broken ankle

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by Goatman!, Apr 15, 2006.

  1. Goatman!

    Goatman! Guest

    On thursday night I was hanging out with a few of my friends. I was
    riding my BC wheel around, having a great time until..
    I went to do a rooling mount like I usually do. I landed it perfectly,
    going not fast at all, probably 2-3 mph. I decided that I didnt want to
    ride anymore, so i stepped of with my left foot. When I stepped off, my
    toe caught the carpet and all of my weight went onto my ankle. SNAP!
    the snap was so loud that my friend could hear it from the other room.
    Within 15 Minutes, it looked like there was a tennis ball on the side
    of my ankle. so we went to the emergency room, and they took X-rays of
    it. I have a fracture on my growth plate in my ankle. So that sucks
    major. 2 months without riding at all. Has anyone else broken any bones
    unicycling or Riding the BC wheel?

    --
    Goatman!

    'I Was Born A Poor Black Child.' (http://tinyurl.com/p2wne)
    click my sig for a good time.:eek:
    nipples
    Goatman!'s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8155

  2. James_Potter

    James_Potter Guest

    Man, I'm sorry, that is sad.
    I haven't broken anything riding a unicycle, but I broke my foot once,
    which rendered me uniless.
    Anyway, now you can come post in MR a lot.

    --
    James_Potter

    i still believe that all you need is love...john
    lennon
    mikael atkinson
    jonny peacock is my main man.
    mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
    *President of the 'MRIS' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)*

  3. Jerrick

    Jerrick Guest

    I almost broke my ankle 2 days ago =p, i was supposed to go easy one it
    and keep it in its cast, but today i was riding without the cast for
    about 5 hours, it feels fine now, so tomorrow should be almost perfect,
    spraining my ankle and bruising the bone sucks! lol

    --
    Jerrick

    Currently learning to Wheel Walk, coast, ride backwards one-footed,
    180-unispin, and seat drag\pushes =p

    Wish me luck!

  4. Eroick

    Eroick Guest

    My worst fall was really funny actully. Im didnt break my ancle or
    anything though. I sidehopped down a small set but a foot came off my
    pedal on the side i was hopping to. I landed there, rolled that ancle,
    fell down, hit my back, rolled and hit my head a bit. It wasnt too
    painful, but funny as hell.

    Anyway, that sucks. Get well soon!

    --
    Eroick

    'The Unicyclopedia!' (http://unicyclopedia.org/)
    Help us make it better!
    Eroick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10884

  5. litldude2

    litldude2 Guest

    Evan broke his arm on his BC wheel, clearing a big piramid thing.

    --
    litldude2

    Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer
    Litldude2 (att) aol (dott) com
    MR 'Reply 60,000' (http://tinyurl.com/qbhsa) 'Page 4000'
    (http://tinyurl.com/lyfj4)

    James_Potter wrote:
    > I think we could just apply the same cure we use for bread, to humans.
    > just scrape off the cancer with a butter knife, then put jelly on it,
    > and eat it...mmmmmm

  6. Goatman!

    Goatman! Guest

  7. Eroick

    Eroick Guest

    Goatman! wrote:
    > Why do people always have to get the worst injuries, doing the easiest
    > stuff. all i did is step off the thing, and my toe caught.

    Yeah, its wierd. I just hopped down a 2 set, something that I never
    have any problem with... Ever. Except that time. I think that people
    are more cauious when they are doing bigger stuff. Maybe when you are
    doing something big, you think about it more?

    --
    Eroick

    'The Unicyclopedia!' (http://unicyclopedia.org/)
    Help us make it better!
    Eroick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10884

  8. tomsey

    tomsey Guest

    xav just broke his ankle too. and this guy cant come to our street
    weekend from a broken ankle trying to grind. i just got 2 words for all
    of you.

    ...got milk???

    --
    tomsey

    damn you, damn the brocholli and damn the wright brothers!
    tomsey's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7038

  9. Jerrick

    Jerrick Guest

    tomsey wrote:

    > ...got milk???

    No kidding! lol, ive always drank milk, and lots of it, and i guess
    that helped prevent my ankle from actually breaking when i wrecked,
    doctor said i had some of the strongest bones hes seen in years =p

    --
    Jerrick

    Currently learning to Wheel Walk, coast, ride backwards one-footed,
    180-unispin, and seat drag\pushes =p

    Wish me luck!

  10. Spudman

    Spudman Guest

    I hurt myself dismounting a BC wheel the same way you did, but I was in
    sand. And I didn't break my ankle, I just sprained my foot (is that
    even possible?).

    I almost broke my arm learning to ride backwards, too and it hurt for
    several weeks. Being injured sucks.

    --
    Spudman

    *| B B|* This space owned by Fly ':cool:'
    *| I O |* This space owned by Frees*TYLER!*
    *| L A |* *MERCYME owns this space!!!* . . . . . . . . .*X*
    <--Chosen's spot
    *| L R |* This space owned by unijesse
    *|__'-' (www.selectric.org)____'D'
    (http://www.cathodecorner.com/nixiewatch/index.html)___|* This space
    rendered by forrest. . . . . A spot for Evan Byrne--> *X*
    Spudman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10752

  11. litldude2

    litldude2 Guest

    tomsey wrote:
    > xav just broke his ankle too.

    How did he do that?

    --

    James_Potter wrote:
    > I think we could just apply the same cure we use for bread, to humans.
    > just scrape off the cancer with a butter knife, then put jelly on it,
    > and eat it...mmmmmm

  12. dorfman

    dorfman Guest

  13. Goatman! wrote:
    > ....When I stepped off, my toe caught the _*carpet*_ and all of my
    > weight went onto my ankle. ....

    MAn that sucks! Get better soon!

    Carpet? Were you riding in your house?:confused:

    --
    terrybigwheel

    Impotence: Nature's Way Of Saying "No Hard Feelings".

    Uni is just a cycle I'm going through. :cool:

    You -can- "Tune a fish". You simply adjust their "scales"! :D
    terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

  14. Goatman!

    Goatman! Guest

  15. olmasters

    olmasters Guest

    I have not yet borken any bones, however the other day i hopped over the
    back of a bench, about 3-4ft perfectly twice, on the third attempt i
    jared my ancle and was in agony for about 3-4 mins, i tried it again
    and the same thing happened. i don't jump benches anymore :(

    --
    olmasters
    olmasters's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11921

  16. unitoon

    unitoon Guest

    ooh you broke the growth plate? that REALLY sucks, dude. if you break
    the growth plate, it stops growing until its healed but the same growth
    plate in the other leg still grows. you're going to end up with a limp,
    man. unless they like surgically lengthen your leg. :D

    --
    unitoon

    [image: http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/8607/uni1tm.gif]
    unitoon's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12011

  17. Chrashing

    Chrashing Guest

  18. Evan Byrne

    Evan Byrne Guest

    Aww man that sucks, Yeah i broke my arm, im off the wheel for 6 months.

    --
    Evan Byrne

    "Guns cause crime like flies cause garbage." -Harper

    "My nuts are allways loose, i have to twist them with my fingers"
    -Spencer
    Evan Byrne's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9367

  19. Goatman!

    Goatman! Guest