Briton's spending less on cycle helmets?

Danny Colyer

Guest
That's the implication of this report, which states that cycle helmets
have been "ejected from the basket" of goods used to calculate the rate
of inflation:
<URL:http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4369567.stm>

Small pets have been ejected from the basket as well, which is an image
I can't help enjoying, especially when I picture the small pets wearing
the cycle helmets.

"Danny Colyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> That's the implication of this report, which states that cycle helmets
> have been "ejected from the basket" of goods used to calculate the rate
> of inflation:
> <URL:http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4369567.stm>
>
> Small pets have been ejected from the basket as well, which is an image
> I can't help enjoying, especially when I picture the small pets wearing
> the cycle helmets.

Ahh, John Major's vision of Britain -- old maids cycling to church with
their dog, cat and plastic beanie in the wicker basket of their bike.

A whirl of snarling claw and fur, beanie and small dog (mortally injured)
ejected.

Vet asks "was he wearing a helmet?" while administering the coup de grace
from his ACME chemistry set.

On to the temple of suspicion, stirring sounds of Jerusalem -- a bright and
shining light in the sky, the whooosh of paving slab -- for old maid was
wearing bib shorts under her voluminous skirt.

PSF, visibly shrinking before ones eyes, returns triumphant, to darkest --
no, brightest (as she lights up her lighting array) -- Narfuk.

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 20:56:27 -0000, "Tony W"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"Danny Colyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> That's the implication of this report, which states that cycle helmets
>> have been "ejected from the basket" of goods used to calculate the rate
>> of inflation:
>> <URL:http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4369567.stm>
>>
>> Small pets have been ejected from the basket as well, which is an image
>> I can't help enjoying, especially when I picture the small pets wearing
>> the cycle helmets.

>Ahh, John Major's vision of Britain -- old maids cycling to church with
>their dog, cat and plastic beanie in the wicker basket of their bike.
>
>A whirl of snarling claw and fur, beanie and small dog (mortally injured)
>ejected.
>
>Vet asks "was he wearing a helmet?" while administering the coup de grace
>from his ACME chemistry set.
>
>On to the temple of suspicion, stirring sounds of Jerusalem -- a bright and
>shining light in the sky, the whooosh of paving slab -- for old maid was
>wearing bib shorts under her voluminous skirt.
>
>PSF, visibly shrinking before ones eyes, returns triumphant, to darkest --
>no, brightest (as she lights up her lighting array) -- Narfuk.

A pint of whatever Tony's having please.

Tim

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 20:56:27 -0000 someone who may be "Tony W"
<[email protected]> wrote this:-

>Vet asks "was he wearing a helmet?" while administering the coup de grace
>from his ACME chemistry set.

I suspect that in John Major's vision of Britain it would be a Merit
chemistry set:) Of course those that over-guard safety would have
heart failure at the thought of such a thing today.

prevents me by using the RIP Act 2000.