Broken septum-what could happen..?

Z

Zolo

Before one year i got in boxing strong punch in my nose.Since then i have had problems with
breathing. The Doctor said me that it is a broken septum.My left side of nose is "damaged"(unable to
give me oxygen)so i can`t breath on her,just very hard on my right one.The Doctor said also that i
must take surgery to make it right but i don`t want to go on operation cause there is a big chanche
that the problem will show up again because further boxing,and things could maby get more seriously
then before operation.

I ask you :How much damage can this problem give me on other "things" :specialy on my EARING (can i
lose my sensitivity on ears?).What could also happenwith my LUNGES,and "organs IN NECK" Please tell
me the risks of not taking the operation. When i blow throw the nose or i am "sucking " it inside i
feel presure on ears. Thanks

You never have to have a septoplasty. It is done to allow breathing through both sides. Breathing on
one side doesn't create a health hazard. The operation is safe when done under local anesthesia, and
the result is usually fairly predictable. Don't do it if you are going to continue boxing. Don't
ever think you have to do it. Make sure it is done by an ENT man, and not anyone else. i.e. plastic
surgeon, or G.P. or General Surgeon Cheers, Kent

zolo wrote:
>
> Before one year i got in boxing strong punch in my nose.Since then i have had problems with
> breathing. The Doctor said me that it is a broken septum.My left side of nose is "damaged"(unable
> to give me oxygen)so i can`t breath on her,just very hard on my right one.The Doctor said also
> that i must take surgery to make it right but i don`t want to go on operation cause there is a big
> chanche that the problem will show up again because further boxing,and things could maby get more
> seriously then before operation.
>
> I ask you :How much damage can this problem give me on other "things" :specialy on my EARING (can
> i lose my sensitivity on ears?).What could also happenwith my LUNGES,and "organs IN NECK" Please
> tell me the risks of not taking the operation. When i blow throw the nose or i am "sucking " it
> inside i feel presure on ears. Thanks