broken brompton pedal

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Congokid, Oct 9, 2003.

  1. Congokid

    Congokid Guest

    On my way home tonight my folding Brompton pedal broke - the metal sheared just as I was moving off
    from a traffic light and I nearly put my foot through the tarmac.

    Has this happened anyone before? I've checked on archived posts but can only see a reference to the
    non-folding plastic Brompton pedal. Mine was the metal (looks like aluminium but I don't know what
    it is) original that came with the bike just over two years ago. I've only ever cycled to and from
    work on it, about 11 miles total five days a week.

    There's not much information about it in the owners' manual.

    --
    congokid Eating out in London? Read my tips... http://congokid.com

    Tags:

  2. Orienteer

    Orienteer Guest

    "congokid" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > On my way home tonight my folding Brompton pedal broke - the metal sheared just as I was moving
    > off from a traffic light and I nearly put my foot through the tarmac.
    >
    > Has this happened anyone before? I've checked on archived posts but can only see a reference to
    > the non-folding plastic Brompton pedal. Mine was the metal (looks like aluminium but I don't know
    > what it is) original that came with the bike just over two years ago. I've only ever cycled to and
    > from work on it, about 11 miles total five days a week.
    >
    > There's not much information about it in the owners' manual.
    >
    > --
    > congokid Eating out in London? Read my tips... http://congokid.com

    I would contact Brompton about it; I understand they take a responsible attitude to such failures.