Brits find Frenchies rude and boring

DiabloScott said:
Snails are gross, but have you ever seen (or smelled) andouillette? OMG!

I deny that I was ever dated a girl named Andouilette!

jhuskey said:
I deny that I was ever dated a girl named Andouilette!
Deny all you want but we have the videotape of you leaving her apartment at 3am last friday night. And don't use the excuse you were there just getting a blood transfusion.

micron said:
Excellent point, Heinkel. You also have to remember that the TdF, the big showcase of cycling, was forced to go international in the 70s whereas the Vuelta and the Giro have stayed pretty much Spanish and Italian races respectively, giving home riders much greater opportunity to gain experience at GT level.

And it's quite true that most French kids would rather play football or basketball than get out and ride a bike
Another possibility could be that the French media has such a desire to see a true contender, that the pressure to perform could be overwhelming. Here in the USA, New York's media is such a circus when it comesto their teams, the athletes either thrive or fail miserable because they can't handle the pressure. I dont live in France, so I can't speak for if this the exact reason, but I imagine it has affect. HInault had the personality to handle it.

Every sport and/or country wants to the duplication if its heros. Example, IN Basketball, the media has been dying to see another Michael Jordan, and every kid for the past 20 years when he shows promise has been labeled the "next MJ", and it took quite a while to find one that can be in (Kobe Bryant). Such is France wanting another Hinault, Belgium wanting another Eddy, Spain wanting another Indurain, and the US wanting another Armstrong.

I remember Moreau and Virenque were both suppose to be the next TDF winner, and Virenque managed to podium, but Moreau never lived up to the hype. Someone will eventual come along and take the mantle, just need to give it time to work itself out.

Hahaha..good one wolfix..:D
DiabloScott said:
Snails are gross, but have you ever seen (or smelled) andouillette? OMG!
What`s that? I checked some photos on google but didn`t get any idea what that is!:confused:

Capt.Injury said:
Another possibility could be that the French media has such a desire to see a true contender, that the pressure to perform could be overwhelming.
Very unlikely. Maybe in sports where you have to concentrate a lot. E.g. skiing and ski jumping but I doubt that can be a big factor in cycling, where strength and tactics are the most important.

Virenque said:
Hahaha..good one wolfix..:D What`s that? I checked some photos on google but didn`t get any idea what that is!:confused:
This is Andouilette.

Virenque said:
Very unlikely. Maybe in sports where you have to concentrate a lot. E.g. skiing and ski jumping but I doubt that can be a big factor in cycling, where strength and tactics are the most important.
I think lots of people risk cracking under the pressure, especially when it comes to holding the jersey and fighting for the win in a three week grand tour.

wolfix said:
Deny all you want but we have the videotape of you leaving her apartment at 3am last friday night. And don't use the excuse you were there just getting a blood transfusion.

Ok ,but she don't smell that bad.

Powerful Pete said:
I think lots of people risk cracking under the pressure, especially when it comes to holding the jersey and fighting for the win in a three week grand tour.
But they never fight for the GC win in a GT. There were 3 French in top 30 in last year`s TdF. That tells all.