Broken wheel

Bruce Deschacht

Guest
One day I was out riding my bike, when i accidentally crashed into a wall and fell over, and then
found that the back wheel was scraping against that bar on the side of it (i'm a novice with bikes,
don't know what it's called) and then and the peddles wouldn't turn, even though i peddeled as hard
as i could, and only moves if i pull it back, but it goes back straight away!!! i haven't told
anyone, i need to fix it quick please tell me how to fix it.

P.S The wheel is not bent

"Bruce Deschacht" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> One day I was out riding my bike, when i accidentally crashed into a wall and fell over, and then
> found that the back wheel was scraping against
that
> bar on the side of it (i'm a novice with bikes, don't know what it's
called)
> and then and the peddles wouldn't turn, even though i peddeled as hard as
> could, and only moves if i pull it back, but it goes back straight away!!!
> haven't told anyone, i need to fix it quick please tell me how to fix it.
>
> P.S The wheel is not bent

Take it to your local bicycle shop. Let them fix it for you.

- CA-G

Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

I AM 12 I CAN'T AFFORD THAT, AND ITS MY DADS BIKE!!!!!!!!!!! I NEED IT FIXED BY MYSELF NO
MATTER WHAT!!!!

"Bruce Deschacht" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I AM 12 I CAN'T AFFORD THAT, AND ITS MY DADS BIKE!!!!!!!!!!! I NEED IT
FIXED
> BY MYSELF NO MATTER WHAT!!!!

maybe tell your dad you broke the wheel and offer to work off the cost of the repair with yardwork
or other child labor.

Penny

ps turn off the all caps.

PLEASE NO!!!!!!!!! just tell me what to do, i'm desperate! :((

"Bruce Deschacht" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> PLEASE NO!!!!!!!!! just tell me what to do, i'm desperate! :((

Kid, fess up and tell your dad what happened. Its just a bike, I am sure he will understand...

- CA-G

Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

Oh no he won't he made me take apart his PDA when i broke it to fix it!!! i got 5 electric shocks
and had to go to hospital

Bruce Deschacht wrote:
> Oh no he won't he made me take apart his PDA when i broke it to fix it!!! i got 5 electric shocks
> and had to go to hospital

I smell a troll... PDAs do not carry high voltage, and the operation to replace the screen is
nothing more than a hassle and a bit expensive (for the glass/touchscreen).

If its not, kid, learn to accept the consequences for what you've done. Plus, its hard to get
electric shocks from a bike.

Jon Bond

Bruce Deschacht wrote:
> Oh no he won't he made me take apart his PDA when i broke it to fix it!!! i got 5 electric shocks
> and had to go to hospital

we're really supposed to believe that?

riiiigghhtt....

ps

it does hurt when its still plugged in so that it'll work as soon as it gets fixed

> One day I was out riding my bike, when i accidentally crashed into a wall and fell over, and then
> found that the back wheel was scraping against
that
> bar on the side of it (i'm a novice with bikes, don't know what it's
called)
> and then and the peddles wouldn't turn, even though i peddeled as hard as
> could, and only moves if i pull it back, but it goes back straight away!!!
> haven't told anyone, i need to fix it quick please tell me how to fix it.
>
> P.S The wheel is not bent

I laugh at you tr0llx0r! ahahahahhaa. You broke the bike now face the consequences, take your pants
down and get ready for a spanking. And about

from it.

Stop touching your dad's stuff (just a thought).

Small Black Dog

Bruce Deschacht wrote:
> Oh no he won't he made me take apart his PDA when i broke it to fix it!!! i got 5 electric shocks
> and had to go to hospital

from a PDA?, No, I Don't think so there is nothing in there more tha 12V DC

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
> I smell a troll... PDAs do not carry high voltage, and the operation to replace the screen is
> nothing more than a hassle and a bit expensive (for the glass/touchscreen).

Now that sounds like an excellent mod for a PDA. I'd be willing to sacrifice battery life for a
"taser" compact flash module.

Call me a geek, will you? BBBZZZZzzzzzz!

nk

"Bruce Deschacht" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

| it does hurt when its still plugged in so that it'll work as soon as it
gets
| fixed

Since the PDA was plugged in you might get a shock somehow but I dont believe you as you are in the
UK (213.48.1.135 gives it away) and the maqins connector would have an integral earth wire. Thus
making the chance of receiving any decent size shocks negligible.

As for the bike I am guessing its got two nuts on the rear axle that have come loose and hence
twisting the wheel when power is applied. To fix simply realign wheel and tighten nuts.

If you are a kid you owe it to your dad to confess and offer to fix / pay for damages. If you are a
troll get a better line!

Simon

On Sun, 23 Mar 2003 19:37:51 +0000, Simon did issue forth:

> Since the PDA was plugged in you might get a shock somehow but I dont believe you as you are in
> the UK (213.48.1.135 gives it away) and the maqins connector would have an integral earth wire.
> Thus making the chance of receiving any decent size shocks negligible.

The mains connector might not have had an earth connector. A lot of consumer goods are double
insulated, so you don't have an earth connector.

Of course, I very much doubt you'd have mains voltage going into a PDA anyway. Surely it would have
some sort of brick.

"Huw Pritchard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
| On Sun, 23 Mar 2003 19:37:51 +0000, Simon did issue forth:
|
| > Since the PDA was plugged in you might get a shock somehow but I dont believe you as you are in
| > the UK (213.48.1.135 gives it away) and the maqins connector would have an integral earth wire.
| > Thus making the
chance
| > of receiving any decent size shocks negligible.
|
| The mains connector might not have had an earth connector. A lot of consumer goods are double
| insulated, so you don't have an earth connector.
|
| Of course, I very much doubt you'd have mains voltage going into a PDA anyway. Surely it would
| have some sort of brick.
|
| --
| Huw Pritchard Replace bounce with huw to reply by mail

was just trying to say its not imposible just improbable,

Simon

Bruce Deschacht <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> One day I was out riding my bike, when i accidentally crashed into a wall and fell over, and then
> found that the back wheel was scraping against
that
> bar on the side of it (i'm a novice with bikes, don't know what it's
called)
> and then and the peddles wouldn't turn, even though i peddeled as hard as
> could, and only moves if i pull it back, but it goes back straight away!!!
> haven't told anyone, i need to fix it quick please tell me how to fix it.
>
> P.S The wheel is not bent

Pull the wheel back where it's straight, and tighten the nuts on each end of the axle until the
wheel stays where you put it.

Shaun aRe - And stay the f*ck off your dads bike in future kid, or I'll give you such a good ****
kicking, you'll not be able to sit for a month........

Simon <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Bruce Deschacht" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> |
> | it does hurt when its still plugged in so that it'll work as soon as it
> gets
> | fixed
> |

> Since the PDA was plugged in you might get a shock somehow but I dont believe you as you are in
> the UK (213.48.1.135 gives it away) and the
maqins
> connector would have an integral earth wire. Thus making the chance of receiving any decent size
> shocks negligible.

Bollox Si - an earth wire won't make a **** of difference if he touches the live terminal at the
back of the socket.

> As for the bike I am guessing its got two nuts on the rear axle that have come loose and hence
> twisting the wheel when power is applied. To fix
simply
> realign wheel and tighten nuts.
>
> If you are a kid you owe it to your dad to confess and offer to fix / pay for damages. If you are
> a troll get a better line!
>
> Simon

Yeah, his nuts are loose alright......

Shaun aRe