC
FORTRAN is a good example of a language which is easier to parse

"Tamyka Bell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hey Mick!
>
> I'm going to be there as well... I guess... Steven is insisting I come
> along and that I will not be the slowest person on the ride...

Hey there Tam!

Cool! Oh and I'm sure you won't be the slowest. I got dropped
on a recovery ride this morning :-O

TimC wrote:

> On 2006-01-25, SuzieB (aka Bruce)
> >
> > Tamyka Bell Wrote:
> >>

> >> If you're gorgeous, you have to join Team Fresh, that's the rules
> >> (http://www.freshsports.com.au/ and yes, my boyfriend is in that
> >> team).
> >>
> >> Tam

> > Wow, just checked out the webpage for Team Fresh and I'm almost
> > wishing I lived in Brisbane - they sound like a fun lot. :)

> And dragging the mouse across the top of the screen can be hours of
> fun!
>
> Wheee! Mexican wave letters!

I just find it amazing that whoever is responsible for the profiles
didn't run out of *cough* inspiration...

Tam

I've just come back with a ton on the clock after Mt Glorious.
Well-named: it was lovely there, and a little cool, after a hard grunt
to get there.

Did anyone else get a load of the new cafe owner at the top? A 6'4"
Irishman with an Irish temper. After three months there, he is used to
Quietville, and no-one told him about the Aussie Day ride. There must
have been a couple of hundred riders turn up over half an hour. We're
all used to the place being closed up. I did the usual and hopped over
the deck fence to fill my bottles from the tap. All of a sudden I hear
this booming voice demanding I leave. No water? GET OUT NOW! Apparently
he bawled out a few riders after one dropped a banana peel and the
others wanted to buy drinks when he wasn't open yet. He ended up buying
me a Coke and we had a chat about getting things back on the tracks.
His (name Rod) heart is in the right place I think. He just doesn't
like surprises and doesn't deal well with discourtesy.

How did your ride go, Adam? I felt quite strong, considering my
Christmas pudding!

Donga

"Donga" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I've just come back with a ton on the clock after Mt Glorious.
> Well-named: it was lovely there, and a little cool, after a hard grunt
> to get there.
>
> Did anyone else get a load of the new cafe owner at the top? A 6'4"
> Irishman with an Irish temper. After three months there, he is used to
> Quietville, and no-one told him about the Aussie Day ride. There must
> have been a couple of hundred riders turn up over half an hour. We're
> all used to the place being closed up. I did the usual and hopped over
> the deck fence to fill my bottles from the tap. All of a sudden I hear
> this booming voice demanding I leave. No water? GET OUT NOW! Apparently
> he bawled out a few riders after one dropped a banana peel and the
> others wanted to buy drinks when he wasn't open yet. He ended up buying
> me a Coke and we had a chat about getting things back on the tracks.
> His (name Rod) heart is in the right place I think. He just doesn't
> like surprises and doesn't deal well with discourtesy.
>
> How did your ride go, Adam? I felt quite strong, considering my
> Christmas pudding!

ummmm.... I slept in :) Glad you had fun, there's always someone there to
give you a good run for your money that's for sure.

I remember the old owner of the maiala cafe (if that's where you went). I
think his name was Kevin. Nice guy with an amazing memory. He'd remember
everyone's name even if they only had a coffee there once a month. Poor guy
died of cancer I think.

Adam

adam85 wrote:

> ummmm.... I slept in :)

I hope the sleep-in worked, Adam!

Donga said:
adam85 wrote:

> ummmm.... I slept in :)

I hope the sleep-in worked, Adam!

Worked a treat..well needed. Caffeine only works for so long!

Wednesday night twilight series was great though. Huge turnout, over 50 in Cat 1, and quite a few local 'big guns' in the elite class, so the pace was smoking. They are like crack addicts bike racers, they just can't get enough racing :) I had to leave early though so I missed the end of the elite race.

So any brissos want to see some good racing come out next wednesday from 5pm. Going to have an expresso van there too.

Adam

adam85 wrote:
<snip>
> So any brissos want to see some good racing come out next wednesday
> from 5pm. Going to have an expresso van there too.
>
> Adam

I'll be skipping next Wednesday because I'm racing Saturday/Sunday at
Caboolture, but I'll come along the following weeks.

Tam

Tamyka Bell said:
adam85 wrote:
<snip>
> So any brissos want to see some good racing come out next wednesday
> from 5pm. Going to have an expresso van there too.
>
> Adam

I'll be skipping next Wednesday because I'm racing Saturday/Sunday at
Caboolture, but I'll come along the following weeks.

Tam

yeah yeah sure... talk is cheap with you a.b. lot! :))))

Adam

Rhino-x said:
Who needs 'relocation experts' when I have this forum.....ok, south of river...done. Thanks to everyone, I appriciate your advice. Now just got to pack all 8 bikes and get them up there....

FDutch......is Brisbane ready for a crazy singlespeed/fixie enduro MTB rider?....quess we will see!!!
Are you going to come and get the Beerbay bike to make it 9?

Have not done the re-con visit to find a suburb, but I have been told to look into Highgate Hills area...west end, kangaroo point etc etc. Its funny when you have to go somewhere new, every person you ask tells you a different suburb to look into, might just get a large map and shoot a dart into it....where it lands is where I will live...

The idea of having a club (team fresh) with a good focus on social outings as well suits me, as coming up knowing no-one is a bit of a worry.

BEERBAY bike would be good, but I have been living in Singapore for the last two months, and only got back a week ago....will send a PM.

Rhino-x wrote:

> Have not done the re-con visit to find a suburb, but I have been told to
> look into Highgate Hills area...west end, kangaroo point etc etc. Its
> funny when you have to go somewhere new, every person you ask tells you
> a different suburb to look into, might just get a large map and shoot a
> dart into it....where it lands is where I will live...
>
> The idea of having a club (team fresh) with a good focus on social
> outings as well suits me, as coming up knowing no-one is a bit of a
> worry.
>
> BEERBAY bike would be good, but I have been living in Singapore for the
> last two months, and only got back a week ago....will send a PM.
>
> --
> Rhino-x

Speaking of Team Fresh... apparently I made it onto the chicks team for
the time trials... *cough* not sure how that happened...

Tam'