British Eurosport

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Steve McGinty, Apr 11, 2004.

  1. What a pile of absolute cack..

    ..supposedly showing last two hours of P-R "re-live" but
    then cut from 40k - 4k to go.

    Regards! Stephen

    Tags:

  2. dailuggs

    dailuggs New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2003

    i admit that was annoying, but im brand new to digital tv so just really enjoying seeing all this cycling off the indoor tracks!

    well done to roger aswell

  3. Hegs

    Hegs Guest

    "Steve McGinty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > What a pile of absolute cack..
    >
    > ..supposedly showing last two hours of P-R "re-live" but
    > then cut from 40k - 4k to go.
    >
    > Regards! Stephen

    Absolutely!!

    It would have been more exiting watching the text updates on
    Cycling news.com.

    Could be worth investing in an analogue box and a
    second dish.

    Steve H

    ---
    virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.631 /
    Virus Database: 404 - Release Date: 17/03/2004

  4. Johnb

    Johnb Guest

    hegs wrote:

    > "Steve McGinty" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > message news:[email protected]...
    > > What a pile of absolute cack..

    > Absolutely!!
    >
    > It would have been more exiting watching the text updates
    > on Cycling news.com.

    Which five of us here did - waiting with baited breath for
    the next screen refresh.

    What a superb ride. If anyone deserves success it's Hammond.

    John B

  5. The Slapster

    The Slapster Guest

    Quite agree. And that bloody commentator should be pensioned
    off - he was dire!!!!!!
    --
    Regards from The Slapster, Cornwall, UK

    Who hopes to die peacefully - just like his Uncle, And not
    kicking and Screaming - Like his Uncles passengers!!

    "Steve McGinty" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...
    > What a pile of absolute cack..
    >
    > ..supposedly showing last two hours of P-R "re-live" but
    > then cut from 40k - 4k to go.
    >
    > Regards! Stephen

  6. Jan

    Jan Guest

    "dailuggs" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Steve McGinty wrote:
    > > What a pile of absolute cack.. ..supposedly showing
    > > last two hours of P-R "re-live" but then cut from 40k
    > > - 4k to go. Regards! Stephen
    >

    > i admit that was annoying, but im brand new to digital tv
    > so just really enjoying seeing all this cycling off the
    > indoor tracks!
    >
    > well done to roger aswell

    Fortunately we kept our anologue system when we got Sky
    Digital, so we watched the race live. But where was the
    presentation ceremony? Perhaps not shown on analogue live
    because of time constraints( Though they've fitted it in on
    other years). However they could have cut Duffields waffle
    on the British Eurosport broadcast and shown Roger Hammond
    on the podium.

    Much as I like DD....he and Sean Kelly proved today how good
    Dave Harmon(?)
    is. jeez who really wants a lecture on cranks during the
    Paris- Roubaix

  7. W K

    W K Guest

  8. Jan

    Jan Guest

    "W K" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "hegs" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > 02.news.uk.clara.net...
    >
    > > Could be worth investing in an analogue box and a
    > > second dish.
    >
    > So you can watch snooker?

    Both ARD & DSF show cycling not available on Eurosport.
    German Tour de France coverage also has profiles and
    interviews. Even though we only understand limited german
    its worth watching.

    And of course we did see the Paris -Roubaix live.

    Jan

  9. Hegs

    Hegs Guest

    "W K" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "hegs" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > 02.news.uk.clara.net...
    >
    > > Could be worth investing in an analogue box and a
    > > second dish.
    >
    > So you can watch snooker?

    Snooker is well catered for on British Eurosport. In fact I
    envisage them showing badly edited delayed coverage of the
    Olympic road race due to the coverage of the 2nd round of
    some dodgy snooker tournament. Or something.

    Steve H

    ---
    virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.631 /
    Virus Database: 404 - Release Date: 17/03/2004

  10. W K

    W K Guest

    "Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "W K" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > > So you can watch snooker?

    > And of course we did see the Paris -Roubaix live.

    My weekend was somewhat topsy turvy. I only had a quick look
    at the schedules, and saw only snooker.

    I am under instructions to bin the dish.

  11. Trealaw Boy

    Trealaw Boy Guest

    Steve McGinty <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > What a pile of absolute cack..
    >
    > ..supposedly showing last two hours of P-R "re-live" but
    > then cut from 40k - 4k to go.
    >
    > Regards! Stephen

    Yep, possibly the worst piece of video editing ever!

    Only missed both Museeuw and van Petegem puncturing in the
    final few KMs.

    Regards

    TB