brisbane to gold coast diabetes australia ride

asterope

Jun 6, 2006
hi all, posted this in aus.bicycle... thought i might do the same here.

anyone else going to be doing the ride from southbank to the goldie on the 15th october?

asterope said:
hi all, posted this in aus.bicycle... thought i might do the same here.

anyone else going to be doing the ride from southbank to the goldie on the 15th october?

I am. A few of us in our club are getting together to do it both ways - down to the coast with eryone else, have lunch, and then ride back to Southbank. We've got about 5 takers sofar and expect more. There will be lots of others from Brissy we don't know doing this too, but anyone is welcome to join our little group. The pace won't be too hot - about the same as a 200 Audax which is easy to do in daylight. We'll be easy to find - a couple of racehorses and a few clydesdales in SCBTC jerseys.

cool... im looking for a bunch thats going to be doing the trip back too... i thought i might as well make a day of it :)
i'll keep an eye out for you all:) if you see a red road bike with a cookie monster jersey on it, say hi :)

asterope said:
cool... im looking for a bunch thats going to be doing the trip back too... i thought i might as well make a day of it :)
i'll keep an eye out for you all:) if you see a red road bike with a cookie monster jersey on it, say hi :)
im bumping this thread because its slowly creeping closer to the 15th...
anyone else from the forum doing this ride?

asterope said:
im bumping this thread because its slowly creeping closer to the 15th...
anyone else from the forum doing this ride?

Our group from Sunshine Coast is still on-track. We've got a couple of gals and four or five fellas. See you there.

Do you know what's the chances of getting a parking spot at the Convention Centre carpark at 5AM???

Also, we are considering not taking the detour to Jacob's Well - we've been told the road is pretty rough. What are your thoughts???