British Eurosport's rubbish cycling coverage

Just watched Gent Wevelgem via the Eurosport website.... Guess I'm still happy with them although the commentators they had where talking seething heaps of **** about what was going on.

Eldrack said:
Just watched Gent Wevelgem via the Eurosport website.... Guess I'm still happy with them although the commentators they had where talking seething heaps of **** about what was going on.

Oh I know. The commentary was gash. Not to mention not even knowing who the riders were.

From Kentman

The best way to watch Eurosport international free
is to obtain an old analogue Tuner and set up a 60 cm dish on Astra 1 at 19.2 degrees East there are many unused Analogue tuners around in the UK because
most have up graded th SKY digital on Astra 2 at 28 degrees East and pay for British Eurosport. on the SKY platform.

Look on the positive side, I agree it's a shame that some of the races are cut into by other Sports but thanks to Eurosport I've been watching one race or another all season. I couldn't really bring myself to criticise them as if it wasn't for Eurosport the only races we would see in the UK is short highlights of the Tour de France and the British Premier calender highlights. None of the classics or other grand tours get so much as a mention on the sports at the end of the news.

Originally Posted by beached whale .

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinkel12 I believe we are getting Paris-Roubaix live here in Australia on SBS.
Yeah so i heard as well, finally they are branching out from only showing the tdf. Hopefully we get phil ligget commentating. I dont like the eurosport chaps much, dont show enough excitement.
You don't get much excitement from Kelly his (very) dry wit is an acquired taste perhaps, but Harmon gets pretty worked up, especially when there is a groupset or a motorbike to talk about. I don't mind the Scottish guy they have on from time to time - who is that again?

That said, I'm pretty sure the goofy guys that do the moto gp commentary just called Miguel Indurain the Eagle of Toledo.

Originally Posted by mrfrogger .

I don't mind the Scottish guy they have on from time to time - who is that again?
Brian Smith.

Originally Posted by mrfrogger .

You don't get much excitement from Kelly his (very) dry wit is an acquired taste perhaps, but Harmon gets pretty worked up, especially when there is a groupset or a motorbike to talk about.
Harmon-Kelly are the best partnership for me, although Magnus Bäckstedt-Carlton Kirby are good too.

I miss David Duffield though.

sean kelly is the worst commentator in d world australian comentators leave the irish for dead when they talk they at least take a breath. we get a stack of european races on sbs australia

Sean Kelly was a great champion, he knows what he is talking about and he doesn't show preference for any particular rider or country, very neutral in that sense, if there's one channel for which i would pay extra on cable tv it would be eurosport, but we don't have it :(

Originally Posted by vspa .

Sean Kelly was a great champion, he knows what he is talking about and he doesn't show preference for any particular rider or country, very neutral in that sense,
if there's one channel for which i would pay extra on cable tv it would be eurosport, but we don't have it /img/vbsmilies/smilies/frown.gif
Eurosports Cycling coverage has increased significantly since SKY started winning.

The quantity of races being shown is increasing all the time. For the past few weeks we've had the Giro covered daily followed by live coverage of the Tour of California.

I'd say that despite the increase in coverage there are fewer viewers because of all the doping problems.

Originally Posted by limerickman .

I'd say that despite the increase in coverage there are fewer viewers because of all the doping problems.
You hit the nail on the head with that one. The only good thing about Armstrong was that his winning ways enticed millions of Americans to tune in and watch the Tour. During his reign, we even got to watch the Giro d'Italia and Tour of Spain, along with some choice classics, and all of it live. Now viewership has taken an enormous tumble, and live coverage (and even taped) is going away quickly. I think millions of Lance fans in the U.S. have become so disenchanted that they don't want to be reminded of the whole mess by watching cycling on television. That was always the big danger of U.S. fans investing all of their emotional energy in one person. I guess they really weren't cycling fans after all.