Broken foot - on the mend

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Spademan O----L, Jun 9, 2003.

  1. Hey folks,

    As Shaun has kindly let you know a few weeks back I broke my foot, and had to have an op to set it
    straight. Unfortunately for you lot there is not much else to say, no gory details or "circus of
    horrors" photos of a mangled barely recognisable foot... Been back to the Docs and all seems to be
    on the mend. I had some pins set in to keep the bones straight, but they should come out in a week.
    After that its probably going to be a few weeks of physio and then hopefully back to normal,
    although I may start back initially with some road rides as my stay in hospital has brought out the
    masochist in me...

    As Shaun mentioned I broke my foot on my BMX, where an under-rotated 360 (I'm still trying to learn
    them) led to me putting my foot out on landing, followed by a "holy sh*t my foot hurts". Could have
    been worse, ankle injuries take much longer to heal, just a bit bummed I've missed so much of the
    limited (in the UK) trail season.

    Thanks to everyone who wished a speedy recovery,

    Steve E.

    Tags:

  2. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    spademan o---[) * <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hey folks,
    >
    > As Shaun has kindly let you know a few weeks back I broke my foot, and had to have an op to set it
    > straight. Unfortunately for you lot there is not much else to say, no gory details or "circus of
    > horrors" photos of a
    mangled
    > barely recognisable foot... Been back to the Docs and all seems to be on
    the
    > mend. I had some pins set in to keep the bones straight, but they should come out in a week. After
    > that its probably going to be a few weeks of physio and then hopefully back to normal, although I
    > may start back initially with some road rides as my stay in hospital has brought out the masochist
    > in me...

    You are a sick man.........

    > As Shaun mentioned I broke my foot on my BMX, where an under-rotated 360 (I'm still trying to
    > learn them) led to me putting my foot out on landing, followed by a "holy sh*t my foot
    > hurts". Could have been worse, ankle injuries take much longer to heal, just a bit bummed
    > I've missed so much
    of
    > the limited (in the UK) trail season.

    Ya shoulda been on a grown-up's bike, ya daft bugger.

    > Thanks to everyone who wished a speedy recovery,
    >
    > Steve E.

    Yeah - heal up soon ya gimp ',:~}~

    Shaun aRe

  3. spademan says:

    >Hey folks,

    Hey yourself!

    >Unfortunately for you lot there is not much else to say, no gory details or "circus of horrors"
    >photos of a mangled barely recognisable foot...

    Happy to hear that.

    >After that its probably going to be a few weeks of physio and then hopefully back to normal,

    Woo-Hoo!

    >although I may start back initially with some road rides as my stay in hospital has brought out the
    >masochist in me...

    Sicko/Psycho......

    >Thanks to everyone who wished a speedy recovery,

    Any time - just don't make a habit of it.

    Steve

  4. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    spademan o---[) * wrote:

    > Thanks to everyone who wished a speedy recovery,

    Glad to hear you're on your way back Steve.

  5. "spademan o---[) *" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hey folks,
    >
    > As Shaun has kindly let you know a few weeks back I broke my foot, and had to have an op to set it
    > straight. Unfortunately for you lot there is not much else to say, no gory details or "circus of
    > horrors" photos of a
    mangled
    > barely recognisable foot... Been back to the Docs and all seems to be on
    the
    > mend. I had some pins set in to keep the bones straight, but they should come out in a week. After
    > that its probably going to be a few weeks of physio and then hopefully back to normal, although I
    > may start back initially with some road rides as my stay in hospital has brought out the masochist
    > in me...
    >
    > As Shaun mentioned I broke my foot on my BMX, where an under-rotated 360

    What's that? A 350?

  6. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

  7. "bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > James Messick wrote:
    >
    > >>As Shaun mentioned I broke my foot on my BMX, where an under-rotated 360
    > >

    > > What's that? A 350?
    >
    > Nah, you can easily ride out of 350, it's when it's nearer 270 that you get the problems.

    I believe it was somewhere between 270 and 360, although with all the pain coming from my foot I
    forgot to measure exactly. As soon as I am back on the bike I will try again and take more notice...

    Steve E.