Broken seat/EZ Sport

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Paul Harris, Jul 1, 2003.

  1. Paul Harris

    Paul Harris Guest

    Hello:

    The seat back on my EZ Sport Ltd broke today. The aluminum tubing fractured just to one side of
    where the bottom pivot is welded. The bike has around 1,800 km on it, all fairly aggressive
    pedaling. I assume it fractured due to flexing.

    Question 1: Would this be normal?

    Question 2: I'm fairly heavy, and would that be complicit in the failure? I assume not, because the
    stress on the seat back is mainly from pedaling force, not from my weight.

    The bicycle is still under warrantee, so I'm also assuming that my LBS will replace it with no
    questions asked, but I wonder if this is something I'll have to deal with on a regular basis.

    Thanks for any imput.

    Paul Harris Victoria, BC

    Tags:

  2. Paul Harris

    Paul Harris Guest

  3. Bentnut

    Bentnut Guest

    The seat backs are being upgraded with heavier tubing in the near future.

    Gabriel DeVault Easy Racers

    "Paul Harris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:010720031401389977%[email protected]...
    > Hello:
    >
    > The seat back on my EZ Sport Ltd broke today. The aluminum tubing fractured just to one side of
    > where the bottom pivot is welded. The bike has around 1,800 km on it, all fairly aggressive
    > pedaling. I assume it fractured due to flexing.
    >
    > Question 1: Would this be normal?
    >
    > Question 2: I'm fairly heavy, and would that be complicit in the failure? I assume not, because
    > the stress on the seat back is mainly from pedaling force, not from my weight.
    >
    > The bicycle is still under warrantee, so I'm also assuming that my LBS will replace it with no
    > questions asked, but I wonder if this is something I'll have to deal with on a regular basis.
    >
    > Thanks for any imput.
    >
    > Paul Harris Victoria, BC

  4. Paul Harris

    Paul Harris Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, wrote:

    > The seat backs are being upgraded with heavier tubing in the near future.
    >
    > Gabriel DeVault Easy Racers

    Thanks Gabriel. My LBS just replaced the back from the bike this morning. They took the back from a
    bicycle in stock and gave it to me. They're great guys (Fairfield Bicycles, Victoria, BC, if
    anyone's shopping here).

    Do you know long the warrantee is for on these parts?

    Paul