British Say US Is Violent, Money-Hungry, Uncultured Nation

stevebaby said:
As was the so-called settlement of oz.This is vigorously denied by australian conservatives.
They do not regard a landing by armed marines,firing at the natives,running up the British flag and dispossessing them of their land as "invasion".

Yes, but who wrote the history book?

The days when Britain was a superpower with any diplomatic clout have long gone.
We are now a mere banana republic without even permission to go to war without U.S. say-so (they control all the nukes the U.K. has from Washington for that matter).
Militarily France is the only real power in Europe.
I was surprised to hear Jack Straw had been demoted recently after George Bush told Blair he should get rid of him.

2FAST4U said:
Well, England didn't give us "the" language...Unless you have some sort of documentation like a treaty or an agreement between England and the U.S. that states such...Anyway, our language is actually superior to the language you speak..We made some much needed improvements...

France hasn't defeated any army much less the brittish all on it's own. True we had some assistance from the french in the revolutionary war but the intentions of the french were to beat down on the brittish while they had "our boots" on the ground, not to help out the new Americans....

Don't think so...Eventually, we would have gained our independence...How many brittish colonies are left now?

Yeah I do...2 great uncles and one great grandfather died defending Europe...I'll remember to send "Europe" a thank you card...How many europeeins have died defending the U.S.? chirp chirp....

Nope...we took them!

MountainPro said:
yep, nice improvement...

i think you'll find that without the French to come along and liberate you, you would still be speaking the languange of your masters...oh, wait, you still are...
LOL...that is funny scotty...but what exactly is the "languangaue" of our masters?...Is that French for ugly plaid skirt or something??:p

2FAST4U said:
LOL...that is funny scotty...but what exactly is the "languangaue" of our masters?...Is that French for ugly plaid skirt or something??:p
hey charlie, i am allowed to deface the English languauuegge because i am British. Its in the British constitution...

whats your excuse?

Carrera said:
The days when Britain was a superpower with any diplomatic clout have long gone.
We are now a mere banana republic without even permission to go to war without U.S. say-so (they control all the nukes the U.K. has from Washington for that matter).
Militarily France is the only real power in Europe.
I was surprised to hear Jack Straw had been demoted recently after George Bush told Blair he should get rid of him.
what a crock...

you are deluded mate. There is a difference between the spinless bum-boy that heads our govt and the people that he supposedly represents.

A majority of UK citizens want to distance ourselves from the US politically. Blairs trans-atlantic **** licking puts him and his teams of nancy-boys firmly in a minority and utterly out of touch with public opinion...he may represent you on the international stage but not me..

I just want to thank everyone in this thread....anyone reading it through to the end is now even stupider thanks to being exposed to the retards bickering over this subject.

America is a great country...it isn't the only great country in the world.

You Aussies and Brits taking your shots are trying to sound so educated on America and you really don't know much about it..despite your ridiculous assertions.

The Americans in this thread...wake up. America isn't the only great nation on this planet. We might be the most powerful...but power alone doesn't make you great....at least IMHO.

So I know this might be a ridiculous request....but let's move on already.....you guys have already spread enough blind stupidity to cover the forum for at least a month or two.

:p

PS...I am an American....and I was taught French in High School....and I have been to other countries....and I don't have a nuclear weapon in my back yard....and I ride a bike.

BillM said:
I just want to thank everyone in this thread....anyone reading it through to the end is now even stupider thanks to being exposed to the retards bickering over this subject.

America is a great country...it isn't the only great country in the world.

You Aussies and Brits taking your shots are trying to sound so educated on America and you really don't know much about it..despite your ridiculous assertions.

The Americans in this thread...wake up. America isn't the only great nation on this planet. We might be the most powerful...but power alone doesn't make you great....at least IMHO.

So I know this might be a ridiculous request....but let's move on already.....you guys have already spread enough blind stupidity to cover the forum for at least a month or two.

:p

PS...I am an American....and I was taught French in High School....and I have been to other countries....and I don't have a nuclear weapon in my back yard....and I ride a bike.

Is it a nuclear bike?

BillM said:
Such as?

[....

which reminds me....America sucks.[/QUOTE]

I know you don't mean it.

The thread was,as usual,way off topic until Billm posted.Now we can go on and on and on and on......!
Thanks Bill!

It's true Blair doesn't represent the electorate. That's his own fault and the fault of his Party as the country has changed dramatically over the last decade or so. I sometimes think Blair may not even be aware of the changes.
The thing to bear in mind, though, is this: Britain under Thatcher was more powerful economically and militarily than today under Blair ( ask any army officer). :eek: So, it's almost impossible to imagine Blair refusing to follow Bush's lead, given we depend on the U.S. far more for defence, unlike France.
I mean, the Labour Party may complain, stamp their feet and suggest all sorts of compromises but it's Blair who has to actualy travel to Washington and represent the interests of the country.

MountainPro said:
what a crock...

you are deluded mate. There is a difference between the spinless bum-boy that heads our govt and the people that he supposedly represents.

A majority of UK citizens want to distance ourselves from the US politically. Blairs trans-atlantic **** licking puts him and his teams of nancy-boys firmly in a minority and utterly out of touch with public opinion...he may represent you on the international stage but not me..

Besides, I don't have much time for Bush Junior but what I can't figure out is why the majority of the population over here seem to hate Bush more than, say, the leader in Iran. Whenever I watch a BBC studio debate, the audience always seems to follow the same line that everything is the fault of the U.S.A., Israel is a Middle Eastern bully-boy and we are all supposed to dismiss the threat of Islamic terror and be more tolerant of fanatics.
I just don't think pacifism is the way to go when other countries attack you. Society over here has become way too ready to understand, too tolerant of intolerance and too pacific. I guess Blair's Party is to blame for that and now it rebounds on him. :(

MountainPro said:
what a crock...

stevebaby said:
Read the last 10 pages....you know what I am talking about and yet still you want to play stupid....if that's your deal then enjoy it.

stevebaby said:
The thread was,as usual,way off topic until Billm posted.Now we can go on and on and on and on......!
Thanks Bill!
You're welcome. Anything to help.