Broken titanium clavicle plate

willy81 said:
then why Doctors don't alarm their patients that something is wrong?
Who says they don't? My doctors did, so apparently some doctors do. In fact, I'm willing to wager that it would be hard to find a doctor who saw a non-union and didn't tell his or her patient about it. Further, I did not say that all non-unions appear on simple x-rays. Sometimes it requires a more discrete study like a CT, a stress x-ray, or even a bone scan. Why are you looking to blame someone?

in the first page of this thread there are some people complaining that their plate/screws broke after several months of the operation.
for example, SLAKKER at post #5 and #10 in this thread says that the plate broke after almost 3 years,
this means that the bone never formed a union, so his Doctor says.

Wht did not his doctor warn him earlier, if a non-union is noticeable on X-rays?

willy81 said:
in the first page of this thread there are some people complaining that their plate/screws broke after several months of the operation. for example, SLAKKER at post #5 and #10 in this thread says that the plate broke after almost 3 years, this means that the bone never formed a union, so his Doctor says. Wht did not his doctor warn him earlier, if a non-union is noticeable on X-rays?
First, I did not say all non-unions were visible on x-ray. Go back and read what I said. I mentioned other imaging techniques that can and sometimes need to be used. Second, neither you, I, nor just about anyone else in the thread know why those plates and screws broke or what the doctors found; when they found it; what was going on with the patients' injuries; what the patients' medical histories were; blah blah blah. Hell, we only know what they claim. So, there. I guess you're still not a doctor, and you still don't understand that every case is unique, that medicine isn't a paint-by-numbers profession. One broken collarbone is not the same as another broken collarbone. Part of the stupidity of people coming here to seek advice (Golly, strangers: should I have surgery or not) is that not only are the injuries not always the same, a lot of the readers and advice seekers apparently don't ask their doctors questions, misread what they find here, and make assumptions that are very bad. You're doing the same. You want to know what happened in the cases you mentioned? Then get a medical degree, gain access to their medical files, and then study the cases so you can form an opinion. For the sake of the gods, this is a freakin' bicycle forum, not an orthopedic surgery conference. When I have questions, I ask my doctor. When I've broken things, I didn't go on the internet weeping and looking for advice. If I didn't like or trust what a doctor said, I got a second and in one case, a third opinion. One thing I've refused to do is use the internet as a way to diagnose injuries or illnesses or to crowdsource my plans of action. People taking medical advice from complete strangers is about the most asinine thing I've ever seen and one of the worst aspects of the internet. An orthopedic surgeon not only puts in 4 years of college, but also does 4 years of medical school and 5 years of surgical/orthopedic surgery residency. That adds up to 9 years of medical training. The punters on a bicycle forum are only required to have access to an internet connected computer. Once on the 'net, they can claim to be anyone they want and have any number of motivations for offering whatever information or advice--be it true, faulty, or outright fabrication--they spew. I suggest you contact Slakker, meet with him, and then together visit his orthopedic surgeon for a question and answer session. Discussing old injuries is fun sometimes. A lot of the advice handed out in this particular thread, particular all the advice telling someone to have surgery or to not have surgery, isn't worth the electrons used to transmit the data and form the images in this thread.

Originally Posted by alienator .

I suggest you contact Slakker, meet with him, and then together visit his orthopedic surgeon for a question and answer session.

I knew it that you can't answer my question.

BTW, Doctors are human beings and as human beings they have weaknesses too, either it is negligence or lack of knowledge/experience.

and something else I always suggest people to have the surgery because a broken bone will never align correctly without a surgery unless you believe it will. Probably if your name is Harry Potter.

willy81 said:
I knew it that you can't answer my question. BTW, Doctors are human beings and as human beings they have weaknesses too, either it is negligence or lack of knowledge/experience. and something else I always suggest people to have the surgery because a broken bone will never align correctly without a surgery unless you believe it will. Probably if your name is Harry Potter.
Wow. Your ignorance really outshines anything else you do. Broken bones won't align correctly without surgery? Says you, a punter? Golly, I guess my poor collarbone and the 4 pieces it was in must have been lucky that I was unknowingly--what was your stupid reference--Harry Potter? I can't wait to tell my friends, and more importantly, I can't wait to put it to Ginny Weasley 'cuz she's smokin' hot. You have absolutely failed to prove anything close to malpractice or even error on the part of anyone's doctors. You've only made cowardly accusations, hidden behind your computer screen, accusations which don't have a mote of evidence to support them. You know absolutely nothing about the topic except that once you got a collarbone boo-boo. More telling about your ignorance the following statement from you:
Princess ***** said:
I knew it that you can't answer my question.
Well, shite, *****: I'm not and wasn't the doctor for those people, now was I? You can't answer your own question because you don't know the complete story of those injuries, princess. You're reckless with what you allege about doctors and even more reckless to recommend surgery in every case. Of course, someone would have to be a complete idiot to take your advice. I freely admit I'm no doctor, yet I gave you a short list of many reasons for non-unions and methods for visualizing non-unions. You then did the ignorant thing and came up with some bizarre answer that doesn't hold water. Maybe you're just a troll and aren't really as ignorant as you seem.

willy81 said:
Science  
Then explain the science, Wily. This is going to be fun. You do understand that an answer of "science" is not an answer, right? Science explains much, but you have to demonstrate an understanding of the underlying science to explain your answer, something which you have yet to do. Please, please do try, though.

Do you want me to prove that Doctors, as humans, make mistakes and have weaknesses too?

hahahahahahahaha

OK
you are right Doctors never make mistakes, is this what you want us to believe?

hahahahahahahaha

Not even Harry Potter sad that!

hahahahahahahaha

willy81 said:
Do you want me to prove that Doctors, as humans, make mistakes and have weaknesses too? hahahahahahahaha OK you are right Doctors never make mistakes, is this what you want us to believe? hahahahahahahaha   Not even Harry Potter sad that! hahahahahahahaha
Ah, so that's your argument: that doctors make mistakes. Well, cupcake, no one has said they don't. With that said, there's absolutely no evidence of any sort that you have that indicates that doctor's made mistakes in the cases you mentioned. Since you don't have the medical files for those cases, it's pretty much impossible for to make any reasoned judgement like that. Further, you didn't use an iota of science. So, with all that in mind, your "proof" is a big fail.

willy81 said:
now you are more reasonable
I've been reasonable all along. You however have been unable to understand anything that's been said, and you, again, have zero evidence for claims of malpractice or medical error. I'm still waiting for your alleged "science". Waiting, princess.

unreasonable and completely lack of elementary common sense!
i feel sorry for you

willy81 said:
unreasonable and completely lack of elementary common sense! i feel sorry for you
That's your evidence? Where is the lack of elementary common sense, girlfriend? Eh? Please, point it out and be specific. Keep in mind you have zero knowledge of case history, except for own, in your corner. You keep evading the science which you claimed you were going to wield. Come one. Give it a try. Please. Without anything else to offer, it appears you have zero of substance to offer on the topic of non-unions, their tx, and any possible related malpractice or medical error.

willy81 said:
and vulgar, i tell your mom and she will not buy you an ice cream today
I see you've nothing to offer except proof of your ignorance. It's hard to believe that you claimed you were going to use "science". My guess is that looking science up in a dictionary is about the most you can do with science....or critical thought. You've failed to respond to anything on point. You've offered nothing. You've shown no facts or concrete reasoning. Alas, you're a troll.