Brit wants to race in Australia

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Randomchris, Jun 16, 2003.

  1. Randomchris

    Randomchris Guest

    The subject says it all really!

    I'm taking a 'career break' in the not-too-distant future and am considering moving from Britain to
    Australia, partly for a break, partly for a change of scenery... have a look for some work and get
    out on the bike do the thing I love - racing.

    Does anyone have any advice for someone wanting to do this? Where is the best place in Australia for
    racing (and training)? The TDU is based around Adelaide, so I'm guessing the terrain may be better
    suited to interesting bike riding down there. Also, how does the racing work? Presumably you have a
    licence and accrue points, just like in the UK, but are there a mix of crits, time trials and road
    races to take part in? And what is the level of competition like?

    Any other pointers gratefully accepted!

    Cheers

    Chris

    Tags:

  2. Peter Vesel

    Peter Vesel Guest

    "RandomChris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > The subject says it all really!
    >
    > I'm taking a 'career break' in the not-too-distant future and am
    considering
    > moving from Britain to Australia, partly for a break, partly for a change of scenery... have a
    > look for some work and get out on the bike do the
    thing
    > I love - racing.
    >
    > Does anyone have any advice for someone wanting to do this? Where is the best place in Australia
    > for racing (and training)?

    N.S.W is currently the worst place to race as all racing has been banned from public roads that are
    not closed... and there aren't many of them

    Peter