Broken septum-what could happen..?

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Zolo, Feb 21, 2004.

  1. Zolo

    Zolo Guest

    Before one year i got in boxing strong punch in my nose.Since then i have had problems with
    breathing. The Doctor said me that it is a broken septum.My left side of nose is "damaged"(unable to
    give me oxygen)so i can`t breath on her,just very hard on my right one.The Doctor said also that i
    must take surgery to make it right but i don`t want to go on operation cause there is a big chanche
    that the problem will show up again because further boxing,and things could maby get more seriously
    then before operation.

    I ask you :How much damage can this problem give me on other "things" :specialy on my EARING (can i
    lose my sensitivity on ears?).What could also happenwith my LUNGES,and "organs IN NECK" Please tell
    me the risks of not taking the operation. When i blow throw the nose or i am "sucking " it inside i
    feel presure on ears. Thanks

    Tags:

  2. Kent H.

    Kent H. Guest

    You never have to have a septoplasty. It is done to allow breathing through both sides. Breathing on
    one side doesn't create a health hazard. The operation is safe when done under local anesthesia, and
    the result is usually fairly predictable. Don't do it if you are going to continue boxing. Don't
    ever think you have to do it. Make sure it is done by an ENT man, and not anyone else. i.e. plastic
    surgeon, or G.P. or General Surgeon Cheers, Kent