broken ankle

Goatman!

Guest
On thursday night I was hanging out with a few of my friends. I was
riding my BC wheel around, having a great time until..
I went to do a rooling mount like I usually do. I landed it perfectly,
going not fast at all, probably 2-3 mph. I decided that I didnt want to
ride anymore, so i stepped of with my left foot. When I stepped off, my
toe caught the carpet and all of my weight went onto my ankle. SNAP!
the snap was so loud that my friend could hear it from the other room.
Within 15 Minutes, it looked like there was a tennis ball on the side
of my ankle. so we went to the emergency room, and they took X-rays of
it. I have a fracture on my growth plate in my ankle. So that sucks
major. 2 months without riding at all. Has anyone else broken any bones
unicycling or Riding the BC wheel?

--
Goatman!

'I Was Born A Poor Black Child.' (http://tinyurl.com/p2wne)
click my sig for a good time.:eek:
nipples
Goatman!'s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8155

Man, I'm sorry, that is sad.
I haven't broken anything riding a unicycle, but I broke my foot once,
which rendered me uniless.
Anyway, now you can come post in MR a lot.

--
James_Potter

i still believe that all you need is love...john
lennon
mikael atkinson
jonny peacock is my main man.
mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
*President of the 'MRIS' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)*

I almost broke my ankle 2 days ago =p, i was supposed to go easy one it
and keep it in its cast, but today i was riding without the cast for
about 5 hours, it feels fine now, so tomorrow should be almost perfect,
spraining my ankle and bruising the bone sucks! lol

--
Jerrick

Currently learning to Wheel Walk, coast, ride backwards one-footed,
180-unispin, and seat drag\pushes =p

Wish me luck!

My worst fall was really funny actully. Im didnt break my ancle or
anything though. I sidehopped down a small set but a foot came off my
pedal on the side i was hopping to. I landed there, rolled that ancle,
fell down, hit my back, rolled and hit my head a bit. It wasnt too
painful, but funny as hell.

Anyway, that sucks. Get well soon!

--
Eroick

'The Unicyclopedia!' (http://unicyclopedia.org/)
Help us make it better!
Eroick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10884

Evan broke his arm on his BC wheel, clearing a big piramid thing.

--
litldude2

Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer
Litldude2 (att) aol (dott) com
MR 'Reply 60,000' (http://tinyurl.com/qbhsa) 'Page 4000'
(http://tinyurl.com/lyfj4)

Goatman! wrote:
> Why do people always have to get the worst injuries, doing the easiest
> stuff. all i did is step off the thing, and my toe caught.

Yeah, its wierd. I just hopped down a 2 set, something that I never
have any problem with... Ever. Except that time. I think that people
are more cauious when they are doing bigger stuff. Maybe when you are
doing something big, you think about it more?

--

tomsey wrote:

> ...got milk???

No kidding! lol, ive always drank milk, and lots of it, and i guess
that helped prevent my ankle from actually breaking when i wrecked,
doctor said i had some of the strongest bones hes seen in years =p

--
Jerrick

Currently learning to Wheel Walk, coast, ride backwards one-footed,
180-unispin, and seat drag\pushes =p

Wish me luck!

I hurt myself dismounting a BC wheel the same way you did, but I was in
sand. And I didn't break my ankle, I just sprained my foot (is that
even possible?).

I almost broke my arm learning to ride backwards, too and it hurt for
several weeks. Being injured sucks.

--
Spudman

*| B B|* This space owned by Fly ':cool:'
*| I O |* This space owned by Frees*TYLER!*
*| L A |* *MERCYME owns this space!!!* . . . . . . . . .*X*
<--Chosen's spot
*| L R |* This space owned by unijesse
*|__'-' (www.selectric.org)____'D'
(http://www.cathodecorner.com/nixiewatch/index.html)___|* This space
rendered by forrest. . . . . A spot for Evan Byrne--> *X*
Spudman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10752

tomsey wrote:
> xav just broke his ankle too.

How did he do that?

--

Goatman! wrote:
> ....When I stepped off, my toe caught the _*carpet*_ and all of my
> weight went onto my ankle. ....

MAn that sucks! Get better soon!

Carpet? Were you riding in your house?:confused:

--
terrybigwheel

Impotence: Nature's Way Of Saying "No Hard Feelings".

Uni is just a cycle I'm going through. :cool:

You -can- "Tune a fish". You simply adjust their "scales"! :D
terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

I have not yet borken any bones, however the other day i hopped over the
back of a bench, about 3-4ft perfectly twice, on the third attempt i
jared my ancle and was in agony for about 3-4 mins, i tried it again
and the same thing happened. i don't jump benches anymore :(

--
olmasters
olmasters's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11921

ooh you broke the growth plate? that REALLY sucks, dude. if you break
the growth plate, it stops growing until its healed but the same growth
plate in the other leg still grows. you're going to end up with a limp,
man. unless they like surgically lengthen your leg. :D

--
unitoon

[image: http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/8607/uni1tm.gif]
unitoon's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12011