Brisbane rides

MaverikoH

Jan 24, 2006
Hey guys,

I've been doing some riding for a few months while uni is out, but I'm starting to get bored of my usual rides which seem a bit short. I was wondering if any brisbane vets could recommend some decently long, interesting routes. Preferably with a bit of greenery, I love heading up Mt Gravat way or along the river in Ironside

MaverikoH said:
Hey guys,

I've been doing some riding for a few months while uni is out, but I'm starting to get bored of my usual rides which seem a bit short. I was wondering if any brisbane vets could recommend some decently long, interesting routes. Preferably with a bit of greenery, I love heading up Mt Gravat way or along the river in Ironside
Several that you can try. Hop on the train to Beenleigh and ride from Beenleigh to Jacobs well, the BBTA does this each saturday. If you like you can stop in at the DJR V8 Supercar museum or Paul Morris Motorsport. Both along the way and get your v8 fix no matter what your taste. about 65-70 klm

Redcliffe peninsular train to sandgate and then ride across the hornibrook bridge, 30 + klm flat and great views of moreton bay. cafe's shops all along the way.

Or the biggie 107klm each way South bank to Southport along the V1 some is road some is bike path but what a ride. Really safe and a great days entertainment. I loved it for the Diabetes ride last year. give it a go

Cheers.

It's a bit of a shame that you have to get the train out of the area to get to the decent rides, but these sound worth it. Might try the journey to south port on a free weekend someday. Thanks again.

Try going out along Mogill Rd, Ipswich via Mtn. Cotton, about 110kms, good climbs and nice scenery.